So I got a fake UV777BK...

• Thread starter sixxgunneruv777bk
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Mastodon

Songs about My Cats
Reaction score
Whoa....slow down....

You guys got to make instruments in shop?

Wow...that class really has really declined over time.

We got to make

A. A really cool screw driver handle

B. A bowl

C. An iron sign hanger to hang on your mailbox or front porch

And a co2 wooden race car.

And NOW for some stupid reason, our principle has decided that she is going to get rid of all of our lathes and equipment.

So now shop has gone from shop, to "tech systems" and all they get to learn about is some basic tech drawing skills.

It sucks since the shop teacher is so awesome and charismatic.

Man he was weird...

It's like the equivalent of de-clawing a cat or neutering a dog.

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

darren

Forum MVP
Reaction score
Maybe it was for insurance reasons.

[/offtopic]

Chris

Forum MVP
Reaction score
Elysian said:
they put the ibanez logo on the headstock, that immediately makes it against the law...

Clearly the Ibanez sticker on my laptop makes it a felony to own it as well. :agreed:

Metal Ken

Hates the Air
Contributor
Reaction score
Chris said:
Clearly the Ibanez sticker on my laptop makes it a felony to own it as well. :agreed:

I have an ibanez poster in my living room. My house is illegal : (

Cyberi4n

Reaction score
Elysian said:
they put the ibanez logo on the headstock, that immediately makes it against the law...

Actually no I dont think it does. Passing it off by advertising it as an Ibanez would, but simply branding it as such doesn't IIRC. As long as the advert that sold the guitar doesn't make any assumptions in writing that the purchaser is buying a genuine Ibanez then simply putting the logo on the headstock is not making it against the law - there's no misrepresentation occuring.

Although I could be wrong :p

Ken

Forum MVP
Reaction score
Cyberi4n said:
Actually no I dont think it does. Passing it off by advertising it as an Ibanez would, but simply branding it as such doesn't IIRC. As long as the advert that sold the guitar doesn't make any assumptions in writing that the purchaser is buying a genuine Ibanez then simply putting the logo on the headstock is not making it against the law - there's no misrepresentation occuring.

Although I could be wrong :p

And, I believe you are wrong. They do in fact advertise it as an Ibanez in the title of the auction.

It makes no difference to me, but everyone here knows it's wrong. It's also Kharma. Ibanez got their start ripping off American companies' designs. Now it's come full circle.

I was just trying to warn him because Ibanez considers it a violation of the law and he's admitting to having one in a very public forum.

bostjan

MicroMetal
Contributor
Reaction score
Yeah, Ken is right. Unfortunately, the big companies are more likely to go after little consumers over patent laws than big businesses. Why? Well, the businesses have fancy lawyers to make litigation and settlement nearly impossible, whilst consumers like you and me are defenseless and are sure to fall prey to them in court, no matter how right we are.

sixxgunneruv777bk

Reaction score
I appreciate your heads up. I had combed the net trying to find someone that had one BEFORE I got this. No one seemed to have any good luck with quality and playability or IF they even got the thing! They talked about the crap workmanship, electronics that were weak. I guess I wanted to add my 2 cents and let you know there ARE good ones out there. Wasn't trying to stir some BS about the legal system. There are guys selling everything on that damn E##y, & on my street corner I can get Tommy gear for the price of Wranglers and alot of it is fake. Consumer beware for sure, but thought my experience went very well. BTW, just got it back from the shop. The two guys were fighting over playing this. Both loved it and after the setup, I came back to find a couple other techs there checking it out. It sounds really good in all modes and the set up makes it play a little faster, they lowered the action a good deal. They all seemed to like it.The guy hooked into a wall of effect pedals and it was screaming!!! Can't wait till I can play it like that. I know I know....practice, practice, practice. Back to lurking .....and learning. Thanks!

Zane

7newb
Reaction score
Cool thats good to hear
I love happy endings :lol:
Has for looks its great 2
so did you buy tha cube:scratch:

wish are shop classes were that well funded , i got to make a bread knife
and a dumb wooden moose head to cut the bread on.

sixxgunneruv777bk

Reaction score
In my shop class I made ball bats, and entertainment center, and the customary four wood type bowls on the lathe, as well as toys for the local childrens home. It was pretty cool. The Cube....looked at a couple of them...don't remember the numbers, with the built in effects/tuner and I am still not sure which one. one is $100 the one I like is $235. Tech said he used it to gig with locally. Am close but haven't purchased...yet.

