So it looks like I/Periphery are going to sign with Ibanez! Need to spec the LACS7!!

• Thread starter bulb
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Customisbetter

WhiskeyTangoFoxtrot
Contributor
Reaction score
That has never happened on my Jem... I have 10 gauge light top heavy bottoms in it.

Regardless of whether or not the ball is in there the string should still be snug enough in the saddle after you tighten it down that it is not going anywhere :spock: When I take the strings out I loosen the saddle lock thingy back enough that I know the ball end will fit up through and pull it out.

Sorry I do not quite understand what you mean :lol:

the String sets in the saddle fine and the lock holds great. the problem is when you actually insert the ball end of the string down there. every time i did (i had the bridge totally out of the guitar when i did this so i could see first hand) the ball end would pop out of the red plastic channel it is supposed to rest in. you can leave it like that and lock it down, everything will work great, until you try to remove the string. i is a bitch to get it out of the saddle when its sticking through the side of that plastic channel.

Here is a picture of my old Edge Pro... i photoshopped what the string usually looks like in green and red.

1245376871-1.jpg

Xaios

Foolish Mortal
Contributor
Reaction score
I found with those string channels that practice made perfect. I had difficulty with it at first, but you have just have to develop a steady hand and a bit of a technique and it becomes easy.

splinter8451

Reaction score
the String sets in the saddle fine and the lock holds great. the problem is when you actually insert the ball end of the string down there. every time i did (i had the bridge totally out of the guitar when i did this so i could see first hand) the ball end would pop out of the red plastic channel it is supposed to rest in. you can leave it like that and lock it down, everything will work great, until you try to remove the string. i is a bitch to get it out of the saddle when its sticking through the side of that plastic channel.

Here is a picture of my old Edge Pro... i photoshopped what the string usually looks like in green and red.

Weird :scratch: I have never had that problem. I just push the strings in and look through the lion's claw route on the jem to make sure it is in the channel.

RedXIII

Reaction score
I don't know if you already ordered the custom yet Bulb, but does it seems like the Dimarzio Evolution 7 might be a better choice than the Blaze Custom for the bridge? From what I understand the Blaze Custom is supposed to be fatter/rounder sounding. The Evolution is supposed to be very tight and brighter.

From Dimarzio: "The output of the Evolution® 7 is concentrated towards the upper mids and treble, so there’s a lot of cutting power, and the low end stays hot and clear."

It seems like this might be closer to the Painkillers you are using in your other guitars - as I understand those are brighter and have lots of high mids with not a ton of muddy lows? The Evolution in an alder/maple guitar seems like it would be super djenty... or maybe just overkill.

By the way, Bulb you guys killed it at the South Bend show with AAL. Too bad the sound guy was a douche and didn't even mic the guitars, but your tone still sounded amazing and cut through good anyways!

furrevig

Reaction score
pau ferro would be sick.
ive seen some awsome suhr guitars with that.

MF_Kitten

Set up us the bomb
Reaction score
i would suggest the evo 7 too, but seeing as bulb has tried the blaze custom and knows he loves it, i wouldn´t meddle in it. the stuff he´s recorded with it sounds fucking cash!

dantel666

Reaction score
This so made my day

you guys are so deserving of this endorsement.

looking forward to the NGD thread.

Maple Fretboards ftw

Ibanez needs to make more guitars with maple fretboards

anyways congrats
:hbang: :shred:

hide

Psyche scarring
Reaction score
here is what i mean . this is the low B with my allen wrench hitting the top of the thumbscrew. VERY annoying.

1266983196.jpg

If im blatently failing at something, some one please tell me. :lol:

EDIT

lol at reflection of girl standing in front of souped up 911 Turbo.

Terribly annoying. The allen wrench that Ibanez provides in the "goodies pocket", has the tip rounded off, so that you can just insert the tip and screw at whatever angle. After I lost it, I had to cut off the end of all my wrenches..:wallbash:

Meh

Reaction score
in the end i decided to go with the edge zero bridge!

scratch that, they told me an edge pro would be easier and more appropriate to block haha!

If your gonna block the trem why not just use a stop tail piece?

slapnutz

Reaction score
If your gonna block the trem why not just use a stop tail piece?

I believe he mention in the earlier posts that he wanted a double locking setup due to his raping the fuck out the of strings to achieve awesome djentiness which would always go out of tune on his non-locking guitars.

(thats a compliment btw)

CrushingAnvil

Ironically enough, now in Jesus Land
Reaction score
Sorry dudes, I mean, I know this is totally off-topic but I just saw two of the randomest usernames ever.

And I'm from the same country as slapnutz...embarassing as hell :lol:

splinter8451

Reaction score
AHhhhhhh I thought this thread was bumped because Misha had some badass pictures to share with us :scream: What a let down :noplease:

:lol:

')