Smash and Grab

• Thread starter shpence
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

shpence

Reaction score
I’m interested in the GGD Smash & Grab plug-in as I’m not a huge fan of the (compression) plug-ins that come with Toontrack EZ/Superior drummer. I have sunk too much money into Toontrack stuff to abandon it anytime soon though haha. Anyone snag this plug-in yet? Seems like it could save some time whilst using multi-out.

isispelican

Reaction score
I'm definitely eyeballing it. Hi and low cut filters and also look ahead on the side chain are great features, I'm not sure if I've seen another comp that has all three. I love Nolly's sounds so I trust that it will be amazing, would also like to read what others think about it.

shpence

Reaction score
14 day trial available. Almost wish I didn’t try it due to not wanting to return to how my drum mix was before. Well done GGD Marketing team.

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

bulb

Reaction score
14 day trial available. Almost wish I didn’t try it due to not wanting to return to how my drum mix was before. Well done GGD Marketing team.

Haha well that’s entirely the idea behind the demo! We really think this compressor will help you get your drums to the next level, so with a trial you can see for yourself and then want to buy it because you actually use it!

MerlinTKD

EIght.Fold.Path / Hinge Theory
Contributor
Reaction score
I finally got some drum mics (yay, Christmas :lol: ) and been working on recording and mixing at band practice... I'll probably be snagging the demo in the next week or so to try it out. I can post some comparison vids later, if it'd be helpful. :)

MerlinTKD

EIght.Fold.Path / Hinge Theory
Contributor
Reaction score
Haha well that’s entirely the idea behind the demo! We really think this compressor will help you get your drums to the next level, so with a trial you can see for yourself and then want to buy it because you actually use it!

Just like (the multi-national coffee shop) where I work... the first taste is free, after that you pay :lol:

CLAYSHAPER

SS.org Regular
Reaction score

I'm using Smash and grab and it's easy, fast and sounds killer. I'm so happy about it.

7ibby001

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
I already own Modern and Massive, would it be worth it to get Smash and Grab alongside it? I've sunk so much money into plugins recently, I've been putting off other upgrades to my studio because of it .-.

Kaura

Je suis ketchup
Reaction score
I already own Modern and Massive, would it be worth it to get Smash and Grab alongside it? I've sunk so much money into plugins recently, I've been putting off other upgrades to my studio because of it .-.

If you don't have any nice compressor plugins already I'd say it's worth it. Nowadays I just have to slap that on the drum bus and that's drum mixing basicly done.

Latest posts