So it looks like I/Periphery are going to sign with Ibanez! Need to spec the LACS7!!

• Thread starter bulb
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

screamindaemon

Overlord of Music
Reaction score
Congrats. What's that? tier 2, or 1 for Ibanez endorsees?

eitherway, I'd love to see a 5A anything on top. the best i've seen so far is a 4A. Can't wait for pics.

splinter8451

Reaction score
splinter: yeah i know, but they said that making it a 25.5 scale wont be a big deal for them and wont warrant "custom work", im not really a fan of extended scales because of the feel of bends and the tone on the higher strings (which is why i stuck with 25.5 for this guitar) but if the rgd ends up being 26.5 it wont be the end of the world either!

:yesway: Good stuff. Hopefully they can hook you up with a 25.5.

That is definitely my favorite color for the RGD's, wish they made a 7 with it!

MF_Kitten

Set up us the bomb
Reaction score
the reason i´d be a total pest is because i´d be asking them things like "okay, so the locking nut and the bridge... any chance you could have them made out of stainless steel instead?"

and "check it out: RG shape, S series thickness! dear god, please!"

yacker

Reaction score
I don't don't mean to be the least bit demeaning to the prior statements of anybody, but I'd honestly take most advice on tone wood with a grain of salt. Hearing things like "Don't use X wood with X top" or "don't sandwich this wood, with this wood" on a forum just isn't very helpful.

While each type of wood used in guitar building typically has a certain generalization attached to it, the truth is that even the exact same species of wood can sound totally different based on where it was grown, the climate conditions there, the density, etc.

Let me give an example that's Ibanez relevant. I read an article written by one of the original founders of the American Ibanez custom shop (back when it was on the east coast) who was involved in the design of Steve Vai's first Ibanez custom. When they started making prototypes for Steve they made each with a different body wood: mahogany, basswood, alder, etc. It turned out that Steve ended up liking American Basswood the best......but it had to be American Basswood, not Asian basswood, because the difference in climate between the two regions makes american basswood much less dense, and as a result more open sounding. At least that's the way the article described it.

What I'm getting at is that I would be asking the builders what woods they recommend for your sound based on their own personal experiences with the types of wood they use. The actual builders are much more likely to know the qualities of the wood sitting in their shop then somebody on a forum who has experience with alder or mahogany in an Asian Esp or agile guitar or something.

This obviously isn't your first rodeo when it comes to ordering custom guitars, so maybe this all goes without saying, though.

Prsdiezel

Reaction score
Congrats on the Ibanez deal!

don't know if this has been posted before 13pages:

The UV7BK neck contour would be the shit!

I know they don't make them anymore but it smokes every Ibanez UV or Prestige 7 neck I've played.

Oh yeah did you ever get a VH4?

peace Brian

mrhankey87

Banned
Reaction score
btw, has the blackmachine swamp ash back + flamed koa top or has it another wood for the back? and what about the neck?

Jogeta

Reaction score
really looking forward to seeing pics of your future LACS!

what the other lads are getting (including Tom)?

Reaction score
Congrats, dude. The only bit of info in the specs I was surprised to see was that you're going with Dunlop 6000 size frets. What guitar(s) did you play that made you want to go with those?

I love them... they definitely seem to make tapping easier. Perfect for somebody who prefers playing with a light fretting hand... I first tried them on that Rusty Cooley sig guitar... now I want them on everything. I've been wanting to have someone refret my RG2228 with them... that guitar already plays really well, but the huge frets would make it even better... just gotta find somebody to do it for me...

And the feedback problem with the EMG808s is pretty annoying... I like EMGs, but the 808s feedback more so than any of their other pickups for some reason. Have you heard anything from the After The Burial guys about the Blackouts? apparently they swapped the 808s out for Blackouts.

Haunted

Dedicated Headbanger
Reaction score
EMG's just feedback so much more man, it was a nightmare at rehersals and live shows, I had them feeding back between the notes! I had them in 3 different guitars and they all had the same problem

and BULB.....congratulations man!! and oh..make that damn album already!!

')