So I got a fake UV777BK...

• Thread starter sixxgunneruv777bk
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

sixxgunneruv777bk

Reaction score
The local guitar shop will do a set up for about $25, and they want me to bring it down check out in person. They suggested changing out the strings to some Ernie Ball Slinky's and them setting it up would make a good guitar great. I was told the Roland Cube would be a great starter for this, again, I don't know how it sounds yet. Maybe tomorrow I will take it down and plug in to a few amps. Will keep you informed. I jumped on this after not being able to find a RG550, (thank you 80's bands!)Thanks for the input so far.

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Popsyche

Contributor
Reaction score
The Dark Wolf said:
Well, you know it's a knock-off. And I'm sure it's not equal to a $1500 or whatever real UV. But, still, even though $280 total might be a bit too high, only you can say for sure. With the advances in manufacturing, even this sub-par Chinese knockoff stuff is probably 10x better than the Tiawanese crap we used to get in the 80s (us old-timers will remember that stuff :lol: )

I wouldn't be surprised if you didn't get a half decent guitar for the price. (As long as the buyer wasn't expecting a real UV, or comparable!)

Yeah these damn kids don't know how good they have it! :mad: I had to play a guitar that only had .016 gauge G- strings, All five of um! Damn kids! :noplease: I had to barre chord it with a wood block and a C clamp! Had to use a one-eyed baby alligator named Stinky for a capo. :wallbash: Damn kids!:rant:

sixxgunneruv777bk

Reaction score
I got into alot of bands just cause of the guitars they played.....how juvenile I know. But I got into G N R, Dokken, Def Leppard,LA Guns,Ratt, Quiet Riot & etc waaaay before anyone around me knew them. I would watch "Head Bangers Ball" till the wee hours with my air guitar in hand, playing long to my favorite bands video's. I have labored long days to get to a place in my life where I can MAKE time to learn this instrument. I don't want to be in a band, or on stage, I just want to play my jams for me and keep learning more as I go. I am eager to learn for sure!

The Dark Wolf

Contributor
Reaction score
Popsyche said:
Yeah these damn kids don't know how good they have it! :mad: I had to play a guitar that only had .016 gauge G- strings, All five of um! Damn kids! :noplease: I had to barre chord it with a wood block and a C clamp! Had to use a one-eyed baby alligator named Stinky for a capo. :wallbash: Damn kids!:rant:
:scratch:

Zane

7newb
Reaction score
A roland cube my uncle has one there nice if you travel alot

Steve

I'm a Happy Camper.
Reaction score
I'm very surprised by how it looks.. not as bad as I would have thought. I can't wait to hear how it sounds through some amplification.

Please keep us updated.

Metal Ken

Hates the Air
Contributor
Reaction score
Popsyche said:
You have visitation rights anytime!:hbang:

I've had the most serious case of 'sellers regret' the past 6 months. lol. every time i see it come up on the user gallery thing on the side of the front page, i feel empty... At least it went to a good home lol

Popsyche

Contributor
Reaction score
Metal Ken said:
I've had the most serious case of 'sellers regret' the past 6 months. lol. every time i see it come up on the user gallery thing on the side of the front page, i feel empty... At least it went to a good home lol

It's tough, I know! It stays safely in it's case away from that Amy chick. I won't take it out on gigs. I play the one in my avatar now when I play out. :agreed:

Metal Ken

Hates the Air
Contributor
Reaction score
LOL, good to know. i wonder whatever happened to that Amy chick anyway?

Kagami

Forum MVP
Reaction score
Wowza, that neck is really mounted up high in the body, dang.

Too bad you don't get to experience the awesome pearloid binding on a real UV777BK \m/

It looks like if the neck was mounted a bit lower then it might actually be a decent guitar, depending on whether the wood has any tone/resonance at all.

Ken

Forum MVP
Reaction score

bostjan

MicroMetal
Contributor
Reaction score
Hmm, I'm actually not surprised at how it looks.Certainly immediately recognizable, yet not very true to the original. Just wait until we find out the North Koreans were making counterfeit "superjems" that look more like the originals than the actual originals do. :lol:

sixxgunneruv777bk

Reaction score
Felony to possess this? If I were to make a guitar and its looks and design are similar to a name brand makes it a crime? I made guitars and basses in wood shop class in high school....20 yrs ago. Sold them frequently and never had any complaints. If it were EXACT... I could understand that. But being similar is a little different.....Yes, throwing the Ibanez name on it probably pushes it into the dark side. I made all kinds of BC Rich, Jackson and etc bodies, threw on some necks that I would modify to look like the original, but never pass them off as the real deal, never put the manufacturers name on them. Similar? Yes.....exact? No...

Elysian

Banned
Reaction score
sixxgunneruv777bk said:
Felony to possess this? If I were to make a guitar and its looks and design are similar to a name brand makes it a crime? I made guitars and basses in wood shop class in high school....20 yrs ago. Sold them frequently and never had any complaints. If it were EXACT... I could understand that. But being similar is a little different.....Yes, throwing the Ibanez name on it probably pushes it into the dark side. I made all kinds of BC Rich, Jackson and etc bodies, threw on some necks that I would modify to look like the original, but never pass them off as the real deal, never put the manufacturers name on them. Similar? Yes.....exact? No...
they put the ibanez logo on the headstock, that immediately makes it against the law...

')