Smoke or Not Smoke ?

• Thread starter matt397
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

matt397

Tr00f
Reaction score
So yesterday I had 2 giant teeth pulled, upper molars, and I know Im not suppose to smoke cause of that "dry socket" but what I'm asking you people is how many of you have had this type of procedure and how many of you started smoking within the next 24 hours an if it turned out ok.
I know this might not be the place to ask but Im getting to the point where its either I have smoke or there's gonna be a murder suicide in my house tonight.:wallbash:

Edit: Im not asking whether or not I should smoke, Im asking how many of you have had this procedure and then smoked and how it turned out.......

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Origin

Rainbow In The Dark
Reaction score
I would say follow the doctor's recommendations, gotta stick it out man :p

wannabguitarist

Contributor
Reaction score
I'm gonna have to ask due to the post date; cigarettes or weed? If you just need a marijuana fix/4-20 celebration cook it into some butter and make toast, brownies, whatever. I think Camel also sells like chewable things with nicotine in them if you need that fix :yesway:

Otherwise don't smoke. Dry socket supposedly hurts like a bitch. My friend and I got our wisdom teeth pulled at the same time and he decided not to follow the doctor's rules and used straws to drink his drinks. That sucking caused him to get dry socket and I can see the same thing happening with smoking.

jymellis

Talk To DeWalt
Reaction score
i agree that now is a perfect time to quit (i quit about a year ago), but on the other hand when i had 4 wisdom teeth pulled they told me the same thing, i lit up before i got to the car ;)

matty2fatty

Reaction score
a good friend smoked right after...dry socket city. He wasn't impressed

Customisbetter

WhiskeyTangoFoxtrot
Contributor
Reaction score
after two weeks of having holes in my teeth thanks to shitty filling job, ill recommend NOT getting tooth pain. :lol:

Ckackley

Reaction score
Dry sockets are the devil. DON'T DO IT.. Like JJ said, they don't make enough painkillers for that shit. Don't use a straw either.
Oh, and no blow jobs. Just sayin...

Seriously , listen to the doc....

jymellis

Talk To DeWalt
Reaction score
Dry sockets are the devil. DON'T DO IT.. Like JJ said, they don't make enough painkillers for that shit. Don't use a straw either.
Oh, and no blow jobs. Just sayin...

Seriously , listen to the doc....

this reminds me of a joke (its kinda dirty but not real bad,still safe for work. if the mods feel it bad please delete the post)

a husbands wife is in the hospitol,they had a car wreck and she is now in a coma. the husband feeling totally helpless asks the doctor if he knows ANYTHING that may bring her back out of the coma. the doctor pulls him aside and says "i have heard of some instances where oral sex and an orgasm have brought people out of comas". the husbands thinks this over and asks the doc for about 15 minutes to try the "oral therapy" the doctor suggested. the doc agrees,pulls the curtain and leaves the room. about 10 minutes later the patients alarms start going off like crazy! no vitals,no oxygen in her blood. the doc rushes in as the HUSbAND is pulling up his pants. the doctor syas "what the hell are you doing" the husband says "what you told me" "i was having her give me oral, i think i went to deep because she couldnt push me away and she started to gag"!! the doctor then sayd "i meant for you to do HER asshole":lol::lol:

matt397

Tr00f
Reaction score
yeah, ok, I guess the general consensus from everyone is dont smoke. But I want to let it be known to all of you that Dieing, cancer, emphasima, none of that shit has anything to do with me not smoking, it is simple fear of pain ! I cant wait until december 21st 2012 when a big fat comet is coming towards the earth and I light up a big dirty cigarette smoke the shit out of that bitch an laugh at everyone that told me that cigarettes would kill me if I dint quit :rofl: jokes though, just jokes.

synrgy

Ya ya ya I am Lorde
Reaction score
I guess I'll be the lone idiot who's actually done it.

I understood what the issue was before lighting a cigarette, and understood that for every 'drag' I took, I'd be taking a huge risk of screwing up the procedure my dentist had done, AND entering myself into a world of pain. (Cue John Goodman as Donnie... "WORLD OF PAIN!")

Anyway, I smoked both times I had wisdom teeth pulled, but made sure to *barely* pull on the cigarettes at all (no 'suction' was happening per-say, so much as 'regular breathing' with a cigarette at the end of my lips) and also made sure to rinse with salt water as instructed immediately afterwards.

I came out fine. I mean, my lungs are probably pissed off at me, but otherwise I came out just fine. ;)

All that said, the moral of this story is still that I was being a complete fucking idiot, and you shouldn't follow in my footsteps.

')