So it looks like I/Periphery are going to sign with Ibanez! Need to spec the LACS7!!

• Thread starter bulb
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

TMM

UUDDLRLRBAStart
Reaction score
Congratulations! I was wondering when you were going to get some endorsement deals, and was kind of surprised it hadn't already happened. Definitely well-deserved.

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

splinter8451

Reaction score
This is gonna be an awesome guitar man! :yesway:

You know the RGD's are 26.5 inch scales though right? I wasn't sure if you would want a different scale length between your main live 6 and 7 so I figured I would mention it.

Congrats!

HamBungler

Lord Zorgatron
Reaction score
I'd say get a Xiphos body shape so you could have an X-LACS :lol:

But that sounds overall like a very sexy guitar on paper, keep us posted on its progress mang! :yesway:

MF_Kitten

Set up us the bomb
Reaction score
have you ever tried the S body shape?

just came back to ask the same thing :lol:

seeing as you have those nice and skinny blackmachine beauties, you might like the S series... maybe you could ask them to do an RGA with S series thickness? or generally a thinner body?

bulb

Reaction score
wow! so many responses, ill try to address them all!

burial: the schaller hannes although being the best sounding and most ergonomic fixed bridge i have ever played does not come in a 7 string variant (they told me it would be a few years before it would be available) and doesnt have fine tuners (which i would need because of the locking nut)

jymellis: i have tried the S body shape and i think its cool, but im waaaay more into the RGA/RGD body styles, those two guitars are one of the big reason im going to sign with ibanez, i just love them!!

splinter: yeah i know, but they said that making it a 25.5 scale wont be a big deal for them and wont warrant "custom work", im not really a fan of extended scales because of the feel of bends and the tone on the higher strings (which is why i stuck with 25.5 for this guitar) but if the rgd ends up being 26.5 it wont be the end of the world either!

Also thats interesting about you guys saying not to go with the mahogany sandwich, i guess ill go with alder, maybe ill ask the LACS guys what they think given your concerns, i just feel like it would look awesome too haha, tis a shame, maybe ill do a thin veneer of walnut or something for the back

jaeswift: unfortunately the d-sonic happens to be one of my least liked pickups ever haha, i really dont like it at all, i think the blaze custom will fit this guitar great, and is more mid focused and rolled off on the top end, if its too bright i can get different dimarzios, or just get a bkp hehe!

Reaction score
Mazal Tov! :D

The locking tuners would allow for quick string changes too which would be nice.
Im going to see if they can do a mahogany sandwich for the body, if not ill probably go all alder, since i have found alder to be a very djenty wood, i just worry that it may be a bit too bright with the thick maple cap.

If you want quick, go with Sperzels. Their lower 12:1 gear ratio makes tuning up quicker than other locking tuners. Plus they're lighter and come in all sorts of custom colors. :yesway: (FWIW, I find 12:1 plenty precise. But you'll have fine tuners on the bridge anyway, so that's not even an issue.)

As for the maple cap, ask if they can give you a "bent top" on the RGA so it's not thick in the middle. Otherwise, I'd go with the classic RG contour and a 1/8" bent top--more comfy anyway. :2c:

Mwoit

Reaction score
Congratulations man!

What are the other guys of Periphery going for their own customs? :)

bulb

Reaction score
Mazal Tov! :D

If you want quick, go with Sperzels. Their lower 12:1 gear ratio makes tuning up quicker than other locking tuners. Plus they're lighter and come in all sorts of custom colors. :yesway: (FWIW, I find 12:1 plenty precise. But you'll have fine tuners on the bridge anyway, so that's not even an issue.)

As for the maple cap, ask if they can give you a "bent top" on the RGA so it's not thick in the middle. Otherwise, I'd go with the classic RG contour and a 1/8" bent top--more comfy anyway. :2c:

i have sperzels and schallers (all locking) on my guitars and i have to say i prefer the schallers, but the sperzels are just fine also.

the rga is already an arched top by nature, is your bent top something else? im intrigued! whats the difference exactly?

')