So it looks like I/Periphery are going to sign with Ibanez! Need to spec the LACS7!!

• Thread starter bulb
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

ShreddyESP

Limit Zero
Reaction score
Congrats bulb! You guys definitely deserve it. In a couple of years you might have a signature model i could buy :D

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

ShreddyESP

Limit Zero
Reaction score
I bought myself one of those. I couldn't djent the balls as good as you, so i had to sell it :(

mat091285

Reaction score
Bulb just to aid ur questioning from the LACS team :lol: ... 100% fixed edge bridge 7 lo pro for one of Dino's old custom!!

~7~String_Guitars~Ibanez_Dino_Cazares_LACS_Cazares_7~Ibanez_Dino_Cazares_LA_Custom_Cazares_7_9.jpg

~7~String_Guitars~Ibanez_Dino_Cazares_LACS_Cazares_7~Ibanez_Dino_Cazares_LA_Custom_Cazares_7_8.jpg

~7~String_Guitars~Ibanez_Dino_Cazares_LACS_Cazares_7~Ibanez_Dino_Cazares_LA_Custom_Cazares_7_6.jpg

~7~String_Guitars~Ibanez_Dino_Cazares_LACS_Cazares_7~Ibanez_Dino_Cazares_LA_Custom_Cazares_7_4.jpg

~7~String_Guitars~Ibanez_Dino_Cazares_LACS_Cazares_7~Ibanez_Dino_Cazares_LA_Custom_Cazares_7_5.jpg

~7~String_Guitars~Ibanez_Dino_Cazares_LACS_Cazares_7~Ibanez_Dino_Cazares_LA_Custom_Cazares_7_3.jpg

~7~String_Guitars~Ibanez_Dino_Cazares_LACS_Cazares_7~Ibanez_Dino_Cazares_LA_Custom_Cazares_7_1.jpg

Photo pulled from here ...7-String Guitars and Beyond : Ibanez Dino Cazares LACS Cazares 7 ... needs registration to view photos.

bulb

Reaction score
oh thank god!!! thats EXACTLY what i was looking for! thats great news, ill forward pics of that when ordering!
thanks so much man!!

Louis Cypher

Reaction score
Congratualtions man!! no wonder your so stoked!! Can't wait to see the pics of the custom when you get delivery

JaeSwift

Of Blood and Sawdust
Reaction score
Dont go for an alder/mahogany sandwich. I wanted to do the same for my custom a while back abd every luthier I spoke to advised against it as creating conflicts in tonewoods will just not yield as good a tonal result as a full tonewood body would. A thick cap is ok but 50/50 is too much

Janiator

Reaction score
The people at Ibanez are really smart, Periphery will probably grow a lot in the comming years, and if they don't then Ibby won't take any big hits. It's pretty much a win/win for them.
And congrats on the deal.

MF_Kitten

Set up us the bomb
Reaction score
i would advise against the mahogany sandwich too. if you glue a bunch of wood together, it still resonates as one piece. go all alder, without a doubt. i had an all-alder baritone, and it was clarity city, my friend. if you´re worried about the maple cap making it too bright, then just get a thin maple cap. alder is much more resonant than maple, so i´d say get as much of the alder as possible, and just use the maple as a decoration rather than a tone-altering device. it won´t improve the alder at all.

i would say ash, myself, because it´s a very bright-yet-balanced kinda wood, and has a nice high end presence. you say you´ve compared one alder and one ash guitar, but that doesn´t really work. brightness/bassyness isn´t as much up to the wood as it is up to the construction of the guitars. i´m guessing the Vigier is more tightly built than the ash carvin.

but anyways, for straight-out djentyness, alder is great. it has a midsy resonance with not as much low end. ash is more balanced, and has more highs and deeper lows (that is, if the guitar is built perfectly to begin with).

about the bridge: they went as far as to cut apart two tremolos and meld them together to make the original fixed 8 string bridges for meshuggah :lol:

fretboard wood is totally up to you, but i would rather go for a normal maple fretboard rather than a figured one, unless it´s birdseye maple. flamed maple fretboards and such has a tendency to look messy, because there´s too much going on. the inlay might get lost in there!

you could go for a bloodwood fretboard, to make a really interesting combination of colours with the body finish :D

lastly, congratulations on getting an endorsement, that´s really awesome! you´ll be getting lots of neat toys! :D

make sure you get first dibs on one of those meshuggah limited run 8 strings when they come out! :D

p.s. are you getting a LACS 8 string at some point? shit would be so cash!

and btw, ask the LACS guys if they would be able to make a fanned fret guitar. just out of curiosity.

JaeSwift

Of Blood and Sawdust
Reaction score
Ah in my post I forgot to congratulate you guys, so yea: Grats!!!

Also, the pickup choice will influence wether the Alder wood goes very trebly or not as well. I think a dimarzio d sonic would sound djent-licious in it without becoming shrill or trebly...on paper that is :p im sure they'll let you test the guitar with different pups in it anyway :)

')