Sneak preview of new Traces song!

SpaceDock

Shred till your dead
Reaction score
thanks man! what do you mean by synchronization?
Playing together really well. I have a hard time recording that tight with my drummer. It is always a little slow or fast. Some midi triggers would fix that but I am too poor.:noplease:

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

xenophist

Reaction score
I dig the sound. I can't wait until it is finished being mixed. I agree with the vocal compression talked about earlier.

The vocals kind of reminded me of Naglfar, but that is just because my knowledge of black metalesque music is not vast.

Scar Symmetry

Ex Whiny Bitch
Reaction score
thanks man, Naglfar are one of our influences so it's cool you can hear the influence in our sound :yesway:

vampiregenocide

Reaction score
This is my favourite Traces track I've heard so far man :wub:

I've still to pick up your first album due to lack of funds, but I will soon :yesway: I'm not normally into this sorta style, but I don't know I just like it :lol: Everything is layered nicely, and the way it goes from brutal to epic is win.

Scar Symmetry

Ex Whiny Bitch
Reaction score
thanks d00d!

it's weird... a lot of people who don't like extreme/black metal like us, some people who don't even like metal at all like us!

I think it's really cool :cool:

vampiregenocide

Reaction score
thanks d00d!

it's weird... a lot of people who don't like extreme/black metal like us, some people who don't even like metal at all like us!

I think it's really cool :cool:

:hbang: Its cool man, not only are you getting this music to more people, but maybe they'll look up your influences too, so they get more into that too.

DrewsifStalin

LOLKATYPERRYGUY
Reaction score
I gotta be honest dude, this mix is pretty terrible. I cant hear bass guitar if there is one, the drums sound like they're 2 rooms away, the vocals are cranked high and the guitar has no presence. I like the material though.

Scar Symmetry

Ex Whiny Bitch
Reaction score
there is no bass guitar yet.

dunno what the deal with the guitar is, really don't. got such an awesome tone out the 6505+, but when we miced it up, recorded and played it back it sounded completely different.

however, it's just a rough mix and it's our first ever attempt at recording a song ourselves so I'm not worrying about any of that at the moment.

DrewsifStalin

LOLKATYPERRYGUY
Reaction score
Respectable! i'd say bring the drums up like FFFFFFFFUUUUUUUUUUUU- and you'll be good. also eq some highs into that guitah!

DIOBOLIC5150

Reaction score
That was a very well written song IMO. You already know the shortcomings of the mix, so there's not much to say about that.. but the song is amazing so who cares. Awesome.

Scar Symmetry

Ex Whiny Bitch
Reaction score
thanks for the kind words everyone!

we're working on another new track right now so once that's complete I might suffer a wave of generosity again!

')