So it looks like I/Periphery are going to sign with Ibanez! Need to spec the LACS7!!

• Thread starter bulb
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

SnowfaLL

Reaction score
gotta give you major props on the white to blueburst thing. Thats the kinda finishes im loving right now, hoping to get one or two Amber to bluebursts, one on a carvin (option 50 will allow it)

noob_pwn

Reaction score
From experience, the Edge Pro will be a much better trem once blocked, it has more mass, is built more solidly, has a bigger sustain block, you don't need to cut off your ball ends and its lower profile than the edge zero. I've blocked both types for the other guitarist in my band and its a hands down winner. By the way, Massive props + congrats to you bro!

oh yeah btw dude i would take that new 7 string JC over the RGD in question any day, it will knock your socks off. They might not do it because its supposed to be japan only though.

MF_Kitten

Set up us the bomb
Reaction score
imho i also wuld go with the edge pro, Bulb.

guise, he´s going for the fixed bridge version of the edge III, not the tremolo version. the lo pro or edge pro or whatever is a tremolo. so unless you mean having them mod one to make it a fixed one, like the meshuggah original customs or something, then i don´t think it´ll be the same.

lobee

vicioustabbing
Reaction score
guise, he´s going for the fixed bridge version of the edge III, not the tremolo version. the lo pro or edge pro or whatever is a tremolo. so unless you mean having them mod one to make it a fixed one, like the meshuggah original customs or something, then i don´t think it´ll be the same.
as far as the bridge goes, im going to be forced to get a regular trem and have them block it, they said they built two bridges for dino and those are the only two out there so ill be forced to get either an edge pro or edge zero, im leaning towards the pro but im open to suggestions, what do you guys think would be better given that im just trying to block it anyway?

Also, I wonder if it would be possible for them to just route out a channel for the sustain block to drop into on the front of the guitar(along with the normal routing of the bridge on the face of the guitar). If done right that would automatically block the trem and you wouldn't have to route out the trem claw/spring cavity. Does that make sense to anyone else?

MF_Kitten

Set up us the bomb
Reaction score
Also, I wonder if it would be possible for them to just route out a channel for the sustain block to drop into on the front of the guitar(along with the normal routing of the bridge on the face of the guitar). If done right that would automatically block the trem and you wouldn't have to route out the trem claw/spring cavity. Does that make sense to anyone else?

i missed that part. whoopsie!

also, i´ve had the same idea for a long time, and have mentioned it before in discussions about bridges. i think it would be a fantastic idea. lots of steel, and lots of contact surface! :D

it shouldn´t be too hard to do. the only "issue" would be making the route vertical so it doesn´t tilt backwards or forwards. should be simple though :lol:

bulb

Reaction score
So a further update, it seems the only exotic wood they have/would use on a fretboard is pau ferro so now i dont know whether to get a flame maple fretboard or a pau ferro one.
also im going to go with pau ferro for the thin veneer for the back of the guitar if they will do it!

thats genius! ill ask them and see if they would do that!

Xaios

Foolish Mortal
Contributor
Reaction score
Hmm, would they be able to do a ziricote board if you acquired the wood yourself?

bulb

Reaction score
im sure they would, but im not trying to spend any money on this atm haha

Cheesebuiscut

Loves his Q-tuners
Reaction score
Someone on this forum had an rg body made and just had the maker only route screw holes for the trem so instead of it mounting onto a sustain block the mounting screws went directly into the body from the base plate.

Hmmm, I'm quite partial to the looks of birds eye maple fretboards over flamed if they do that or if you like birds eye. Suhrs description of pau ferro and maple is making either a hard choice though. Both sound good.

yacker

Reaction score
Sounds pretty generic as far as fingerboard options. I mean, I understand not wanting to spend money cause it's an endorsement and all, but if ziricote is what you want it would probably be like $15 shipped. Fingerboards are cheap. I don't think ziricote is in stock at LMI but a quick google search brought up this site:

RC Tonewoods & Sons - Fingerboards

10.99 for ziricote

cataclysm_child

SS.org UnRegular
Reaction score
Many years ago I told a friend of mine that teh bulb was going to be huuuge, and he was all like "yeah right, it's just another meshuggah rip-offer, he'll soon be forgotten"
I just loved to tell him you guys got signed, and now I'll tell him you got endorsed, and hopefully soon when you have released the album and become really huge I can tell him "I TOLD YOU! HAHA! IN YOUR FACE!" Can't wait for that. Would be priceless.
What can I say, I'm a simple man.

Anyway, congratz!

bulb

Reaction score
Sounds pretty generic as far as fingerboard options. I mean, I understand not wanting to spend money cause it's an endorsement and all, but if ziricote is what you want it would probably be like $15 shipped. Fingerboards are cheap. I don't think ziricote is in stock at LMI but a quick google search brought up this site:

RC Tonewoods & Sons - Fingerboards

10.99 for ziricote
Honestly dude, in the end i think im going to go for a flame maple fretboard and a birdseye neck as i think it would look best with the body finish, and ill just have a pau ferro veneer on the back of the alder body!

glassmoon0fo

Some Say...
Reaction score
Honestly dude, in the end i think im going to go for a flame maple fretboard and a birdseye neck as i think it would look best with the body finish, and ill just have a pau ferro veneer on the back of the alder body!

Exactly what i was thinking, blue burst and maple are sexy as Shakira's accent. i didnt read through the entire thread, but is this a production model or a one-off for you? cuz i want it :yesway:

yacker

Reaction score

I personally prefer maple as well. :lol: I just figured sometimes it's better to throw down a little cash if it makes the difference between something being what you really want or something being what you kinda want, especially when that item will be around for a while. So I wasn't sure if you were aware how relatively cheap ziricote boards are.

I am a bit curious though, have you talked to them about a flamed maple board? I've been told by other builders that flame maple is inherently soft and not typically suitable for a fingerboard. I imagine there are different species of the wood that exhibit flame though possibly, so maybe different ones are harder then others.

')