So it looks like I/Periphery are going to sign with Ibanez! Need to spec the LACS7!!

• Thread starter bulb
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

DIOBOLIC5150

Reaction score
Misha! This is awesome news! I can't wait to see what LACS pumps out for you. VERY well deserved and grats! I'm excited for you!

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Enselmis

Reaction score
Doooooooooope!

I think the bulbwings inlay is going to be extreme win... I can feel it.

I concur with the fixed bridge with fine tuners idea, somebody should do that already.

zimbloth

Nick // Axe Palace
Vendor
Forum MVP
Reaction score
Congrats Bulber, this is exciting news. As for my thoughts on woods...

Have you considered them having you a neck-thru? I find mape neck-thru + mahogany wings is very 'djenty' yet has just enough balls to keep it from sounding thin. Noticeably better than with alder wings in an otherwise identical guitar. Maple would be the dominant wood but with some warmth/complexity thrown in. As long as you have the right pickup in there you should be gold.

I personally think you will regret alder/maple/maple/maple top + ceramic pickups. I'd have something in there a little more ballsy; you won't lose the tightness or attack. I actually think a walnut body would be cool too. Whenever I compare the walnut Caparisons I get in my store to the mahogany ones, I always prefer it. It has the low-end punch of mahogany but tighter with more upper-mid snarl and bite. The best sounding Caparison ever is the Horus HGS w/ walnut body and maple board in my opinion. That's what I'd go with if they won't do a neck-thru.

Metalus

JP BFR Whore
Reaction score
the LACS guys would hate me if i got an endorsement some day... i would be a total pest to deal with :lol:

Same here :lol:

Congrats, dude. The only bit of info in the specs I was surprised to see was that you're going with Dunlop 6000 size frets. What guitar(s) did you play that made you want to go with those?

I love them... they definitely seem to make tapping easier. Perfect for somebody who prefers playing with a light fretting hand... I first tried them on that Rusty Cooley sig guitar... now I want them on everything. I've been wanting to have someone refret my RG2228 with them... that guitar already plays really well, but the huge frets would make it even better... just gotta find somebody to do it for me...

And the feedback problem with the EMG808s is pretty annoying... I like EMGs, but the 808s feedback more so than any of their other pickups for some reason. Have you heard anything from the After The Burial guys about the Blackouts? apparently they swapped the 808s out for Blackouts.

I wanna try those out too. I hear thats one of the main reasons to get the Rusty Cooley sig.

Are Blackouts really that much quieter than EMG's?

the reason i´d be a total pest is because i´d be asking them things like "okay, so the locking nut and the bridge... any chance you could have them made out of stainless steel instead?"

and "check it out: RG shape, S series thickness! dear god, please!"

RG shape + S Series thickness= OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG :D:D:D:D:D

bulb

Reaction score
Congrats Bulber, this is exciting news. As for my thoughts on woods...

Have you considered them having you a neck-thru? I find mape neck-thru + mahogany wings is very 'djenty' yet has just enough balls to keep it from sounding thin. Noticeably better than with alder wings in an otherwise identical guitar. Maple would be the dominant wood but with some warmth/complexity thrown in. As long as you have the right pickup in there you should be gold.

I personally think you will regret alder/maple/maple/maple top + ceramic pickups. I'd have something in there a little more ballsy; you won't lose the tightness or attack. I actually think a walnut body would be cool too. Whenever I compare the walnut Caparisons I get in my store to the mahogany ones, I always prefer it. It has the low-end punch of mahogany but tighter with more upper-mid snarl and bite. The best sounding Caparison ever is the Horus HGS w/ walnut body and maple board in my opinion. That's what I'd go with if they won't do a neck-thru.

Hey dude, im sold on Bolt On necks after talking to Doug about why they make more sense, so im definitely going to go bolt on. Its funny im getting all these suggestions that seem to contradict one another so its difficult to know whats best and ill probably just ask LACS what they think when i send in the order specs. However i dont have a walnut guitar nor have i tried one, so i just cant go with it for my custom, id like to stick with what i know since this will be my live guitar. Also my vigier is pretty much that combo of woods, and i LOVE the way that guitar sounds, sure its not quite as ballsy, but then again it doesnt NEED to be, my rig is pretty full sounding, but the character of the guitar comes through in a certain way that i really love!

yacker: i think with all the info going around atm that may indeed be the wisest way to approach of all this. Ill ask them whether they think mahogany or alder would be more appropriate for my style in this guitar.

mrhankey: the blackmachine is extremely high grade mahogany for the back, not ash, my b6 is all ash, havent seen anything quite like that mahogany before.

customisbetter: our bassist is also going to go ibanez, still unsure as to his specs etc, but he will get a custom bass too from what i understand! they dont do fanned frets unfortunately, but maybe in the future that would be a realistic option!

guitar4tw

Reaction score
Sounds like a good idea. I really recommend you trying walnut some time, while perhaps not in your first custom (understandable). It's a really cool wood, and I think you would be surprised on how well it resonates and bites.

Can't wait to hear what you went with! :)

Crucified

Deathgrind Maniac
Reaction score
specify if you want a volute and what style for sure. also, depending how often you use your neck pickup, you may think about using a sustainer in one of your guitars!

also, congrats dude!

Junnage

Reaction score
Congrats Bulb!

The specs on the LACS seem pretty awesome. The sandwich idea sounds pretty awesome.

This sounds like it's going to be a djentmachine.

AeonSolus

DO CEO / RHLC ©
Reaction score
congrats man-o! really deserved endorsement if you ask me ;)

Say, have you thought of going Petrucci-ish with it? as in, having a mahogany toneblock with chambered alder body, like in yours (i presume) and nolly's blackmachine and a maple top? that would own so many asses man, and it would retain the djentness while the balls wouldn't be shaved off with that wood combo imho

Cheesebuiscut

Loves his Q-tuners
Reaction score
Win!

Glad to see periphery getting that kind of recognition so soon.:metal:

eaeolian

Pictures of guitars I don't even own anymore!
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Congrats, Meesh. What you really need is two Schaller 456 cut in half and welded, which they will probably put on your custom, but might be problematic for production. ;)

Chelseadevil21

Reaction score
if there is enough demand, i'm sure schaller would do it..I'd love a guitar with a "457" lol and a locking nut

pylyo

Reaction score
congrats man!

I myself would take in consider RGD LACS. though RGA is pure win and (was) my favorite I just think RGD body design is pure sex. :shred:
Anyway can't wait to see it.

What about the other guys in the band? What are their wishes from LACS?

scottro202

I'm walkin' here!!!
Reaction score
:woot:

And as far as specs go, I would like to see more metal acts using PAF style pickups, but I'm not sure if that would suit Periphery's style. But I second whoever said mahogany black + Alder body

jsousa

Reaction score
I personally think the new rgd is ibanez trying too hard. Rg really cant be beat imo.

')