So our local music shop is going out of business....

FretWizard88

Reaction score
So today as I was looking through the newspaper, I noticed an article that was titled Henri's Music to Close in May. I'm thinking ok, they have closed for remodeling before, they are probably doing it again....not so.....

This store is why I play guitar the way I do, and also where I met some of my best friends. I feel like part of me has died knowing that this store is going to be gone.

It really sucks....:noplease:

Here is the article. Henri's Music in Green Bay, Appleton to close | greenbaypressgazette.com | Green Bay Press-Gazette

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Chickenhawk

A Bad Idea
Contributor
Reaction score
Well, awesome close out sale on the bright side.

sucks though man. Its part of the community, and its going away, gatta hurt.

FretWizard88

Reaction score
I don't even care about getting something for cheap. The employees there were so awesome, and they were very kind and were always willing to work with you.

I know the economy is shit right now, and that has a lot to do with it, but the fact that about 2 years ago a Guitar Center went up in Appleton, Wi I'm sure did not help. At least this music shop treated their customers with respect unlike those fuck stains at guitar center.

right_to_rage

Avant Temporal
Reaction score
End Hits closing its doors | The Scene | Entertainment | Ottawa Sun

Yep, we just lost our only independent record shop here in Ottawa. All they sold was metal, punk, and indie so naturally I was there on the regular. Really sad that this is happening in other places too.

edit: sorry thought that it was a record shop you were talking about. Sorry for your loss bro, its never fun to see an establishment like that go down after giving so much over the years

Cheesebuiscut

Loves his Q-tuners
Reaction score
Those dudes have a respectable amount of experience under their belts they'll probably take up spots at that guitar center or some other place soon (if they don't call it quits).

FretWizard88

Reaction score
Those dudes have a respectable amount of experience under their belts they'll probably take up spots at that guitar center or some other place soon (if they don't call it quits).

I don't think any of them would ever want to work at Guitar Center.

caskettheclown

Sexytime!
Reaction score
Damn dude! I'm sorry to hear that

reminds me of when I learned that my old guitar teacher(where I learned everything) is basically bedridden now and can't play guitar or even function normally.

We all have or should have a store like the one your talking about
I have one I go to, its great I was their the first day they opened, now they know me by name and all.

Its a great loss when stuff like that happens
I feel for ya

AK DRAGON

Guitar Popcicle
Reaction score
Pretty sad to think that the economy is hitting musicians where it hurts. I don't want to think about a city without a local music store where you get to know people who run it, just disappear. I always shop the mom and pop stores/restaurants. I despise chain stores for their lack of customer service.

I don't know what I would do if my local store closed. There are some pretty cool guys working there.

Esp Griffyn

Play more music
Reaction score
My first guitar shop closed a few years back, before we even thought recession was on the horizon. Pretty much the guy that owned it shut the chain down, sold the properties, and made a guitar / bass focused 4 store chain instead, and hired a bunch of assholes to work in them, leaving (most of) the old staff in the wilderness.

SjPedro

Reaction score
that's really sad man. I feel sorry for you although I can't even begin to understand what you are feeling since here in Portugal the store owners and employees have an attitude problem and seem to think they are on top of the world and better than everybody else (at least in almost all the stores I have been in,must be the same on those guitar centers) but I can relate to it by thinking about the days of my old music academy that was basically my home away from home.

eaeolian

Pictures of guitars I don't even own anymore!
Super Moderator
Reaction score
This is a too-common occurrence. There are only a couple of non-chain music stores left in my area, and it's sad, since I really dislike dealing with Guitar Center and Music and Arts.

budda

Do not criticize as this
Contributor
Reaction score
End Hits closing its doors | The Scene | Entertainment | Ottawa Sun

Yep, we just lost our only independent record shop here in Ottawa. All they sold was metal, punk, and indie so naturally I was there on the regular. Really sad that this is happening in other places too.

edit: sorry thought that it was a record shop you were talking about. Sorry for your loss bro, its never fun to see an establishment like that go down after giving so much over the years

End Hits is closing? I haven't been there yet! :scream::wallbash::hungus:

ittoa666

Being confused on SS.org since 2008
Reaction score
This is depressing. I would go camp out in the place so they dont tear it down.

FretWizard88

Reaction score
Actually, there is a bit of hope. I went and talked to one of the employees today, and he said that there is supposed to be a store from Upper Mich. that is going to takes its place. Jim's Music Shop or something.