SLO100 clone

• Thread starter Lewk
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Lewk

Reaction score
I'm definetly not going for the O'netics.I don't claim to be an expert but there's so much BS about trannies imvho.There's a 'shoot-out' between several that Granger amps did(that I found via SLOCLONEFORUM)and everyone agreed that the uber expensive Mercury Magnetics were the least pleasing and the cheapest Magnetic Components were the most pleasing.I linked it to my amptech builder mate and he laughed at me saying the difference in 'tone' on the mp3s were most likely down to voltage.Either way the difference is very subtle at best.I'm going to use the Magnetic Components 'Classic tone' trannies in this-the same ones Granger amps use iirc. $200 for pt/ot/choke for 240V/6l6/multi ohm... they look good too with a black finish and the Classic Tone logo which is important I'm going for an openfaced SLO style cab haha

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Jzbass25

Reaction score
I hate you op, I'm thinking about laying some extra cash down on some parts so I can get the build started but I may just save it till I can buy the full bill of parts, minus the O'netics. I do want to try it with an O'netics but I can't justify the price haha

Lewk

Reaction score
Well the nice thing with buying it in parts is you can assemble it in slowmotion :-D on the other hand if you change your mind about building it your screwed and have a bunch of parts lying around!

Got the first delivery today:shred:

img0104dc.jpg

')