So, it's been a while.... Video time again.

• Thread starter Toshiro
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Toshiro

Contributor
Reaction score
So, I thought I'd do some rig videos, since I haven't in a while. Most of it is pretty sloppy, but you know I'm not some guitar god. :lol: There's a little bit of clipping on the mic during the clean/lead tone parts, which sucks, but oh well. It's only noticeable really on the clean bits.

Anyway here they are:
#1 http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QaHb2gUv-F0
#2 http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5VcoCttahzo
#3 http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nzbemFzBLxw

Oh yeah, an out-take for everyone o laugh at, I knocked over some crap on my drafting table as I sat down. :lol:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XPYBUpQrj0Y

PS: Youtube is taking a while to get the shit available, so if the links don't work right this second, they will soon. :lol:

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Kagami

Forum MVP
Reaction score
our computer chair rules.

That gives a pretty good chaingun sound, nice!

Toshiro

Contributor
Reaction score
Thanks guys! :D I'll do another couple vids with the C7 once my new boost pedal (Zoom PD-01) gets here. :)

Toshiro

Contributor
Reaction score
I'll get some seven string vids up here tomorrow, and hopefully clean up some of the mic clipping too. Got my new boost. ;)

D

Desecrated

the solo sound was pretty good, alot of noise but okay. cant say i like the rhytm and the clean sound, but then again, hard to tell the sound over a youtube video.

Toshiro

Contributor
Reaction score
Yeah, that little camera mic clips pretty quick. My lead and clean tones are a little higher volume than my rhythm tone, and I didn't take that into account setting up the level.

Hopefully I can correct some of this, but I doubt it'll be 100% with all the video compression involved.

Thanks for watching them. :)

Shawn

ESP • Ibanez
Forum MVP
Reaction score

Toshiro

Contributor
Reaction score
Sounds great, Toshiro. That C7 sounds nice, nice tone and nice riffage. Cool vids. :hbang:

Thanks man.... I keep waiting for that one negative post from you, but I think you bleed it off into the air, and the rest of us get it to use in our posts. :lol:

Bump for more comments... Where are the Laney guys? :lol:

Man, how long do you have to go before you can bump something without it automerging? :(

Kagami

Forum MVP
Reaction score
Sounded pretty good, it was funny when you like paused for a bit, the camera would gain up the volume again then it would hit really hard when you started playing again.

Black Watch

Contributor
Reaction score
Thanks for posting the videos, very nice to get a feel for the Laney and what it sounds like. Care to share with us where you have your controls set for your channels?

Thanks again!

Naren

OldschoolGhettostyle
Reaction score
I really like the lead stuff on the second video. The tone for that was really good and your playing sounds really good. :yesway:

Toshiro

Contributor
Reaction score
Thanks guys!

D-EJ915:
That cam is such a piece of junk... Takes good pictures though, and I guess I shouldn't expect a good mic on a cheap HP digicam.

Black Watch:
Well, the clean tone is all GT8, and I'm not sure what the EQ/etc is set for that. It's the JC120 model, that I remember. :lol:

Rhythm tone is:
Laney- Presence 6, Bass 7, Mids 5, Treble 5, Gain 6, Drive 6
GT8(EQ set after the Laney, so in the loop)- Bass +6, Low Mids -2 @ 800hz, High Mids -3 @ 1khz.

Lead tone is the same as above with only the bass boosted from the GT8's EQ.

Latest posts

')