So, I just fell in love with a guitar...

død

Reaction score
You mean the top cultural export of a very small country with a global impact of zilch. I mean, they have wooly cardigans and a funny sounding language, what else are they going to export? :squint:

You mean apart from oil? Not much. Seeing as we currently employ about 60000 of your fellow Swedes, keeping your mouth shut would be a wise decision.

Black metal is bigger internationally than it is here in Norway, EOD. Still, I hardly think it's big enough to warrant Ihsahn getting a signature. ESP tried it with the dudes from Dimmu Borgir, I doubt they sold many of them.

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Pikka Bird

Vaya Con Cornholio
Reaction score
død;4168918 said:
You mean apart from oil?
Is oil culture?

død;4168918 said:
Seeing as we currently employ about 60000 of your fellow Swedes, keeping your mouth shut would be a wise decision.

Or you'll personally see to it they will all be fired? :lol:

Just playin', dude. Cool it. :cool:

joshuallen

Reaction score
You could make a neck, or customize a neck with the proper angle (you'd only need to add 2-3 degrees). However, you may also run into a problem with the TOM sitting much higher than the native Ibby pickups can reach, so you might end up needing to shim the pickups as well. IMO, if you're going with a straight mod, you might be better off recessing the bridge to bring it down to the right level so you don't have to completely redo everything. You can end up chasing your tail a bit on something like that. It might be easier to build a new body. Plenty of Iceman patterns online. That way you could also get the top, or find someone with woodworking tools who help you out.

I personally have found straight builds to be less of a headache than modding, but ymmv. Adding a top may actually help in this case to cover up the old bridge holes/routes.

død

Reaction score
Or you'll personally see to it they will all be fired? :lol:

Just playin', dude. Cool it. :cool:

That's not what I meant. If it hadn't been for us, those Swedes would be jobless. Instead, they're baking our bread and making our coffee.

Forkface

Feast on this.
Reaction score
^lol.

ANYWAY. I just got the guitar (IC500) and its a tad neck-heavy. Before I mod anything else I will try to fix this.
Besides using a wide leather strap and moving the pins (can't really change those) any other ideas to balance the guitar?

I was thinking of sticking penny rolls in the control cavity but i dunno how electronics would react to that, and if it would make any difference whatsoever.

Pikka Bird

Vaya Con Cornholio
Reaction score
^It won't react to that, provided you don't let the roll knock around in there loosely. Heck, even strong magnets won't have any effect as long as they're stationary.

I think the best first approach is moving the strap button onto the heel of the neck, and perhaps moving the rear button onto the back somewhere if that isn't enough (if you don't mind drilling into the body).

død;4169546 said:
That's not what I meant. If it hadn't been for us, those Swedes would be jobless. Instead, they're baking our bread and making our coffee.

Yeah, I know. But he did say "cultural export", so the job market doesn't really factor in. To be fair, he shouldn't have said "small country", however. There's quite enough room to stretch your legs up there, and the fjords are award-winning.

Forkface

Feast on this.
Reaction score
I'm loving this.
every time i get a notification "someone posted on your thread" i get all excited: "oh, someone with helpful insight!"

but i guess not. useless scandinavians are useless.

Pikka Bird

Vaya Con Cornholio
Reaction score
...I thought I was helping.

smiley_cry.gif

Forkface

Feast on this.
Reaction score
it was a joke :lol: i just found the oil discussion funny.

anyway, ill try the coin thing tomorrow along with a nice strap.
about moving the pin, right now its as close as i can get it without it getting on the way of my playing, so i cant really do that :p

død

Reaction score
Yeah, sorry. I'll let myself out :)

Majkel

Reaction score
død;4169546 said:

Yeah take a moment and chill out dude, I wouldn't exactly claim Sweden to have any huge cultural exports on a global scale either, so rather than interpreting it as "damn those Swedes attacking MAH COUNTRAH!" you can just take it to mean that really none of our Scandinavian countries have a really huge cultural impact on the world as such.

Even if Black Metal is a "huge export", you don't exactly see Gorgoroth selling out Madison Square Guarden, y'know ;)

Anyways, let's get back to that super sweet Iceman, shall we? :metal:

HurrDurr

Lord of all Things
Reaction score
I mean, personally... I wouldn't even consider Ihsahn's more recent work as being deeply in the vein or even ballpark of traditional and/or even modern Black Metal. I find his sound to be pretty unique in what he's capable of composing, arranging, and incorporating within his music in what I could only describe as a Progressive Metal offering. :2c:

Latest posts

')