So it turns out I'm gay...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sang-Drax

Reaction score
Many civilized people would probably read this and think, "yeah, so?" It's the best news in my life for the past decade, however, and I'd like to share it with you.

For the last years, I so much refused to accept who I was that I managed to conceal the feelings from my own self. I abdicated my human condition, coming to the conclusion that I was an automaton, uncapable of loving; existing, but not really living. It's incredible how we can lie to ourselves so convincinly.

Everything tasted like ashes. Nothing I did was interesting, to the degree of having an awesome trip to Italy and not really caring about it. My guess is that I had to drown my feelings to such an extent that I ended up not feeling anything at all toward anything. The only thing that could still bring a shiver to the spine sometimes was music, and even that was becoming rarer and rarer. When that happened, I've no doubts I'd seriously consider suicide.

This past week, for no apparent reason, I decided to face to truth. I went like, "you know what? Fuck it," and now things are so much different. I mean, I haven't really met anyone in particular; it's just the perspective of doing so that makes everything so much different. It's like getting your head out of the water to breathe again.

For the first time in 15 years - when I last fell in love for a girl - I feel happy and human. I can't help but quote The Smiths: "I am human and I need to be loved - just like everybody else does".

Just like everybody else does. I can't believe I'm human, after all. It's such a damn relief!

I do have a very conservative family which most likely won't accept me, but hell, c'est la vie. At least I live in a liberal city, and I don't expect too many problems with my friends either.

Thanks for reading thus far :yesway:

And I can still boast of having picked the hottest chick at my friend's wedding! Huzzah! :lol:

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

matt397

Tr00f
Reaction score
Hey good for you mang, it must take balls (no pun intended :rofl:) to come out like that.
Oh an what the fuck is it with gay guys always picking up the hot chick, its like some one grabbig the last slice of pizza just to look at it.

Sang-Drax

Reaction score
Thank you :)

And the pizza analogy is fucking brilliant :lol:

Prydogga

Giddyup.
Reaction score
Damn, you must be like 50% hotter now that you're accepting you're gay :lol: Too bad for those gorgeous chicks you can probably pull.

All jokes aside, glad that you can come out, here I definitely think it's a safe and warm environment, as far as the internet goes (A metal guitar forum! who knew? :lol:) I doubt you'd cop any flame here.

Congrats for taking what must be a valuable step in your life, hope it continues to keep your life at an improvement from before, hope suicide becomes the least of thoughts on your mind in future.

Again congrats! :village:

EDIT: Also 3 replies in the time it took to write mine. :rofl:

Psychobuddy

edxgxsrfrz
Reaction score
Hey congratulations man, as stated before it takes guts to come out like that.

Your life will no doubt be much more worthwhile now and you should definitely enjoy living much much more.

Also if anyone gives you shit for being gay grab some ss.org buddies [I know there's a few people from Rio on here] and give 'em hell.........or just scare them it's up to you:lol:

Sang-Drax

Reaction score
^ :lol:. I really hope I don't look anything close to that! :ugh:

I'm the third gay in my office, actually. One of my colleagues, though not openly gay, is way too fabulouth to be straight :lol:; and one of my bosses is lesbian (she also happens to be both the nicest one and the prettiest). I've my doubts if the big boss is lesbian too, but she's so nuts overall that it's hard to tell. Considering we're just some 15'ish people working there, that's a high gayness rate.

I have no homosexual close friends, though. Or maybe my gaydar is underdeveloped.

:lol: @ shake weight!

mattofvengeance said:
Congrats, bro. It definitely takes courage to step up and accept something like that.

Tell me about, man. I know things will be hard (no pun intended) from now on, but seriously, it couldn't get any worse than it was before.

Hey congratulations man, as stated before it takes guts to come out like that.

Your life will no doubt be much more worthwhile now and you should definitely enjoy living much much more.

Also if anyone gives you shit for being gay grab some ss.org buddies [I know there's a few people from Rio on here] and give 'em hell.........or just scare them it's up to you:lol:

I think only I and Leandro live Rio among ss.org regulars. There's also 2 or 3 from São Paulo (6 hours away from here by car) and 2 from Florianópolis (18 hours by car), but one of these was banned for leaking Periphery's album and claiming he had all the right to do it :lol:.

Regardless, I don't expect to have this kind of trouble. Fortunately, things have evolved a lot in the last years concerning overall prejudice.

My generation (25-30ish) is still a little biased against both homosexuality and black people (yup, still), but I've noticed a huge, I mean, HUGE improvement with people not even that much younger than me. The generation prior to mine is barbaric, though. Had I been born 10 years earlier, I don't know if I'd have the balls to accept this.

BigPhi84

Pronounced "FEE"
Reaction score
Everything tasted like ashes.

What???:eek::eek::eek::eek: Oh, you said ashes. My bad. :lol::lol::lol::lol:

Congrats on figuring out what makes you happy. There are plenty of people that never realize these types of things and wonder why they have to constantly take depression medications. I don't know how conservative Brazil is, (I just know that the chicks have the hottest buns in the world and fake boobs are everywhere) but I hope you can live your life how ever you want to and not be persecuted because of it. :yesway::hbang:

E Lucevan Le Stelle

in love with Judas
Reaction score
Aww, congratulations! Trust me, everything does improve a lot...

Oh, if you're ever in London, I'll totally take you out for a drink sometime!

*thinks Brazilian guys are totally hot...* ahem.

Reaction score
Well as head Sexual Deviant of SS.Org, I'd like to...

Tell you to get the fuck out.. :squint: This is my hen house..there ain't enough ass on this forum for all of us.

Status
Not open for further replies.
')