SO glad that I quit my old band.

• Thread starter DevinShidaker
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

DevinShidaker

"AN IDIOT"
Reaction score
They have my peavey cabinets (they are at the drummers house), my 7321, and my Trailer. Apparently they will give it back when they're done touring in April, but they are SKETCHY dudes so I'm expecting to have to beat some ass to get my shit back. And seriously, Dusty (drummer) is the worst person I have ever met in my life, but he is terrified of me lol.
And Samer, I didn't like the music because of how repetitive and generic it was. I pretty much joined so I could tour constantly and make money, in retrospect it was a bad move because I was touring with dudes I couldn't stand, and I was making absolutely NO money. I finally couldn't take it anymore... But I'm working on a new project now, a few of the guys on here know about it, should be awesome :)

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

MikeH

Bring the gain
Reaction score
I lol'd when you showed me this earlier, Dev. I'm still cool with the dudes from playing in louisville, but I'm bringing a deck of UNO cards next time they come around. :lol:

They have my peavey cabinets (they are at the drummers house), my 7321, and my Trailer. Apparently they will give it back when they're done touring in April, but they are SKETCHY dudes so I'm expecting to have to beat some ass to get my shit back. And seriously, Dusty (drummer) is the worst person I have ever met in my life, but he is terrified of me lol.
And Samer, I didn't like the music because of how repetitive and generic it was. I pretty much joined so I could tour constantly and make money, in retrospect it was a bad move because I was touring with dudes I couldn't stand, and I was making absolutely NO money. I finally couldn't take it anymore... But I'm working on a new project now, a few of the guys on here know about it, should be awesome :)

What the fuck, man! You didn't even tell me! You and Kyle are my only friends on aim. I should be first to know about projects! :(

Cheesebuiscut

Loves his Q-tuners
Reaction score
Considering how many breakdowns people make it seem like their playing I would have totally used my left hand to play uno with them while I used my right to chug. :hbang:

xiphoscesar

Reaction score
Hey are you the guy that was talking shit on YouTube?’

wow seriously?
youtube is full of drama but why would anyone care what other people say aobut them? :lol:

and yes they're coming to san antonio so im gonna bring my uno deck and a group of friends

Axel

Reaction score
I was debating going to see these guys since they're playing with some friends of mine on my birthday. No way in hell I'm going now. What a bunch of douche bags and their music is really generic. I don't understand why Metal Blade would sign them since they already have the Black Dahlia Murder on their roster. Rose Funeral is like a crappier watered down version of the BDM :scratch:

st2012

Texas CEO / RHLC
Reaction score
I'd love to see how these dipshits react to guys their own age/size doing this. I'm sure it's bound to happen before their current tour is over and I can't wait to hear how they kept playing their shitty music and don't do a god damned thing about it when it's not a 17 year old they're picking on.

Customisbetter

WhiskeyTangoFoxtrot
Contributor
Reaction score
Crap they are playing an hour form me on the 11th but i don't want to drive that far to see guys i don't like and possibly get into a fight over UNO cards. :lol:

tacotiklah

I am Denko (´・ω・`)
Reaction score
I don't think it was too nice of the kids to be assholes like that, but that band now has no credibility for lowering themselves into a fistfight (more like a catfight from the sound of it) over nothing. So what if people are playing uno? Hell, I'd probably play with 'em during the breakdowns.

I've seen plenty of bands that I dislike at shows and I still give props to 'em for at least trying. It isn't easy to keep a bunch of angry metalheads entertained for very long....

also to OP:
If I were you, I'd actively put the word out to promoters and whatnot about this band until I got my shit back. Maybe I'm shallow like that, but I've worked so hard to get mediocre gear that I have now. I can't imagine how hard it is for you (especially since your rig probably costs 2x as much as mine). Seriously, I'd be callin' in troops until I got my shit back....

MFB

Banned
Reaction score
They're playing up at Rocko's on the 15th in NH so I may have to learn UNO and give em some shit

Cheesebuiscut

Loves his Q-tuners
Reaction score
They're making entirely too many potential ticket sales off you guys going to their shows just to play uno...

White Cluster

Gives Life Meaning
Reaction score
I didn't know people still played Uno..I'd rather play Set-back

MFB

Banned
Reaction score
Wonder if they chose UNO for any reason? It seems to kind of suck in my book from what I've seen, I'd rather play 45's or Bullshit :shrug:

budda

Do not criticize as this
Contributor
Reaction score
I would totally be trying to get in on the game between songs :lol:

fighting = :noway:.

I want to send my buddy the link to this thread, and then play go fish with him when his band comes through next week :lol:

tacotiklah

I am Denko (´・ω・`)
Reaction score
I would totally be trying to get in on the game between songs :lol:

fighting = :noway:.

I want to send my buddy the link to this thread, and then play go fish with him when his band comes through next week :lol:

In my case, I'd be encouraging some strip poker if there are any sexy ladies there....:agreed:

HammerAndSickle

Guitar Comrade
Reaction score
I fucking hate the idea that people saying "what the kids did was so fucked up" and side with the band. Do they not realize that so many REAL musicians might go their whole lives without a "captive audience"? The number of talented classical and jazz ensemble players who take any gig they can get and play bars, nightclubs, and private parties where they're very likely to be background noise, and motherfucking ROSE FUNERAL expects 100% fucking enrapture from their crowd. Bullshit. If I go to a show I can do whatever I please, including ignoring the band on stage.

EliNoPants

Reaction score
the ass whooping those dudes would have gotten in this town isn't even funny, especially if it was back in the El Torreon days when all the oldschool hardcore kids still went to shows...those guys would literally be too terrified to ever pick up a guitar or drumsticks ever again if they'd jumped a kid at a show for that...i hope they roll through somewhere near here soon, i'll get a ton of dudes there playing Uno, or maybe even bringing in a table and a full collection of board games

')