Small/low-watt tube head [EU]

trig

Reaction score
Gear wanted: Looking for a low watt tube head. Something in the line of ENGL Gigmaster, Orange Root Terror, EVH 5150 III 50W etc. that's suitable for hi-gain rock/metal tones.

Your Location: Estonia (Europe)
International OK?: yes
Price: depending on the offer

References required: 100% on ebay (eBay) and iTrader. Plus a number of successful deals with forum members here.

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

1b4n3z

Reaction score
There probably are some solid-state components providing additional boost to the signal before it hits the preamp tube. I doubt it had much gain otherwise :) I wouldn't worry about it - it sounds nice, like an ENGL should.

jtm45

Reaction score
I'm thinking of putting my Diezel Einstein 50watt Head up for sale but it doesn't really fit in the low-wattage head category (it's a very capable gigging volume amp!) and as far as 50watt heads go they ain't cheap either.
Does high gain/metal extremely well but it's also got one of the sweetest sounding cleans i've ever heard from a tube amp.

trig

Reaction score
I'm thinking of putting my Diezel Einstein 50watt Head up for sale but it doesn't really fit in the low-wattage head category (it's a very capable gigging volume amp!) and as far as 50watt heads go they ain't cheap either.
Does high gain/metal extremely well but it's also got one of the sweetest sounding cleans i've ever heard from a tube amp.

Cool, I've always kept my eye on Diezel and will probably end up trading my Invader some day for a VH4 or Hagen.

In any case - shoot me a pm once you've decided on the price. Although, might be out of my range currently as I'm just looking for a smallish backup amp to use at home mostly.

trig

Reaction score
Blackstar HT5R maybe? It is an amazing amp and does rock/high gain very well

Thanks for the offer - hadn't really considered Blackstar before. Is it the head or combo version (don't know their product line that well).

jarnozz

Let´s Get Wasted!
Reaction score
Thanks for the offer - hadn't really considered Blackstar before. Is it the head or combo version (don't know their product line that well).

It comes in a head and combo version! I use a simple boost in front of it and it roars when playing my 7 :metal: If you want I can shoot a small clip with my phone

trig

Reaction score
It comes in a head and combo version! I use a simple boost in front of it and it roars when playing my 7 :metal: If you want I can shoot a small clip with my phone

Thanks, appreciated. How is it without the boost? Any lack of tightness in the low- end?

jarnozz

Let´s Get Wasted!
Reaction score
Here it is! Sorry for the sloppy playing, It´s like 3 degrees outside and my hands were still frozen when I recorded this xD I used a boss OD but with the drive all the way back, tone at 9 o´clock and level all the way just to boost it. I used it on some parts. I´ll put the time where the pedal is on in the description! Hope this helps in some way!

The controls are as followed on the amp:

reverb - ISF - treble - middle - bass - volume - gain - channel select - volume - tone

here was the pedal used
on: 1:20 off at 1:57
on: 3:03 off at 3:12
on: 3:30 random on of at the same cord while chugging.
on: 4:40 off at 6:50
on: 8:00 off at the end!

trig

Reaction score
Here it is! Sorry for the sloppy playing, It´s like 3 degrees outside and my hands were still frozen when I recorded this xD I used a boss OD but with the drive all the way back, tone at 9 o´clock and level all the way just to boost it. I used it on some parts. I´ll put the time where the pedal is on in the description! Hope this helps in some way!

The controls are as followed on the amp:

reverb - ISF - treble - middle - bass - volume - gain - channel select - volume - tone

here was the pedal used
on: 1:20 off at 1:57
on: 3:03 off at 3:12
on: 3:30 random on of at the same cord while chugging.
on: 4:40 off at 6:50
on: 8:00 off at the end!

Thanks man! Very much appreciated - couldn't find any decent demos on youtube but yours basically coveres all aspects. Nice influences there as well - some textures and AAL. :bowdown: