So I just got an audition at Berklee for the spring semester

• Thread starter Crescent2k6
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Crescent2k6

Reaction score
I'm pretty stoked. I'm going to penn state now for computer engineering and despise it. Music is where my heart has always been and I'd love to do that for a living. Been brushing up on my sight reading and blues improvisation like crazy. Any tips or anything that you think might impress the auditioners? (I don't think that's a word).

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

shaneroo

Oh, herrrrro......
Forum MVP
Reaction score
always helps to know your jazz standards, different styles, etc.....
but most important....
be yourself..... show them that it would only benefit berklee by having you enrolled.
everyone has a unique style somewhere inside, you just got to find it...... i've been trying for years ;)

Nitsuj

Reaction score
I'm pretty stoked. I'm going to penn state now for computer engineering and despise it. Music is where my heart has always been and I'd love to do that for a living. Been brushing up on my sight reading and blues improvisation like crazy. Any tips or anything that you think might impress the auditioners? (I don't think that's a word).

You will be given a chord chart in the style of music u chose and will be asked to improvise over those changes with a backing track provided.

Whatever you do, just make it sound good and stay with the chord tones. It is an audition and not a performance after all. Just play it safe and play through the changes.

Good luck.

')