So I finally got to see Opeth live last night...

progmetaldan

Reaction score
...and they were INCREDIBLE!!!!! :hbang:

They played in my hometown of Adelaide, South Australia last night, what an amazing show!

The band was so tight, and Mikael's voice was right on, the whole band was fantastic, but I think Axe impressed me the most! His drumming was incredible! And Per is probably the coolest keyboardist around, playing hammonds and mellotrons whilst headbanging, and the facial hear is looking awesome I must say... :cool: Guitars and bass were brilliant as usual.

Fantastic setlist, I was a little surprise there wasn't a bit more from Watershed, seeing as that's what they were touring for, but it was very well balanced, Heir Apparent was just monstrous as an opener, and the outro to Deliverance always gets me air-drumming (and I think 90% of the crowd :lol: ) Groovin away to the middle section of The Lotus Eater was also very cool... Ah just the whole thing was great! :D

So stoked with that show, just amazing! Surpassed my expectations big time... :yesway:

The setlist was:

Heir Apparent
Master's Apprentices
The Baying of the Hounds
Serenity Painted Death
To Rid the Disease
The Lotus Eater
Bleak
The Night and the Silent Water
Deliverance
Demon of the Fall
----------------------
The Drapery Falls

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

progmetaldan

Reaction score
Yeah, I don't have much of their early stuff, so I didn't really know that one, but hearing Serenity Painted Death, Bleak, The Drapery Falls, Baying Of The Hounds, Deliverance, that got me excited... :metal:

dpm

Oni Guitars
Contributor
Reaction score
Awesome stuff! I had to give Opeth a miss this time around for financial reasons, and the fact they sold out so damn quickly up here. Saw them the previous 2 tours though, they were fantastic :yesway:

progmetaldan

Reaction score
Awesome stuff! I had to give Opeth a miss this time around for financial reasons, and the fact they sold out so damn quickly up here. Saw them the previous 2 tours though, they were fantastic :yesway:

Man, that's a shame, it sold out here as well... but yeah I missed them last time, and the time before that I didn't even know them, but finally last night I saw them and it was incredible!

Emperoff

Not using 5150s
Contributor
Reaction score
What a setlist man! I'm dying to see them live

jaredowty

Reaction score
That's a killer set. Making Serenity Painted Death a staple of the set was a great idea, it was crushing on the two Prog Nation shows I attended.

Naren

OldschoolGhettostyle
Reaction score
I saw them in 2006 and they played The Grand Conjuration, Demon Of The Fall, The Drapery Falls, a few I don't remember and a ridiculously long song from their first album. The music itself was very very well performed, but none of them moved. They just stood there... and played... :lol: But I guess that's the kind of band they are, so you should expect it.

progmetaldan

Reaction score
^ They moved around around a fair bit more than most prog bands last night, probably the addition of Per and Fredrick helps with that, they both get into it a bit more then Peter did perhaps... I've got no complaints, and the music was performed immaculately.

Korbain

Stay negative!
Reaction score
ahh shit they're playing in sydney tonight. I knew about it for ages, and forgot about tickets, a few of my mates are going to see them tonight. I'll just drown out my sorrow's :noplease: Theres no other really exciting bands to see anytime yet now lol Maybe except slipknot.

I'm jelous of you's lol

TheSixthWheel

bangetzit
Reaction score
The setlist was amazing, eh! I saw em last night in Melbourne. I liked their performance way more than the previous 2 times I've seen them. Intense atmosphere in the Palace (formerly Metro) theatre. They all got stuck right in too - lots of stage presence, not just solid sound. They all looked like they were having a blast up on stage. Per was going off!
Got some killer pics and vids, but only went in armed with a puny 1Gb SD card so had to space it all out. Ah well...the same venue is hosting Meshuggah on the 15th of next month so I'll be armed with an 8Gb SD or something more substantial.

DSCF0583a.jpg

DSCF0606a.jpg

DSCF0600a.jpg

Harry

Doom man of Doom.
Contributor
Reaction score
ahh shit they're playing in sydney tonight. I knew about it for ages, and forgot about tickets, a few of my mates are going to see them tonight. I'll just drown out my sorrow's :noplease: Theres no other really exciting bands to see anytime yet now lol Maybe except slipknot.

I'm jelous of you's lol

I didn't have enough dough to get Opeth tickets:(.. I feel your pain too man

arnoroth661

Tremol-no User
Contributor
Reaction score
Heir Apparent
Master's Apprentices
The Baying of the Hounds
Serenity Painted Death
To Rid the Disease
The Lotus Eater
Bleak
The Night and the Silent Water
Deliverance
Demon of the Fall
----------------------
The Drapery Falls

So. Huh. All my favorite Opeth songs in one show... Hmm. Well that's a shame.
:pissed: :lol:

Crometeef

Reaction score
that's awesome man. they put on a sweet show. mikael was constantly busting sarcastic but yet witty jokes the whole time (him changing this really drunk girls name to dani filth, because she kept screaming and sounding just like him) dark tranquility and devildriver done excellent, but opeth just stole the show here as well. everyone kept yelling demon of the fall, but them ending with my favorite song, deliverance, was just perfect imo! :)

progmetaldan

Reaction score
The setlist was amazing, eh! I saw em last night in Melbourne. I liked their performance way more than the previous 2 times I've seen them. Intense atmosphere in the Palace (formerly Metro) theatre. They all got stuck right in too - lots of stage presence, not just solid sound. They all looked like they were having a blast up on stage. Per was going off!
Got some killer pics and vids, but only went in armed with a puny 1Gb SD card so had to space it all out. Ah well...the same venue is hosting Meshuggah on the 15th of next month so I'll be armed with an 8Gb SD or something more substantial.

DSCF0583a.jpg

DSCF0606a.jpg

DSCF0600a.jpg

Awesome! Cheers for sharing the pics dude! :metal: Yeah Per was awesome on the keys, the whole band had great stage presence! Some people told me that Opeth just stand there and have none, but that was far from the truth on this tour... :shred:

Shannon

Lord Super Awesome
Contributor
Reaction score
Sweet setlist. I see them on Oct 4th in Seattle. This'll be my 4th or 5th time. :hbang:

')