SO glad that I quit my old band.

• Thread starter DevinShidaker
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

DevinShidaker

"AN IDIOT"
Reaction score
ROSE FUNERAL: THE UNO INCIDENT? | MetalSucks So apparently while they were playing a show with Nile, some kids were playing Uno in front of the stage, dudes in my old band overreacted and beat them up for it. Fucking childish. One of the many reasons I'm not in this band, besides the fact that the music was AWFUL, this type of thing happens on a regular basis... At least I got an apology on the page for them bringing my name into it

what do you guys think about this?:noway:

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

BurialWithin

NAM SAND!!
Reaction score
Uh.....they were playing UNO at a show?? Though that is incredibly rude i think beating them was completely unnecessary. Yell at them, maybe throw something (light and harmless) at them, or just cal them out in front of the crowd, but not hurt them. Right?

13point9

Now with Less Hair!
Reaction score
Sad times dude, Ive had to play with similar stuff happening (not UNO but you get the idea) you just have to grit your teeth and get on with it. If you want to make music your business you need to be professional about it, this band obviously hasn't get that mentality about it and thus will not get far. be glad you got out of there man=)

MF_Kitten

Set up us the bomb
Reaction score
my god, that´s absolutely unacceptable behaviour for human beings. they are a fucking band. this is the world of music. of all the artforms in the world, music is one of the most debatable and split matters of taste you can find. they should know better than to get all butthurt, and even worse, violent, towards people who dislike them.

you should really be glad you quit indeed. i would never want to associate with shitheads like this.

edit: and it doesn´t matter that they were demonstrating it by playing UNO. it´s irrelevant. i played a gig once where someone actually messed with the settings on my pedals from the stage. i didn´t get pissy and beat people up. i just fixed the settings, moved the pedals away from the audience´s reach, and got on with my life like a proper musician should know how to. people messed with my gear for the sake of being mean to me, and i let it go. these guys should know better.

Dan

Reaction score
Whilst i dont agree with the way you've brought this up. It was totally douchey on their part. Be the bigger man next time and dont head down to their level by bitching about them like you did. sorry thats just my :2c:

Moving on however. This is funny, i have to admit it. A dick move on the kids part but damn DAMN funny. I think they could have chosen a better game however such as connect 4?? :agreed:

Secondly, beating their asses over it was just plain wrong. I know they would be pissed and all, but its nothing to get that rattled over. Id have just caused a pit or something and knocked them out the way. Not resorted to violence.

They sound like a bunch of asshole kids who like to bully people around if they dont see their way or like their music. Its unprofessional and its downright pathetic.

If they ever play the UK you know ima bring my UNO set and some pain :metal: :lol:

Customisbetter

WhiskeyTangoFoxtrot
Contributor
Reaction score
wait. so during a metal show, kids were playing a card game near the stage?

how is that possible?

vampiregenocide

Reaction score
Dick move on both parts, but at the end of the day the kids weren't there as professionals, so I would expect a band to act a bit more grown up about it.

Reaction score
I swear if I knew they were coming here I'd bring some friends and a deck of UNO cards. I bet you they wouldn't take their punk asses off that stage and bring that shit to me.

AngelVivaldi

Contributor
Reaction score
To me that's just straight up disrespect, 100%. Looks like the guys in the band have had one too many encounters with that type of reaction and just couldn't take it and lashed out.... regardless it's no excuse to fuck them up because of it. Furthermore if they're getting that reaction constantly then they should probably reexamine their music LOL

If it were me I would have said something to make them look stupid, "So does everyone see these guys playing cards here? THIS is the reason why metal shows are at a decline. Show some fucking respect."

MF_Kitten

Set up us the bomb
Reaction score
of course it was a dick move on their behalf, they were asses for showing their disrespect like that. that doesn´t make it any more okay to beat anyone up. anyone who resorts to physical violence in order to vent frustration and discontent needs to have their shit unscrewed and put back on correctly.

Fenrisulfr

Reaction score
Let me just set one F***ing thing straight. I hate your drummer with every bit of my soul.

Dusty Boles.

That waste of flesh pisses me off more than anyone in the world.

As soon as I heard this I knew that it would come down to a scenario similar down the road.. I had almost got in a fist fight with Dusty before because he's so egotistical and self righteous.

Sad thing is the kid can play drums (besides the fact that he does the same tom fill in between every blast). But he soils his own image with his mockery and less than agreeable facade.

Kudos to you to quitting that band, because this incident just sets the bands view in my eyes EVEN LOWER.

You've got Dusty Boles, a kid from the bum of Glasgow KY who is trying to fight some 17 year olds over a game of uno.

Dale Hammond who is allegedly always pin pointed for stealing gear and being an alcoholic.

And the other members who just throw fuel on the fire? Seriously?

Screw that man,.. This is why I quit playing metal and put up with this crap. It's all about an image, and the image is worth nothing.

GO ahead Dusty, play your shows and get your money for a McDonalds cheeseburger.. Might as well get used to it. Too bad your brother and his band that you quit years back will eventually shoot off farther than you can imagine.. which is as far as you could probably piss.

*rant end*

Evil7

LowCrushingMetal
Reaction score
Dude i live in NC and ive heard of rose funeral... This is fucking crazy... You are better off not jaming with dickheads like that...

metaljohn

SS's Only Dick Butt
Reaction score
Sounds just like Ryan to over-react to something so stupid.

They seriously need to break up.

13point9

Now with Less Hair!
Reaction score
I remember watching a local band called Seethe playing a free show when 4 drunk idiots came in and started taking the piss, they carried on as normal until they went in the pit and started kicking the shit out of some kids, as soon as the vocalist saw that he dropped his mic, grabbed a sucurity guy and went in head first, speared one and pulled the other 2 out. Sucurity took care of the rest. When he got on the stage what he said went something like this...

"Get the fuck out of here you mindless cunts. This music is about unity, NOT division. How the HELL can you think you can get away with that? go back and listen to your own music and let us listen and play ours"

*Cue Breakdown*

I thought that was handled reasonably well hahaha

Fenrisulfr

Reaction score
09-15-2009 03:08 PM - permalink
Fenrisulfr
Mmmm you play with Dusty boles. oh noes.
View Conversation Edit Report

Prior warning noted XD

DevinShidaker

"AN IDIOT"
Reaction score
Whilst i dont agree with the way you've brought this up. It was totally douchey on their part. Be the bigger man next time and dont head down to their level by bitching about them like you did. sorry thats just my :2c:

Moving on however. This is funny, i have to admit it. A dick move on the kids part but damn DAMN funny. I think they could have chosen a better game however such as connect 4?? :agreed:

Secondly, beating their asses over it was just plain wrong. I know they would be pissed and all, but its nothing to get that rattled over. Id have just caused a pit or something and knocked them out the way. Not resorted to violence.

They sound like a bunch of asshole kids who like to bully people around if they dont see their way or like their music. Its unprofessional and its downright pathetic.

If they ever play the UK you know ima bring my UNO set and some pain :metal: :lol:

Hey, I was in this band for a while, I'm entitled to my opinion. I don't see how I went about this the wrong way. I'll play nice when they return my $1500 worth of gear.

metaljohn

SS's Only Dick Butt
Reaction score
Hey, I was in this band for a while, I'm entitled to my opinion. I don't see how I went about this the wrong way. I'll play nice when they return my $1500 worth of gear.

Tell me what it is, and I'll steal it for you next time they roll through.:lol:

Latest posts

')