So it looks like I/Periphery are going to sign with Ibanez! Need to spec the LACS7!!

• Thread starter bulb
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Reaction score
where did you hear that? the guy helped design the blackouts, and there are plenty of vids and pics of him playing 8 strings with blackouts.

A few people on here that know him personally said that he said the 8 string version of the Blackouts were too harsh sounding and not working for the sound he wanted, so he is sticking with the emg 808s for his 8 strings. He also said he's using the 808s in a recent interview he did. He's using the Blackouts for his 7 string stuff though.

alvaro

... dat chugga
Reaction score
Really does exist Stainless Steel Dunlop 6000 fretwire?

the most wide SS fretwire i can find is 6100 (.112" x .055")

BTW: congratulations Bulb, i always enjoyed a lot your music!

Default_M

Reaction score
I don't think Dunlop make a 6000 SS fretwire, but I've bought some with the same dimensions as Dunlop 6000 from Jescar.

It's not been fitted to my guitar yet as I'm still waiting on a few more pieces of hardware for it, but I asked for 6000 sized and I was told it was ok and they sent it so I assume it actually is that size.

Dusty201087

Kenyon class of 2014
Reaction score
Holy shit bulb, that is awesome. I can't wait to see that production model!!! :hbang:

Reaction score
Really does exist Stainless Steel Dunlop 6000 fretwire?

the most wide SS fretwire i can find is 6100 (.112" x .055")

BTW: congratulations Bulb, i always enjoyed a lot your music!

I don't think there they do exist. I've never seen them. I don't think they make the 6000 size in stainless steel.

slapnutz

Reaction score
Wow great stuff Misha! This is just awesome news.

Also agree keeping the Ibby Headstock non-reversed and getting neck binding for asthetics IMO. Cosmo black ftw.

Lastly, has Ibanez ever offered a custom deal like this to another artist before their first full lenght album release? Great stuff!

Sepultorture

Murder Machine
Reaction score
Holy shit dude, you guys (periphery) are coming to oshawa?

SWEET, can't wait to chat you up about gear and your tunes man \m/

bring the effin blackmachine, i wants to touch it, giggidy

bulb

Reaction score
So a few updates here for you guys.
I have decided to just go with Alder body and quilt maple top. ibanez say it should sound great and it wont be too bright.
im going to see if they can do a cocobolo veneer for the back of the guitar which would be nice, and see if they will do a ziricote or cocobolo fretboard, if they wont then ill just go with a flame maple board.

as far as the bridge goes, im going to be forced to get a regular trem and have them block it, they said they built two bridges for dino and those are the only two out there so ill be forced to get either an edge pro or edge zero, im leaning towards the pro but im open to suggestions, what do you guys think would be better given that im just trying to block it anyway?

Default_M

Reaction score
If you're just going to block it then personally I'd prefer whichever one has the lowest profile so that you know it's not going to be getting in the way.

bulb

Reaction score
I don't think Dunlop make a 6000 SS fretwire, but I've bought some with the same dimensions as Dunlop 6000 from Jescar.

It's not been fitted to my guitar yet as I'm still waiting on a few more pieces of hardware for it, but I asked for 6000 sized and I was told it was ok and they sent it so I assume it actually is that size.

Honestly i like big frets so much, ill just get regular 6000 frets if necessary.

Default_M

Reaction score
Honestly i like big frets so much, ill just get regular 6000 frets if necessary.

I'm the same. I got a refret with regular Dunlop 6000 fretwire on one of my guitars and I loved it, but I don't like the thought that it's eventually going to wear down and I'll have to pay another £150, so I spent a while looking for a SS alternative and found this.

JESCAR: New Dimensions in Fret Wire

I didn't actually order from that site, I got it from a luthier who buys in bulk, but I asked him for 6000 sized and he sent me it without any comment, so I assume that even if it isn't the exact same dimension as Dunlop's then it's still going to be pretty huge (I couldn't tell from just looking at it on the reel though).

I'm not sure if Ibanez have some kind of deal that prevents them ordering from companies other than Dunlop, but the site is there and you could always email them to ask about 6000 sized.

')