Current BC Rich Thread

Andromalia

Pardon my french
Reaction score
People of my gen are starting to get disposable income and nostalgic for 80s stuff, but the market is still going to be more limited than for something like ESP and Jackson/Charvel.
The thing is, the only mainstream artists who played BC Rich played for an audience who doesn't care about guitars (ie, Jennifer Batten with MJ). The rest are people with very little market appeal. The 80es powerhouses were grabbed by other bands.
The only dude I associate 100% with BC Rich is Blackie, and he's so under the radar nobody talked about him taking the company on a metal forum. And most people likely just remember Chris Holmes better because of his swimming pool "vodka" antics anyway.

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

manu80

Reaction score
Releasing what people want ? They’re never happy !!! Lol...look at the solar thread...
I thought about Mustaine
No new deans at namm this year, played bc rich at the beginning and wanted to buy jackson but didn’t happen.....

Spaced Out Ace

Reaction score
*Shrug*....I just want another Draco. Even though I wouldn't play it much..I kinda miss them
Wow, who thought we'd see Drakkar getting nostalgic in his autumn years?! :lol:

Releasing what people want ? They’re never happy !!! Lol...look at the solar thread...
I thought about Mustaine
No new deans at namm this year, played bc rich at the beginning and wanted to buy jackson but didn’t happen.....
I doubt Mustaine owning BC Rich and having to deal with Kerry King would go well.

Spaced Out Ace

Reaction score
And most people likely just remember Chris Holmes better because of his swimming pool "vodka" antics anyway.
You mean his WWF style vodka antics. Piece of shit dude he is.

"By the way, the first half of the bottle of vodka was real, and after that he was filling it up with pool water."

Lita Ford says it ruined his career, and to that, given that it was pretty WWF at best and a blight on Hair Metal, I say good.

I remember how great W.A.S.P. was when Chris got sacked and Bob Kulick stepped in as lead guitarist on The Crimson Idol. Not the first time Bob filled in for an alcoholic drug addict who'd rather get loaded than play on an album.

jonsick

Reaction score
*Shrug*....I just want another Draco. Even though I wouldn't play it much..I kinda miss them

I remember your rig pics! They looked like works of art; I even saved one off as inspiration way back when! It was one with the two marshall cabs, dracos, and a big ass sword. Looked awesome.

Reaction score
I remember your rig pics! They looked like works of art; I even saved one off as inspiration way back when! It was one with the two marshall cabs, dracos, and a big ass sword. Looked awesome.
Ah yes...the good old kvlt edgelord rig. Wish I had kept one of the Dracos. Ah well

jonsick

Reaction score
Ah yes...the good old kvlt edgelord rig. Wish I had kept one of the Dracos. Ah well

I did try to copy bits once. Most notable was the glass jars with the pebbles. Holy feck that was a pain in the dick at the gig! Set up my gear, added some accoutrements like the white LED lights to the cabs to spell out a stage moniker. One side died so only the other was lit up so it spelled out CK instead of SICK. People thought it was an underwear advert.

The little glow bulbs I put into the cheap glass caraffes looked cool with the black stones and the white light shining through evily. Of course I move a lot around the stage. One fell off mid-set and broke leading to glass shards and fecking rocks all over the place, the other survived but I couldn't pick the smegging thing up for a good ten minutes after the set as it was hotter than the jire of a hundred radioactive suns and felt weirdly soft... which it was... and I couldn't get my lamp light back out without breaking it too in the end. And the guy sweeping the stage after me was SO mad!

All in all, looked cool but total failure!

twguitar

Reaction score
I mean the Custom Shop is still active and built a draco or two last year

Reaction score
I mean the Custom Shop is still active and built a draco or two last year
A custom shop Draco would be cute..if I had the money to waste on a guitar I'm not likely to play.

Then again if I could get a V shaped neck on a Draco I'd probably play it more..hmm

jonsick

Reaction score
Have you tried ordering from BC Rich custom shop? I have via several dealers. Some came back stating it couldn't be ordered, others came back stating there was no response, one even went as best endeavours as they could (literally there was 2 weeks of back and forth) until he finally came to the conclusion that he wasn't actually even positive that the custom shop existed. This came from their rep.

I gave up and went ESP. Still waiting, but I'll be happy with it when it shows up.

twguitar

Reaction score
Have you tried ordering from BC Rich custom shop? I have via several dealers. Some came back stating it couldn't be ordered, others came back stating there was no response, one even went as best endeavours as they could (literally there was 2 weeks of back and forth) until he finally came to the conclusion that he wasn't actually even positive that the custom shop existed. This came from their rep.

I gave up and went ESP. Still waiting, but I'll be happy with it when it shows up.

The Custom Shop is direct only now, cutting out dealers has dropped the prices massively. I got a quote for a mockingbird a few years ago for 11k!! Nothing overly special about it they just clearly didn't want to build for customers. Contact Ron through here and he can get back to you with a quote pretty quickly www.facebook.com/OfficialBCRichCustomShop/

Reaction score

The Custom Shop is direct only now, cutting out dealers has dropped the prices massively. I got a quote for a mockingbird a few years ago for 11k!! Nothing overly special about it they just clearly didn't want to build for customers. Contact Ron through here and he can get back to you with a quote pretty quickly www.facebook.com/OfficialBCRichCustomShop/

I tried some time ago and got a whole list of things they wouldn't do...and they tried to force me into a basic model that was practically what you'd find in stores....for like 10k

There was a time they wouldn't do baritones, wouldn't do custom shapes, wouldn't do 7 strings, wouldn't do shape alterations..they wouldn't do pretty much anything that wasn't a standard guitar in a different color and they charged you a fuckton for it.

canuck brian

Bowes Guitars
Contributor
Reaction score
Hope the new guy makes the original gunmetal grey Kerry King Speed V with reversed headstock, the Chuck stealth and an Ignitor.

It's like the 3 guitars i will never have. :(

oppgulp

Reaction score
BC Rich posted a Ironbird on their Instagram, but I don't know how to post a link to Instagram...