Snowflakery...

• Thread starter BlackSG91
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

BlackSG91

Loves Black Guitars & Meng Mengs
Reaction score
Do you consider yourself a snowflake? Do you find that you are sensitive to other's opinions? Here's another term made up by an ideology that promotes the alpha male in all of us. Thoughts?

;>)/

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Ralyks

The One Who Knocks
Contributor
Reaction score
Snowflakes are snow. You get enough snow, you make snow balls. That snowball turns into a huge pile. That pile becomes an avalanche that crushes the people calling people "snowflakes" after you piss them off enough.

I guess I'm trying to say I've always found flinging around "snowflake" as an insult is pretty stupid.

Ordacleaphobia

Shameless Contrarian
Reaction score
Snowflakes are snow. You get enough snow, you make snow balls. That snowball turns into a huge pile. That pile becomes an avalanche that crushes the people calling people "snowflakes" after you piss them off enough.

I guess I'm trying to say I've always found flinging around "snowflake" as an insult is pretty stupid.

It was apt at first, but it's one of those phrases that's just about lost it's meaning; not unlike 'nazi' or 'racist'.
Now it seems to be used as an insult toward anyone that tends to lean more towards politically correct territory, but that isn't really accurate 9.5 times out of 10. Someone who should be called a 'special snowflake' is the type of person that thinks that they're oh-so-unique and special, like the saying that every individual flake of snow is structurally unique. For a huge majority of those accused of being such a person, this is just totally incorrect. Most of them aren't anything special and don't believe themselves to be; they just hold some of the same politics as those that do.

God, you know, I am one toxic asshole, but even I detest how obsessed our culture is currently with insulting each other. For fuck's sake, at least do it right.

Reaction score

... don't eat the yellow snow... ??

Mathemagician

Reaction score
Another one that really should have gone in the politics thread. More trash spilling out of the dumpster fire.

narad

Progressive metal and politics
Reaction score
Snowflake is defined by her as “the inability to engage in productive intellectual dialogue"?? Does that sound accurate to anyone? :D "Stop being a snowflake, we're trying to have a productive intelligent dialogue here!"

But man, I haven't had cable TV in a long time -- I almost thought this was satire when that giant board of "things to watch out for" popped up. Crazy it's gotten this bad.

Citing professors handing out coloring books like this is part of the curriculum is particularly annoying to me -- professors don't hand out coloring books, some university counseling and welfare services hand out coloring books as a way to relieve stress. It's not part of a curriculum, it's part of counseling. Stress ball = not a snowflake. Coloring book = snowflake.

eggy in a bready

Reaction score
i'm not going to watch that video and forever fuck up my youtube algorithm, but the woman in the thumbnail looks like pure evil. is there a bigger bummer than a young conservative?

BlackSG91

Reaction score
Here's an entrepreneur who has implemented the "snowflake" test at a job interview. Apparently he wants to weed out any Liberal Snowflakes who are all self-entitled that apply for a job and are NOT proud of their country.:usa:

;>)/

Last edited:

spudmunkey

Reaction score
"How do you feel about guns?" Is a snowflake-filtering question? So if you're not comfortable around guns, that means "snowflake"? That's hilarious, because I come from an extended family of many gun owners, with a lot of snowflakes in that tree. :lol: you can spot them on Facebook where every other post is a shared T-shirt that says something like, "the devil told me a storm was coming, and I stood up and said, 'this WELDER is a FEBRUARY guy who listens to THE ROLLING STONES, and I am the storm'".

Demiurge

Reaction score
I don't want to trigger that marketing fella, but talking politics at the office is unproductive and a sign of having nothing better to do. Seeking to hire people who want to play that stupid game will just ensure you have an office full of assholes. How does that look to a serious candidate- a professional- if that shit gets brought up during the interview?

xzacx

Reaction score
I guess I live in somewhat of a liberal bubble based on the demographics of the specific area I live in, the industry I work in, and the people I associate with (thankfully), so this isn’t a term I’m super familiar with or really ever encounter in real life. That said, I feel like every time I see it used online it’s by someone complaining that they were called out for acting like a dick. Being upset about something like that and using a term criticizing someone for being overly sensitive feels incredibly ironic.

BlackSG91

Reaction score
Just for the record I think the term "snowflake" is just another name calling ploy by right-wing pundits. It's a term used to describe so-called liberals as soft & lazy. The right-leaning have at this point thrown out any political correctness in order to get their point across. They are sinking to low levels in order to pander to the inner Cro-mag in all of us. We all know how Trump likes to name call and even having a feud with a dead person...go figure.

;>)/