In my shop class I made ball bats, and entertainment center, and the customary four wood type bowls on the lathe, as well as toys for the local childrens home. It was pretty cool. The Cube....looked at a couple of them...don't remember the numbers, with the built in effects/tuner and I am still not sure which one. one is $100 the one I like is $235. Tech said he used it to gig with locally. Am close but haven't purchased...yet.

bostjan

MicroMetal
Contributor
Reaction score
Thanks for the positive spin on things, Jimmy two-times. ;) A lot of us have really been wondering about these things, but are too scared to send large sums of money overseas in good faith. I wouldn't be surprised if there are various manufacturers copying Ibanez. Some are probably decent whilst others are shit.

Thanks again, please feel free to join in other discussions, this thread has been very interesting.

Now, I'm gonna go get tha papers, get the papers.

Metal Ken

Hates the Air
Contributor
Reaction score
Ken Burtch said:
And, I believe you are wrong. They do in fact advertise it as an Ibanez in the title of the auction.

It makes no difference to me, but everyone here knows it's wrong. It's also Kharma. Ibanez got their start ripping off American companies' designs. Now it's come full circle.

I was just trying to warn him because Ibanez considers it a violation of the law and he's admitting to having one in a very public forum.
Well, in Ibanez's defense, their copies didnt say "GIBSON" or "fender" on there, they always said ibanez. this some offbrand labeled as ibanez, which is wholly different, IMO.

Ken

Forum MVP
Reaction score
Metal Ken said:
Well, in Ibanez's defense, their copies didnt say "GIBSON" or "fender" on there, they always said ibanez. this some offbrand labeled as ibanez, which is wholly different, IMO.

I didn't say it was the same thing. I said they copied the "designs". Kharma doesn't always mirror the original offense. ;) Make no mistake though, Ibanez's copies DID say Gibson and Fender, if only in the minds of the people who bought them.

I don't think this is "wholly" different, just slightly. Fraud is fraud, but I'll respect your right to split hairs if you want to. :lol:

Metal Ken

Hates the Air
Contributor
Reaction score
well, im just saying, its not different than a 200$ peavy 'strat' copy or a a Agile Les Paul or anything. we know they're copying it, but they're at least doing it legally, lol. the Chinese dudes are just doing straight up fraud lol

jtm45

Reaction score
Natsy,just NASTY!!!!!:noway:

The closer you look the worse it gets.:agreed:

At least the old Ibanez copies of Gibson shapes were good quality.

There's a World of difference between a Japanese quality built replica and a cheap Chinese sweat-shop rip-off.

It's just soooooo wrong in so many different ways! (and i don't just mean the actual guitar)

I was quite shocked to see the other day that some of those Dean Razorbacks, i suppose the one i saw was the 'medium' level one,but it was still nearly £1000 in the UK,was built in China!!!!!!!!!!!!:scratch:

Jason

Forum MVP
Reaction score
Um alot or Rondo stuff is built in china. Imo it shits all over Ibanez's :agreed:

bostjan

MicroMetal
Contributor
Reaction score
China kicks ass these days. My Brian Moore is Chinese, and you'd never ever guess from the workmanship. Japanese guitars are getting better than most US guitars.

US businesses need to fucking wake up and smell the coffee, because they are really starting to go down the tubes. Too much "high and mighty" attitude without neew innovation. (*cough GM cough gibson*)

sixxgunneruv777bk

Reaction score
I can understand alot of what your saying. Yes, throwing the Ibanez name on was wrong. I can't condone ripping off a company as in this example. If you want to copy a design, tweak it a little, then call it yours...fine. I wanted a real one, but for $2 plus the shipping, I had to take a gamble. I was in a shop yesterday looking at the Peavey, GL, BR Rich, Gibson,Epiphone, ESP & etc guitars. All , it could be argued haave ripped off this design or feature from one another. I looked at the Epiphone line: Don't they have anything orginal at all? The Explorer, The SG, The Les paul, The V or archtops...all there under their name. So what is my solution? Rip out the "Ibanez" nameplate, and have it changed to "CHIBANEZ" instead? I have a great feeling, playing & looking guitar that some smoo put a hacked up nameplate on. I am not in any danger of perfroming on stage or appearing on VH1 anytime soon. Its for me and me alone. I don't see me parting with it nor will I ever claim it to be original and pass it off as such. I'll tweak it to my preferences (pups & such). and leave it at that. I appreciate all of your input and opinions.

JJ Rodriguez

Contributor
Reaction score
sixxgunneruv777bk said:
I looked at the Epiphone line: Don't they have anything orginal at all? The Explorer, The SG, The Les paul, The V or archtops...all there under their name.

Epiphone is owned by Gibson, it's their cheaper line of guitars.

')