Sneak preview of new Traces song!

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

RawrItsRaptor

Let's Get Invisible
Reaction score
Pretty damn good. Your vocalist isn't really my style but, that doesn't take away from the music too much. I can't wait for the full mix! Where do you guys do all your recording btw?

Xiphos68

Reaction score
Reminds me of Dream Theater's new album in the beginning. None the less awesome sounding!!! I can't wait to here a whole album of you guys.
Singer not really my taste either. But the music is plain awesome!

Scar Symmetry

Ex Whiny Bitch
Reaction score
yeah there's one new Dream Theater track we were listening to and we thought 'shit that sounds exactly like us', but this song was written in 2007 so don't worry, we're not trying to be Dream Theater :cool:

thanks for the kind words man!

Xiphos68

Reaction score
yeah there's one new Dream Theater track we were listening to and we thought 'shit that sounds exactly like us', but this song was written in 2007 so don't worry, we're not trying to be Dream Theater :cool:

thanks for the kind words man!
Your welcome!

Was it A Nightmare to Remember or The Shattered Fortress?

Zand3

ss.org Irregular
Reaction score
Reminds me a little of Sikth which is great. I enjoyed the whole song. But I have to say, the screaming sounds a little weak in that it's more like talking.

Scar Symmetry

Ex Whiny Bitch
Reaction score
Reminds me a little of Sikth which is great. I enjoyed the whole song. But I have to say, the screaming sounds a little weak in that it's more like talking.

haha lolwut? I can't think of a band we sound less like but thanks!

Despised_0515

Bassist of Redivider
Contributor
Reaction score
Wish your vocalist didn't do those clean bits but hey, it's about making music you guys love.

:yesway:

I headbanged a goodbit fersure.
Wish my bedroom mixes came out this good haha

SpaceDock

Shred till your dead
Reaction score
I quite enjoy your band. Very Dimmu in a Puritanical Misanthropic way.:bowdown:The kick drum/guitar synchronization is to fucking die for!:hbang:

Serious props man! You rock!:shred:

Slampop

Artist/Producer: IDOLER
Reaction score
:metal::metal::metal:

sounds amazingly produced for being recorded in your living room dude, lovin the song (synths and epic bigness etc!). i would just say compress the vocals to be a bit more even...but i friggin dig his style! and yes, as someone mentioned already, very Dimmu, whom i dig as well! so don't trip on the vocal sound man, vocalist sounds pretty solid imho. :hbang:

Scar Symmetry

Ex Whiny Bitch
Reaction score
haha thanks dude!

we recorded the guitars and drums with an SM57 and the vocals with an SM58 AFAIK so nothing fancy!

like I said it is a really rough mix but thanks for the advice dude :yesway:

Slampop

Artist/Producer: IDOLER
Reaction score
like I said it is a really rough mix but thanks for the advice dude :yesway:

hahaha, of course dude, i totally got that! what i meant by even-ing out the vocals was mainly to say that the reason some might not dig his style is that, for some reason, vocals that have punch ins or drop outs sometimes make the vocalist...even a really good one, sound "off" (if off is the right word!? :lol:). the point of that statement was that he sounds fine vocally!

thanks for sharing though dude, i think it sounds great "now," but i am really looking forward to hearing it after you've worked your magic on it! and yes, the sm57 for micing the guits is my personal poison as well...i lurbs my sm57. oh, and all vocals i have done for my stuff and EDP is an sm58 also...gotta love shure! keep it up dude! :metal:

')