So I kicked my singer to the curb (acoustic duo)

• Thread starter Riffer
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

SnowfaLL

Reaction score
It's so damn difficult to find professional musicians to form a band with, its unreal.. and thats one of the big reasons I don't care for gigging anymore. But man, I've worked with the diva singer before. Worst part is she was the guitarists girlfriend so no firing her until they broke up, which happened right before the biggest gig they ever had sadly (causing them to cancel it)

You are right, it should be taken as a business. Have a business plan written out and follow it even. So when she acts immature and slacks off, she should be treated just like any employee and fired. She should just go do karaoke instead if she wants to sing occasionally.

I'm wondering why you decided to work with her in the first place, sounds like trouble from the start lol..

Riffer

No Title
Reaction score
I'm wondering why you decided to work with her in the first place, sounds like trouble from the start lol..

She has a good voice and is attractive. Kind like if you started dating a girl because she was hot and gave good blow jobs. I figured she was just very new and she would eventually get the hang of it. But heres a video from a gig about a month ago. We've been doing this song for a year and it a VERY popular song (Sublime's "Santeria") that almost everyone knows. As you can see in the video she is looking at the music stand in front of her during almost every verse line.

imgarrett

Reaction score
I was in a similar situation with my cousin who was singing and I was playing acoustic. We played a couple open mic's and had a show down in San Diego. She was a very hot-headed and temper-mental individual to the point where if things did not go her way she acted like a total b*$%^ very disrespectful putting me in awkward situations, making a scene with people while I had to calm her down, very stressful for me. 0 Patience whatsoever, I got tired of dealing with her attitude cause she expected everything to be her way so I said cya! She was a great singer but she had a very cocky prima donna beyonce attitude about her. What is it with people that know they have talent?

8last

Reaction score
She has a good voice and is attractive. Kind like if you started dating a girl because she was hot and gave good blow jobs. I figured she was just very new and she would eventually get the hang of it. But heres a video from a gig about a month ago. We've been doing this song for a year and it a VERY popular song (Sublime's "Santeria") that almost everyone knows. As you can see in the video she is looking at the music stand in front of her during almost every verse line.

You didn't play the solo, man. Big pet peeve of mine when people don't play song the same way as the original. But on topic definetly the right call to fire her. The only way she is worth putting up is if she drew a huge crowd.

cwhitey2

BlackendCrust Metal™
Reaction score
I play guitar and I only show up to the shows that I WANT to play... What's wrong with that :lol:

Seriously forget and her. She deff had no clue how's this business works. It's not about when it's convenient for you :wallbash:

Riffer

No Title
Reaction score
You didn't play the solo, man. Big pet peeve of mine when people don't play song the same way as the original..

Haha, dude I know. I'm the same way usually but since its just me playing guitar it would sound weird with no rhythm. I use a looper but have never used it in that song. I should though.

Slunk Dragon

Gear Nerder
Reaction score
Sounds to me like you made the right call if she can't bother to learn the songs and she needs to keep a song sheet in front of her. No matter how big of a crowd she draws, if she's not a professional, she shouldn't be trying to gig with ya. You're definitely better off.

Latest posts

')