So i've had my PS4 for about 3 weeks now and...

• Thread starter GatherTheArsenal
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

GatherTheArsenal

SF2 > Everything
Reaction score
... i STILL haven't cared to even take it out of the box, let alone the plastic bag that it came in! What the hell is happening to me?? :ugh: I'm (apparently) big on gaming because my ps3 and Xbox 360 game collection is ever expanding, I still have my original Xbox with a big collection of games, PS1, N64, Sega genesis, Sega Game gear and I'm passionate about playing them. But all of a sudden it's like not a single fvck is given about my PS4..

Anyone else went or is going through this? Do gamers just turn into collectors one day when they grow older (27)? WTF dudes... Haaallpp! :scream:

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Yo_Wattup

Kick the Butterfly
Reaction score
firstworldproblemsgirl.jpg

TheFashel12

ლ(ಠ益ಠ)ლ
Reaction score
Haha! GTA V has been sitting on the same spot on my desk, unopened, since December 18!

wilch

Reaction score
... i STILL haven't cared to even take it out of the box, let alone the plastic bag that it came in! What the hell is happening to me?? :ugh: I'm (apparently) big on gaming because my ps3 and Xbox 360 game collection is ever expanding, I still have my original Xbox with a big collection of games, PS1, N64, Sega genesis, Sega Game gear and I'm passionate about playing them. But all of a sudden it's like not a single fvck is given about my PS4..

Anyone else went or is going through this? Do gamers just turn into collectors one day when they grow older (27)? WTF dudes... Haaallpp! :scream:

Simple... PS4 = no really exciting new games..yet.

Ralyks

The One Who Knocks
Contributor
Reaction score
Yeah, it took me a week or two to really get into my PS4. Now I'm playing it more, but I think its because Madden is helping me get through the offseason...

eddygdk

Reaction score
i haven't turned on my Ps4 in weeks. i'm waiting for Infamous but until then i guess its staying off

BlackMastodon

\m/ (゚Д゚) \m/
Contributor
Reaction score
#should'vegotanxbonelel

Stupid jokes aside, this is why I don't get any systems when they are brand new. No real games that I'm interested in for either console, so I don't want to spend $500+ for a shiny (actually I guess everything is matte nowadays huh?) new desk ornament.

Titanfall made me almost get an Xbone but it's also for 360 and I played it yesterday and realized that I don't really like online FPS games anymore.

At least there's Dark Souls II if you like RPGs and don't like yourself. :lol:

GatherTheArsenal

SF2 > Everything
Reaction score
Yeah I guess it's definitely too early to be psyched about it yet, I mainly pulled the trigger on buying one because it was sold out everywhere I looked in my city (everywhere = within reasonable distances... Seattle here I come bitches!! Jk) and also because I'm moving to work in the middle east for a few years in 10 days and consoles are stupid expensive down there so I hopped on it soon as I found one.

Thought Thief would be the game to justify my excitement but it got shitty reviews across the board so I didn't get it. Not much of a FPS fan, so Titanfall is off the table. Got BF4 just in case i wanna play a really good FPS, it's a safe bet i guess. But now i'm mainly waiting for MGS and Infamous at this point.

caskettheclown

Sexytime!
Reaction score
As a guy who owns a PS2 and a half decent laptop I would opt for a ps3 instead or a 360 (Preferably ps3) because all the new systems haven't established themselves yet. Yea they have a few games out and bells and whistles but the PS3/360 have a massive game collection and are still extremely popular .

Though i'm also a cheap person and impatient. Not saying I don't want a PS4 but its just easier to pay 100 bucks on a used PS3 so I have a massive amount of games to choose from to play (Plus many are cheap too)

WarMachine

Reaction score

For the most part.......yeeah :lol: im like that anymore too dude (27 as well) and i just got the new Castlevania Lords of Shadow 2, beat it in about a day and that's been it. I haven't been past PS3 yet if that tells you anything, and i've got the huge collection going on like you do. I blame mental illness haha

Pandaonslaught

Reaction score
Definitely not alone. Mine hasn't been turned on since December, but with infamous I'll have a reason to play it again.

goherpsNderp

no refutin' rasputen
Reaction score
as noted a few times in this thread already, inFamous is out friday and it's definitely something you should crack open that PS4 to play.

also: you should probably open it up and make sure it's working before your retailer's return period expires.

SpaseMoonkey

Reaction score

I'm currently playing Breath of Fire 2 (Snes) and Dark Souls 2. I miss the old school RPGs I grew up on, these new ones can just go die in a fire. I'm looking at you FFXIII!

My PS4 has maybe 10 hours of game time used. Past that it only gets turned on for updates/free ps+ games.

As for age I don't think that plays a factor, I'm a week away from 31. I sat down a month ago and beat Portal 2 in 1 sitting. This is also coming from a guy who's dad can be caught playing Diablo 3 on his days off and hes 60. :lol:

inactive0909

Reaction score
New games don't suck.... Have you seen the gameplay for titanfall?
Too bad its only for xb1 and pc :(

Señor Voorhees

Reaction score
That's why I never even bothered to give a fraction of a shit about the new consoles. Launches, and one or two years afterwards, are always a lackluster transition phase. Once people get into the groove of working for the new consoles, that's when it gets exciting.

')