So if I already have a six string Ibanez RG?

• Thread starter Progbusters
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
would a 7 string Ibanez RG sound the same (despite the 7th string)? I've had my RG220B (basswood body, maple neck, rosewood fret, edge trem) since 97 and used a few pickups. The pickups add a little flavor whenever I change them...I have 4 different amps - still sounds the same... But the base tone seems the same - a midhump right in the middle of the mids giving it a slight "honk", weak highs, lows not really resonating, and overall neutral tone.

:scratch:

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

mnemonic

Custom User Title
Reaction score
For the most part, they're all made from the same type of woods. While no two guitars are really gonna sound exactly the same, it shouldn't be a million miles off.

If you have the chance, try a few different guitars and choose the one that sounds best to you.

WhoThenNow7

Reaction score
No two guitars are really going to sound the same... and you'd have to find a guitar of the same quality if you want it to sound similar.

Reaction score
cool. I want to get my first 7 string but I don't want it to sound like my RG. I want a different beast. Thanks

')