So it looks like I/Periphery are going to sign with Ibanez! Need to spec the LACS7!!

• Thread starter bulb
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

durangokid

derka derka!!
Reaction score
hmm that's good to hear!
the specs sounds nice,also, the headstock will be in the same finish on the body?

also,when you're coming to brazil??

see ya
Lucas

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

kmanick

Contributor
Reaction score
Congrats Misha! that's awesome news.:hbang:
I'm a bit surprised that Carvin didn't approach you for an endorsement, since you already play them :scratch:
I think they seriously dropped the ball there.
I don't think I've erver seen a pic or vid of you playing
an Ibanez 7 before:scratch:

bulb

Reaction score
Carvin was my second choice only because Ibanez was offering the LACS, i wouldnt be able to get a fixed edge bridge on those, and also just look at the RGA...ugh so good, owns my face hard life.

Customisbetter

WhiskeyTangoFoxtrot
Contributor
Reaction score
oh and im definitely getting a regular headstock, i feel like reverse ibanez headstocks look weird, but thats just me, sorry to disappoint!

and i happen to prefer the look of the regular ibby headstock!

I great man has spoken :agreed:

Also, An MTM 7 is prett much the greatest thing i have ever seen/heard of. I must hunt one of those bridges down sometime.

BenEllerGuitars

Reaction score
Dude Bulb, if you're going Dimarzio, go with the D Sonic. that thing would suit your sound perfect. congrats, btw!

Reaction score
Bent top means they bend a thin piece of maple over it. Much like a veneer, except you're getting some real tone out of it, and probably better depth in the finish. With arch tops though, they typically make the body flat, then slap a thick piece of maple on top, and contour the edges. Hope I'm explaining it well enough. If I am, then you can probably appreciate why it'd be much easier to do a bent top on an RG than on an RGA.

bulb

Reaction score
yeah, i mean i cant be the only person in the world who thinks that a fixed bridge with fine tuners and a locking nut would be the ultimate way to keep a fixed bridge guitar in tune...right....???
...or maybe i am...all alone....lone..lone...

matttttYCE

Reaction score
yeah, i mean i cant be the only person in the world who thinks that a fixed bridge with fine tuners and a locking nut would be the ultimate way to keep a fixed bridge guitar in tune...right....???

I think it totally would be! Sounds like a great idea

bulb

Reaction score
Bent top means they bend a thin piece of maple over it. Much like a veneer, except you're getting some real tone out of it, and probably better depth in the finish. With arch tops though, they typically make the body flat, then slap a thick piece of maple on top, and contour the edges. Hope I'm explaining it well enough. If I am, then you can probably appreciate why it'd be much easier to do a bent top on an RG than on an RGA.

i see what you are saying, but i think ill stick with an rga

guitar4tw

Reaction score
Believe me, you're not alone.

Have you thought about going for a guitar with walnut as the main tone wood? I feel walnut isn't used enough, and I don't understand why. Not only does it look completely awesome, but it sounds superb. I feel like it combines the best from maple and mahogany in one wood. It's very vibrant and cutting, but has this nice warm bite to it that maple doesn't have. It would be perfect for "djent", I believe. A great number of bass guitars is made of walnut for this exact reason... Nothing cuts like walnut.

I just got a Carvin with a walnut neckthrough (which means most of of the tone is from the walnut), and it cuts through the mix extremely well, and the resonance makes you feel the notes being played into your spine. Here it is: http://www.sevenstring.org/forum/se...carvin-dc727-56-dont-even-think-about-it.html

It's food for thought, at least. :)

BigBaldIan

Bald and gribbly.
Reaction score
First of all congratulations, seems like a lot of people who genuinely deserve deals are getting them at the moment! Secondly I concur with the above post with regard to walnut.

Fred the Shred

Shrederick
Reaction score
With all honesty, if I got an endorsement deal I like, I'd be tremendously surprised Bulb and the rest of the guys in Periphery weren't also getting a sweet deal, considering their ever-growing (and deservingly so) exposure to the guitar public. :)

MF_Kitten

Set up us the bomb
Reaction score
the LACS guys would hate me if i got an endorsement some day... i would be a total pest to deal with :lol:

Splinterhead

Sojourner
Contributor
Reaction score
Congrats! Awesome news for a well deserving artist!:hbang:

')