Current BC Rich Thread

Viginez

Reaction score
It is indeed, a U.S. custom shop model.
i asked because there was a production warlock with the R logo and maybe others too?
maybe that ironbird could be one of those too? usually full customs have kahlers on, like those you posted.
one can only hope...

MORICE-1__73733-1400x1000.jpg

777timesgod

Officially the unofficial Forum Censor
Reaction score
Who is the builder? I can't find any info on who it is, but I also agree anything over 3k for a "shelf model" will not sell. Period. BCR values are in the tank

Ron Estrada builds them apparently, I do not know if he outsources the bodies. Neal Moser provides for the circuits, according to the official custom shop website that is.

i asked because there was a production warlock with the R logo and maybe others too?
maybe that ironbird could be one of those too? usually full customs have kahlers on, like those you posted.
one can only hope...

Many BC Riches have the R logo, while they are not customs, especially in the last couple of years. Steve Smyth (ex-Nevermore guitarist) had a signature guitar with an R logo as did the golden warlock that they released.

In hindsight, having a single letter logo for your best guitars is not a good idea. I remember not knowing as a kid what guitar Slash used for the "You could be mine" song. I used to say "that red one" but I knew Gibson and Fender, despite not playing guitar back then. Same with my Moser, people keep asking me what brand it is, because it has only an M logo on the headstock. Maybe BC Rich should copy Jackson and have its scripted logo plus "Custom shop" or "Made in the USA" on it, even if this angers the older fanbase.

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

twguitar

Reaction score
Ron Estrada builds them apparently, I do not know if he outsources the bodies. Neal Moser provides for the circuits, according to the official custom shop website that is.

Many BC Riches have the R logo, while they are not customs, especially in the last couple of years. Steve Smyth (ex-Nevermore guitarist) had a signature guitar with an R logo as did the golden warlock that they released.

In hindsight, having a single letter logo for your best guitars is not a good idea. I remember not knowing as a kid what guitar Slash used for the "You could be mine" song. I used to say "that red one" but I knew Gibson and Fender, despite not playing guitar back then. Same with my Moser, people keep asking me what brand it is, because it has only an M logo on the headstock. Maybe BC Rich should copy Jackson and have its scripted logo plus "Custom shop" or "Made in the USA" on it, even if this angers the older fanbase.

Yeah Ron is still the 'Custom Shop' all the work is in house asides from the paint which is done by Dan Lawrence and Neal Moser provides circuits if people want.
These 50th anniversary builds that are being promoted are CNC built but Im not sure if they'll announce who is building them....

zappatton2

Reaction score
I thought that I had read somewhere that BCR was focusing on lowering the cost of custom guitars by cutting out dealers and streamlining the whole thing, guess I read wrong? Really wish I hadn't sold mine, that's a regret I'll carry for a while (including selling a double-neck Moser custom I never even got a chance to see in person). Damn being poor!

twguitar

Reaction score
I thought that I had read somewhere that BCR was focusing on lowering the cost of custom guitars by cutting out dealers and streamlining the whole thing, guess I read wrong? Really wish I hadn't sold mine, that's a regret I'll carry for a while (including selling a double-neck Moser custom I never even got a chance to see in person). Damn being poor!

Yeah that was what happened but it seems these new owners want to go back to dealers.

A friend of mine now has that double neck Moser and it looks insane!

wedge_destroyer

Reaction score
In hindsight, having a single letter logo for your best guitars is not a good idea. .
Maybe BC Rich should copy Jackson and have its scripted logo plus "Custom shop" or "Made in the USA" on it, even if this angers the older fanbase.

Blasphemer!!!!

I jest but if I ever swing for a custom it better have that bigass R on it. :ninja:

zappatton2

Reaction score
some guy posted some pics on another forum

Ironbird-N.jpg

new retro ironbird and it's meeeeeeeaannnnnn
with the R logo, i wonder if this is a custom?
Does anyone know what the four inline switches are? I remember this on a lot of the classic Stealths and often thought they might be on/off switches for each coil (but really, I haven't a clue).

Erik Myers

Reaction score
Does anyone know what the four inline switches are? I remember this on a lot of the classic Stealths and often thought they might be on/off switches for each coil (but really, I haven't a clue).
I believe it’s neck on/off, bridge on/off, bridge coil split, preamp on/off

Erik Myers

Reaction score
Blasphemer!!!!

I jest but if I ever swing for a custom it better have that bigass R on it. :ninja:
If you spring for a custom, you can have any of they’re trademarked logos you want. That’s part of getting it “custom.”.

From what I’ve seen recently, the Custom Shop is very accommodating - and also a fair bit cheaper than most other custom shops. Ron is a hard working guy and builds a good guitar. I think current build time is out around 9 months, which is also good. Everything coming out of the shop is top quality, based on what everyone who has ordered and received their guitars has said.

There is a lot of pressure on Ron from the diehard fans to do what he can to steer things back to the direction of the “golden era” of BC Rich, at least as far as the Custom Shop is concerned. These are the guys who keep him in business, and he seems to be trying to deliver, from what I’ve seen, but he has the new ownership and whatever it is they think they are doing (so far, their only offering seems to be disappointment) to deal with too - and he gets to be the face that everyone who is unhappy about the current state of affairs, recognizes.

Other than that, there is nothing to know. Those who do know what is going on are sworn to secrecy for reasons unknown. The handful of people who are “in the loop” have alluded that the import line will be revived, but I have yet to see anyone who is actually still connected to BCR make a statement to that effect.

