Current BC Rich Thread

twguitar

Reaction score
Its not KK either.

They have posted pictures of these 50th anniversary models that are USA made. Imports are coming but the new guys want to bring BCR back properly and aren't rushing it. The days of the crappy $99 pawn shop warlock are hopefully over! Screenshot 2019-02-20 at 10.42.54 copy.jpg Screenshot 2019-02-20 at 10.43.14 copy.jpg Screenshot 2019-02-20 at 10.43.25 copy.jpg Screenshot 2019-02-20 at 10.43.34 copy.jpg Screenshot 2019-02-20 at 10.43.05.png

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

GraemeH

Reaction score
Wild out-there dream speculation; Slash. He played them before his LPs and still rocks his Mockingbird and others. He's come off a huge money re-union tour so he'd have the means, and his best Gibson is a fake anyway so that relationship is only a commercial consideration.

Disclaimer; it won't be, just fantasizing.

cardinal

Buys guitars, sometimes plays them
Reaction score
I can’t imagine that it’s Slash, given that his Gibson deal is probably sweet.

I can’t think of who else it might be other than Kerry King. Maybe he liked what Zakk Wylde has going?

I wish them all the best. Seems like something that would be reasonably self sustaining as long as the right Indo/Chinese factory is used and they don’t go bonkers trying for high volume.

jco5055

Reaction score
Just had a horrifying thought, maybe its that guy from five finger death punch that wanted a dean with an ar-15 carry handle monkey grip, that even dean thought was too silly and stopped selling. Yeah hes been playing his bc riches again recently apparently.

I was gonna say, if it ain't KK he's the only other person I can think that might have the money cuz no way does Trey or any other death metal guys got it.

Mathemagician

Reaction score
I hope it’s an actual “rock star” whose name and likeness can move units, think Dave Grohl Foo fighters/Nirvana level fame.

IMO No one is going to go nuts for “that guy from Five Finger Death Punch”.

...watch it be that guy from five finger death punch. And watch him be a really nice guy. Lol.

spudmunkey

Reaction score
I can’t imagine that it’s Slash, given that his Gibson deal is probably sweet.

I can’t think of who else it might be other than Kerry King. Maybe he liked what Zakk Wylde has going?

That Zakk Wylde thing is a compelling reason WHY Slash might want to do it: ego. Guitarists with much smaller reaches than Slash have their own companies with their own names on them. That could have a big draw to someone who things their name can carry a brand.

twguitar

Reaction score
Joking aside if BCR had a kiesel like set up it would be a dream come true for many

maliciousteve

Contributor
Reaction score
I don't get why it's been so hard to put out what people want.

Classic BC Rich models, built well and without the fucking abalone binding or cheap shitty hardware.

BCRich_Gunslinger.jpg

^ the last decent thing they put out. They were amazing guitars for not a lot of money. Then they messed it up.

cardinal

Buys guitars, sometimes plays them
Reaction score
Joking aside if BCR had a kiesel like set up it would be a dream come true for many

I think the problem has been getting the right “balance.” The shapes are extreme and Jimmy Page didn’t use one, so the big spender baby boomer crowd is put off. People of my gen are starting to get disposable income and nostalgic for 80s stuff, but the market is still going to be more limited than for something like ESP and Jackson/Charvel. Those guys seem to be able to get away with $4k+ for Superstrats.

Can BC Rich find a reliable shop to build their neckthrus in that range? I dunno. The CNC Kiesel model is a good idea, but I assume the model’s success is partly based on volume of orders, and I just kinda doubt BC Rich can count on that volume.

The import range should be easier, I would think. Guys buying import LTDs and Diamond Series would probably cross shop similarly spec’d BC Riches. Just rotate the models ever year to cover the basics (Mockingbird and Warlock probably in the permanent line up, alternate things like the Ironbird, Ignitor, Seagull, etc. every other year or something). I can’t imagine that this couldn’t do well.