So I got a fake UV777BK...

• Thread starter sixxgunneruv777bk
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

sixxgunneruv777bk

Reaction score
As a beginning guitarist, I got one of the knock off Ibanez's straight outta China from E**y, # 7423875982. $282.00 total shipped from China in three days to my door.The quality is pretty good, Floyd Rose trem, the inlays are smooth and precise. Paint and finish are very good, neck feels great and smooth playing. I don't have an amp to plug it into just yet, but know that its not DiMarzio P/U's in there.This is not my first guitar, (2) BC Rich (Bich & Warlock) & a Epiphone Les Paul copy in previous attempts to learn guitar.I know I will probably get crap for this, but for the money I thought is was a good deal. I know everyone hasn't had this good of experience with the China "Ibanez" guitars, but would like to hear from others if they have got one. What issues have developed? sound??? quality? I plan on improving the guitar as my ability improves. What things have you changed?:shred:

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Mykie

Fatal Havoc
Reaction score
Well even though it is a knock off, it is still a guitar.

Drew

Forum MVP
Reaction score
sixxgunneruv777bk said:
As a beginning guitarist, I got one of the knock off Ibanez's straight outta China from E**y, # 7423875982. $282.00 total shipped from China in three days to my door.The quality is pretty good, Floyd Rose trem, the inlays are smooth and precise. Paint and finish are very good, neck feels great and smooth playing. I don't have an amp to plug it into just yet, but know that its not DiMarzio P/U's in there.This is not my first guitar, (2) BC Rich (Bich & Warlock) & a Epiphone Les Paul copy in previous attempts to learn guitar.I know I will probably get crap for this, but for the money I thought is was a good deal. I know everyone hasn't had this good of experience with the China "Ibanez" guitars, but would like to hear from others if they have got one. What issues have developed? sound??? quality? I plan on improving the guitar as my ability improves. What things have you changed?:shred:

Interesting. I can't tell you a thing about them as you're the first person I've ever spoken to who's bought one. For what it's worth, it's actually good to know that if you buy one of these things they DO send you a guitar. :lol:

Could you take some detailed pics of the thing? I'd be curious to see what the craftsmanship looks like up close.

eaeolian

Pictures of guitars I don't even own anymore!
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Drew said:
Interesting. I can't tell you a thing about them as you're the first person I've ever spoken to who's bought one. For what it's worth, it's actually good to know that if you buy one of these things they DO send you a guitar. :lol:

Yeah, I've wondered about that, myself. I so seldom see them sell that, well...

sixxgunneruv777bk

Reaction score
I'll get some up close pics. The only issues I see are the "Ibanez" logo is cut outta some metal, then cleared over, and the trem route could be cleaner,the pickguard (isn't mirrored) doesn't come all the wall out to the edge as the original, and the inlay behind the trem doesn't have the eye, but overall: Fun to play and looks great.

sixxgunneruv777bk

Reaction score
I paid $2 for the guitar...the rest of my cost was the Shipping & insurance....$282.00 I was surprised as any that it arrived PERIOD, let alone that it looks pretty damn close.

darren

Forum MVP
Reaction score
Heh. It looks to me like the output jack is angled downward instead of up toward the strap pin.

I'm amazed to see that they're even making the serial number decal look like the real thing.

And has nobody in China seen anything but a "JEM Jr." headstock decal?

Roundhouse_Kick

Reaction score
I have to say I wish you hadn't. Those fucking things take up half the guitar listings anyway, the more people buy em the more will pollute those pages and make it harder to see the honest, decent 7 string auctions on there.

Oh well, could be worse. Could be a 6.:lol:

Kagami

Forum MVP
Reaction score
darren said:
Heh. It looks to me like the output jack is angled downward instead of up toward the strap pin.

I'm amazed to see that they're even making the serial number decal look like the real thing.

And has nobody in China seen anything but a "JEM Jr." headstock decal?
Looks to me like it's just a straight flush-mount and not recessed at all.

darren

Forum MVP
Reaction score
D-EJ915 said:
Looks to me like it's just a straight flush-mount and not recessed at all.
060612104.jpg

That sure looks recessed and angled the wrong way to me.

JPMDan

IT'S OVER 9000!!!!
Contributor
Reaction score
Dylan7620 said:
wow, that guitar actualy looks pretty good. its one of the best copies i've seen on there

Yea tell me about it, I'm sure you can take it to a good luthier and he can improve the craftsman ship on the routing and lower cutaway.

Kagami

Forum MVP
Reaction score
darren said:
060612104.jpg

That sure looks recessed and angled the wrong way to me.
Oh yeah it's a bit recessed, that's not even like 1/8 of the way the real UV's is recessed, though. That mofo's like a freaking inch or more into the body.

The Dark Wolf

Contributor
Reaction score
Well, you know it's a knock-off. And I'm sure it's not equal to a $1500 or whatever real UV. But, still, even though $280 total might be a bit too high, only you can say for sure. With the advances in manufacturing, even this sub-par Chinese knockoff stuff is probably 10x better than the Tiawanese crap we used to get in the 80s (us old-timers will remember that stuff :lol: )

I wouldn't be surprised if you didn't get a half decent guitar for the price. (As long as the buyer wasn't expecting a real UV, or comparable!)

darren

Forum MVP
Reaction score
Heh. The jack is angled upward? Or downward? It sure looks like it's angled away from the strap button. Really horrible routing job for the locking nut, too. And a single-locking trem!

I was amused by the headstock saying it was made in Korea. What do you want to bet that every one of those guitars has the same "serial number"?

Zane

7newb
Reaction score
I see those on ebay 2, I was thinking about buying them but their was the fisheness factor:squint: and i read this ebay article on them

I've noticed for a year or more now that these Ibanez imitations from the orient (mainly china) are popping up more and more now. I play rg560's that aren't made anymore so I have to get my guitars from ebay. This is just a friendly word of advice. If you know (or think you know) the guitar of your dreams, be it a Jem or K7, etc. check around first before making that perchase. you can find good deals on here, but you can get burned too! Go to the Ibanez site, do some research before bidding. I personally always surf the Ibanez guitars on ebay for comparison. Don't just jump on the first axe you see. Believe me, when a nice deal comes up, it's hard to resist sometimes. be patient and put it on your watch list, wait for some time to expire, and look around for comparison. You will learn a lot by doing this.
oh welcome to the forums

Also i have seen some Chinese "Gibsons" nvm the fact that they make them here in the USA. Also if you read what these people have to say about the guitar its kinda strange.
But otherwise im gonna keep an eye on this post , interested in how it sounds:cool:

')