Meanwhile, the prices on everything BCR - from Custom Shop to Class Axe junk continue to rise. My advice? Either order what you want from Ron, grab that good deal on a true vintage axe the moment you see one, or wait out the storm.

twguitar

Reaction score
If you spring for a custom, you can have any of they’re trademarked logos you want. That’s part of getting it “custom.”.

From what I’ve seen recently, the Custom Shop is very accommodating - and also a fair bit cheaper than most other custom shops. Ron is a hard working guy and builds a good guitar. I think current build time is out around 9 months, which is also good. Everything coming out of the shop is top quality, based on what everyone who has ordered and received their guitars has said.

There is a lot of pressure on Ron from the diehard fans to do what he can to steer things back to the direction of the “golden era” of BC Rich, at least as far as the Custom Shop is concerned. These are the guys who keep him in business, and he seems to be trying to deliver, from what I’ve seen, but he has the new ownership and whatever it is they think they are doing (so far, their only offering seems to be disappointment) to deal with too - and he gets to be the face that everyone who is unhappy about the current state of affairs, recognizes.

Other than that, there is nothing to know. Those who do know what is going on are sworn to secrecy for reasons unknown. The handful of people who are “in the loop” have alluded that the import line will be revived, but I have yet to see anyone who is actually still connected to BCR make a statement to that effect.

Meanwhile, the prices on everything BCR - from Custom Shop to Class Axe junk continue to rise. My advice? Either order what you want from Ron, grab that good deal on a true vintage axe the moment you see one, or wait out the storm.
The import line is coming, posts have been made showing them in what appears to be WMI Korea but be assured they are coming.

Have to agree Ron is killing it in the CS and it’s great to see people getting their dream BCRs built at sensible prices

wedge_destroyer

Reaction score

Indeed you are correct I could have them inlay the script logo or whatever other crap.

That's not a horrible wait time really given a small shop with a well known brand name.

I hope it turns out well in all regards and would love to see some old school inspired imports.

Well on pricing I sit on my handful of kahlered NJs and dream of a stealth while saving pennies away.

twguitar

Reaction score
Indeed you are correct I could have them inlay the script logo or whatever other crap.

That's not a horrible wait time really given a small shop with a well known brand name.

I hope it turns out well in all regards and would love to see some old school inspired imports.

Well on pricing I sit on my handful of kahlered NJs and dream of a stealth while saving pennies away.

Joking aside I’ve only seen the script logo inlayed once.... and I own it ;)

Attachments

• EE811B88-7FCD-4FAA-A53C-135688AEFC09.jpeg
    EE811B88-7FCD-4FAA-A53C-135688AEFC09.jpeg
    1.3 MB · Views: 26

Rosal76

Reaction score
The handful of people who are “in the loop” have alluded that the import line will be revived, but I have yet to see anyone who is actually still connected to BCR make a statement to that effect.

Cryptic message but still kinda cool news... B.C. Rich announced on their B.C. Rich products Facebook page (7 weeks ago) that they are going to release, "2 new Stealths". Guitars? Bass? Imports? Custom shop models? People were asking questions about it but B.C. Rich never answered. Guess we have to play the waiting game.

Yul Brynner

Change my pitch up! Smack my bitch up!
Reaction score
I'm still waiting for the Jon Schaffer sig Ignitor and Warlock. An Ihsahn Bich and Samoth Ironbird would be awesome too.

777timesgod

Officially the unofficial Forum Censor
Reaction score
These 50th anniversary builds that are being promoted are CNC built but Im not sure if they'll announce who is building them....

Is there a reason for that, why all the secrecy from the company?

I'm still waiting for the Jon Schaffer sig Ignitor and Warlock. An Ihsahn Bich and Samoth Ironbird would be awesome too.

That would be cool but it may be wishful thinking at this stage. Lets just get some imports that are not lemons and see where they go from there. :agreed:

twguitar

Reaction score
Is there a reason for that, why all the secrecy from the company?

I know they're waiting to announce things a;; at once but this keeps getting pushed back, its frustrating but equally glad they're not rushing things. BCR historically haven't always been that open about who's building and it appears we're returning a similar set up as the Hanser days from the photos that have been posted.

Merrekof

Reaction score
Wow, I've been skimming through pages of posts. I didn't realize there was so much hate towards BC Rich. Not that it is uncalled for.
I used to be a huge fan, back when 15 year old me started playing guitar. I loved those shapes, the wave, warlock, mockingbird, beast, bich,..

I did buy an NJ deluxe Warbeast when they were released and I bought a second hand NJ beast bass. They were/are both pretty decent guitars IMO. I sold the beast because I started playing 5-string bass.
Got over the BC Rich fandom now bc I'm 30 years old so I'd rather play a more conventional shaped guitar these days. :D

About the Chinese factories. Does anyone know about the Dingwall NG and Combustion line? Instruments that are built in China and set up in the Canadian custom shop. These are awesome instruments. You can buy a Dingwall bass for under 2k instead of 3k+$.
This works well for Dingwall. I don't know how this will work out for BCRich because they don't really have a reputation of delivering quality made instruments ofcourse.

Cynicanal

Reaction score
Got over the BC Rich fandom now bc I'm 30 years old so I'd rather play a more conventional shaped guitar these days.
Bah, I'm 32 (almost 33) and I still like pointy guitars. I'm only just over a year removed from the purchase of my Beast!

You don't stop liking cool things because you get old; you get old because you stop liking cool things.