Current BC Rich Thread

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

watson503

Los Cochinos
Reaction score
From what I've heard it isn't Kerry and he's not happy with the new ownership and whatever is going on over there.

CapinCripes

Trem Snob
Reaction score
You see kerry king may be tacky as hell but i could stomach that because he knows what the hell BC riches are supposed to be, he was there in the golden years, yeah I would expect things in general to be fairly tacky but I would think he would still have a good handle on what made those golden year guitars so good. Lita ford is another rock-star i would trust with the general brand direction. But seeing that mock up of the "2019" mockingbird has me worried its somebody who has no idea why people like joe perry and rick derringer played them. Watch it be BRJ and Gene Simmons.

Last edited:

Viginez

Reaction score
But seeing that mock up of the "2019" mockingbird has me worried
i wonder why they even had an issue with the shape, people really cared about that?
i assume it's someone who is totally clueless about the brand and it's history and tries to play designer and introduces a headless as a next step. someone with the totally wrong concept.

Mathemagician

Reaction score
i wonder why they even had an issue with the shape, people really cared about that?
i assume it's someone who is totally clueless about the brand and it's history and tries to play designer and introduces a headless as a next step. someone with the totally wrong concept.

Headless Warbeast. “We’ve eliminates any and all possibility of neck dive.”

Carl Kolchak

Last of the famous international playboys
Reaction score
You see kerry king may be tacky as hell but i could stomach that because he knows what the hell BC riches are supposed to be, he was there in the golden years, yeah I would expect things in general to be fairly tacky but I would think he would still have a good handle on what made those golden year guitars so good. Lita ford is another rock-star i would trust with the general brand direction. But seeing that mock up of the "2019" mockingbird has me worried its somebody who has no idea why people like joe perry and rick derringer played them. Watch it be BRJ and Gene Simmons.

Where can this 2019 mock up be seen?

Reaction score
I legit have no clue why everyone just likes whining. The company is trying to do an overhaul and offer some things people might like. BC Rich fans like the reversed pointy headstock so they're adding more of it, trying to up quality, etc, etc.

My gripe is their custom shop is limited which is retarded considering how expensive it is. For that kinda coin they should do whatever the hell you ask for instead of telling you what they just won't do.

I used to really dig BC Rich, but I never got along with the necks and there was always something "almost but not quite" about all the models I've played. The brand just doesn't seem like it's for me but I'm glad they're still attempting to hang around. Every company seems to be chasing the djent crowd with a bunch of dumb guitars with "fad of the month" accessories and 18233 strings with fanned fret/multiscale hipster junk...so it's nice that BC Rich is trying to blend a little of their old school with a new approach without jumping on that bandwagon.

One thing for sure is it certainly beats the never ending supply of tired super strat designs for people with no damn imagination. Gimme a weird shape over that. If nothing else it's nice to look at from a crowd perspective.

CapinCripes

Trem Snob
Reaction score
Just had a horrifying thought, maybe its that guy from five finger death punch that wanted a dean with an ar-15 carry handle monkey grip, that even dean thought was too silly and stopped selling. Yeah hes been playing his bc riches again recently apparently.