So I started working out and tracking my diet recently...

• Thread starter Fenriswolf
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Fenriswolf

Reaction score
I finally get why Goku was always hungry.

So I downloaded an app to track my macros, and it says for me to to lose weight I need 2500 calories, 160g (232g) of carbs, 255g (370g) of protein, and 99g (144g) of fat, parentheses is what it gets bumped to after my daily activity. The only time I've gotten close to that was yesterday when I had a rest day, and had a couple whiskey drinks and pretty much a whole ass frozen pizza for dinner. Hell, today, with the fasted cardio I do in the morning, a very conservative guess on how many calories I burn at work, and my workout, I've really only had like 800 calories.

It just feels weird eating so much while I'm trying to lose weight, but I've plugged in what I used to eat along with the added exercise I do now, like negative 300 calories a day.

KnightBrolaire

SSO's unofficial pickup tester
Reaction score
wtf, it thinks you need 370g of protein?
That seems inordinately high for someone not on a hard bulk. I eat about 250g of protein a day and that's pretty doable ime.

You should at least try to hit your calorie goal for the day consistently. Dropping lower than your BMR will drive your body to stop losing weight past a certain point. It also makes losing weight in the future harder, as your body will adjust your bmr to a smaller amount to prevent starvation. Starvation also causes the body to catabolize muscle first, since excess muscle uses up the most energy.

Fenriswolf

Reaction score
wtf, it thinks you need 370g of protein?
That seems inordinately high for someone not on a hard bulk. I eat about 250g of protein a day and that's pretty doable ime.

You should at least try to hit your calorie goal for the day consistently. Dropping lower than your BMR will drive your body to stop losing weight past a certain point. It also makes losing weight in the future harder, as your body will adjust your bmr to a smaller amount to prevent starvation. Starvation also causes the body to catabolize muscle first, since excess muscle uses up the most energy.

I have it set to a high protein diet because while I am trying to cut at the moment, I'm trying to get two birds stoned at once and build muscle while I'm doing it.

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Winspear

Winspear/Noisemother
Reaction score
Take estimates with a grain of salt. They aren't worth much.

You didn't say how much you weigh - 1g of protein per lb of bodyweight is fine. Less if you are overweight, because obviously the extra weight is fat that doesn't need to be maintained with protein whilst on a cut.

A lb of fat is 3500 calories - a 500 daily deficit will have you losing a pound a week. You can go slower if you want to be less hungry. Track your calories and weigh yourself daily - an app can't guess your maintenance level and there is no need to go drastically under it, it will make a cut feel like shit and be harder to maintain.

Are you saying you're in a 300 deficit (though indeed you wont know the answer to this unless you actually know your maintenance calories rather than what an app said), or something more extreme? 300 is a good rate and should have you down a pound every 11 days :)
If you want to build muscle whilst doing it, do go for the higher brackets of protein intake, but that amount is excessive - also go for the lower deficits and slower cut of course

shredmechanic

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
Holy hell 370g of protein a day is a lot(unless you actually weigh ~370lbs and are training for strongman). Your liver is going to be crying my dude.

Fenriswolf

Reaction score
Even though the thread is a year old, it's always great to hear about your dedication to tracking your diet and staying active. Maintaining the right balance between calorie intake and expenditure can be a bit tricky, but it's essential for achieving your fitness goals. If you've been consistently working on your health and fitness over the past year, that's fantastic progress! It's also worth mentioning that your dietary needs can change over time as your fitness level and goals evolve. If you're looking for new insights or inspiration, you might still find the John Cena Workout and Diet at https://fitnessclone.com/john-cena-workout-diet/ helpful in fine-tuning your approach to nutrition and exercise.

I clicked the link, can't see anything. IDK if software problem or because John Cena.

u-cant-see-me-john-cena-17166598-800-600-524864661.jpg

Have jorts, need tren cycle help/

Jotun@

RooR
Reaction score
What app is this, and are you wearing a tracker that is doing the adjustments?

All of the counts seem very off.

And I just realized this thread is way old. Hopefully it worked for you

Fenriswolf

Reaction score
What app is this, and are you wearing a tracker that is doing the adjustments?

All of the counts seem very off.

And I just realized this thread is way old. Hopefully it worked for you

I don't remember what the app was, I deleted it because I was thinking too much about all of it and was starting to get an eating disorder.

It probably seemed off because I'm fat, but also work a very physical job and workout, so I'm just kinda off. I've stayed around 250-260 pounds the whole time, but I switched from obsessing over scale numbers and calories, to just every now and then I'll figure out my lean muscle mass, because I'm still fat as fuck, but now everytime I move I can see my muscles in the mirror.

As bad as I was feeling that I'm putting in all this work and still weigh the same, I figured out my lean muscle mass, and it's gone up like 40 pounds. So as fat as I feel, around 220 pounds of that, is straight up, build like a brick shit house

fat-thor-cardigan.jpg

It's working mate, just not necessarily in the way I planned.

mpexus

Reaction score
Man... 2600 calories are a LOT Of calories... are you a Lumberjack? A Miner? Do you have any activity were you are in constant use of your strength?