Small On/OFF press button for coil split

BMLN

Reaction score
You won't be able to switch both pickups with a single push-pull unfortunately. According to your diagram, yellow is hot and white is ground for one of the pickup modes and blue is hot with green the ground for the other. The push-pull switches are simply switching between the two pairs of wires. Unfortunately, this means that you need both poles of one of these switches for each pickup, thus why Schecter includes two. Likewise, the 5-way idea suggested earlier also won't work, at least not with a standard switch.

In theory, I believe a 4 pole switch could accomplish what you want, though I'm not sure that I've seen a two position 4-pole switch before. 5-way, 4-pole "super switches" are pretty common and may work for you, though I've never wired one and they strike me as something of a pain to deal with.

Ups, i explained myself wrong!
I want to coil split the pickups with the volume push/pull and the pickup switch with the 3 way switch.

Do you think it's possible?

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Chemical-Pony

Reaction score
Ups, i explained myself wrong!
I want to coil split the pickups with the volume push/pull and the pickup switch with the 3 way switch.

Do you think it's possible?

Not for both pickups at the same time.

TubeOrgasmer

Reaction score
Okay, let me just throw my two cents in here:
The EMG 707 is an active pickup, right? So since you already have a battery in there, why not use relays? You can use one SPST latching switch to control any amount of DPDT relays for example, so you could have the function of two DPDT Push-Pulls s in just one button. You could also use a momentary SPST and a flip-flop circuit and add a LED for state indication somewhere in there, but that'd probably drain the battery faster.

CrazyDean

Reaction score
Okay, let me just throw my two cents in here:
The EMG 707 is an active pickup, right? So since you already have a battery in there, why not use relays? You can use one SPST latching switch to control any amount of DPDT relays for example, so you could have the function of two DPDT Push-Pulls s in just one button. You could also use a momentary SPST and a flip-flop circuit and add a LED for state indication somewhere in there, but that'd probably drain the battery faster.

While this is possible, the OP would have to buy an SPST and two DPDT switches to accomplish this. He could also buy a 4PDT. I think that since he already has two extra holes in his guitar, he may as well fill them up. Unless, of course, they're in the way.

TubeOrgasmer

Reaction score
While this is possible, the OP would have to buy an SPST and two DPDT switches to accomplish this. He could also buy a 4PDT. I think that since he already has two extra holes in his guitar, he may as well fill them up. Unless, of course, they're in the way.

Well yes, but he'd be able to control two DPDT relays with one switch, and the relays would be inside the cavity and won't take up space on the guitar, how I understood it, he wants to leave just one knob on the guitar itself, but I might be mistaken :D
The relays are about $3-4 a piece so it wouldn't be that much of a financial setback.

BMLN

Reaction score
FYI, today I happened to come across what appears to be a 2 position 4PDT mini-toggle.

2 Pcs AC 250V 2A 120V 5A 12 Pin 4PDT ON/ON Toggle Switch - Wall Light Switches - Amazon.com

I can't think of any reason this couldn't be used to switch modes on two EMGs with a single switch, assuming the physical toggle fits the guitar as desired.

Well thanks for all the support guys!

I guess i'm going with the original idea witch is:

to replace the two existing volume pots with two of these dpdt low profile car buttons:

http://www.bakersfieldads.net/Oilda...t-on-on-blue-lighted-switches-12V-B22ZE-1.jpg

The downside is that i need to enlarge the pot holes, because I can't find low profile dpdt that fit.

So just to clarify it will be:

3 way switch
master Volume (simple pot)
2 coil split buttons (like the ones in the link)
(no tone knob)

If anyone knows a DPDT button ( on-on, low profile) that fits in a guitar pot hole let me know!

BMLN

Reaction score
Well yes, but he'd be able to control two DPDT relays with one switch, and the relays would be inside the cavity and won't take up space on the guitar, how I understood it, he wants to leave just one knob on the guitar itself, but I might be mistaken :D
The relays are about $3-4 a piece so it wouldn't be that much of a financial setback.

Yes you are right, I just need one knob for volume. (like most metal players)

That leaves me with two open holes witch i will fill in with two low profile DPDT buttons in order to coil split each pickup.

All of these to access the 3 way switch freely and keep the coil split features witch i like so much.

')