So remember those rumors of an affordable Fireman.....

• Thread starter MaxOfMetal
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

kuma

Reaction score
There's been a few posts over on Jemsite about this from Rich, and also apparently confirmation from PG himself on the Racer X forums. Guitar will be Made in China, mahogany body, 3-piece mahogany/maple neck, rosewood board, Injectors in neck and bridge, Area 67 middle, red finish. Rich says MAP of $899.

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Fiction

For Mod
Reaction score
yeah i know no one pays list price, but as an example the premium rg's list price in australia is $1495 as far as i can gather. i did not expect for them to be giving these guitars away, however if the premium price is indeed something to go on, then the fireman could be closer to $1200 street price over here. that kind of money for a MII ibanez just kills me.

The music store here is selling an Ibanez 1527 for $2300.. Marked down from $3300. Gah, and I see them going MINT for $900-1000 on these forums.

Bloody_Inferno

Silence is Violence
Reaction score
The music store here is selling an Ibanez 1527 for $2300.. Marked down from $3300. Gah, and I see them going MINT for $900-1000 on these forums.

Got my black one for around 1000 and got my white one for under 800. Not from this forum though, and definitely not in an Aussie shop retail. :lol:

There's been a few posts over on Jemsite about this from Rich, and also apparently confirmation from PG himself on the Racer X forums. Guitar will be Made in China, mahogany body, 3-piece mahogany/maple neck, rosewood board, Injectors in neck and bridge, Area 67 middle, red finish. Rich says MAP of $899.

Interesting, still doesn't faze me. Some of the ART and ARX series I've recently played were all fantastic.

MaxOfMetal

Likes trem wankery.
Super Moderator
Reaction score

Interesting.

If the build is anything like the Artcore Customs and 9x series it'll be pretty nice.

Andromalia

Pardon my french
Reaction score
Though, I don't see where country of origin is that big of a factor in this day and age.

Well it isn't. Trade has gone from "make the best so I can sell it for more since the competition won't be as good"" to "let's sell for the most we can and use trade agreements between sellers not to compete on prices".

As the EU are notably richer than the US at the moment, prices in EU are more expensive. *All* shops stick to a 1$/1€ ratio. Trade nowadays has lost most of relvance to the value of the item and is about "what can we get away with" and price rigging.
As for Australia, I recently shipped a guitar there, costed me twice as much as it cost me to import guitars from the US. (Ok, cost twice as much for the buyer - France ->Australia: 150€ for a Prestige in its case and appropriate packaging)

scherzo1928

has wood for you
Reaction score
Here I was thinking I'd save some dough for a 7 string premium, and they come up with this...

Any idea if it has the super thick neck as well? Because that's what made me like the original in the first place (not like I played one, but I personally LOVE thick necks)

dres_x

Reaction score
Hey Guys,
Paul himself actually posted on the Racer X forums about it! Needless to say, I'm incredibly excited to play this for some reason :p If it's made in the same factory as the Artcore Customs are made, I have no worry about the quality at all!

Hello,

I've been too busy touring to ask about the release date of the new Fireman, but I do know some details about the guitar itself (because I've been playing a factory sample as my main guitar every night.)

The scale length remains 24.75" (like all my other Fireman guitars.) The neck joint is a set neck, and is pretty much identical to the previous high-priced model. The pickups are DiMarzio Injectors on the bridge and neck, and a DiMarzio Area 67 in the middle. The frets are the tall skinny ones that I love for bending and vibrato. The bridge and tailpiece are a new design from Ibanez that lock down tight for sustain and intonation consistency (make sure to have 2 different sized allen wrenches on hand to unlock and adjust the bridge.) The body is mahogany. The neck is too, and there is a reinforcement strip of another wood in the center (like my other Fireman guitars.) The neck size and shape are a little smaller (per my request) than the original korina fireman, but still big enough to have lots of sustain and resonance. And of course, it's a Fireman! The body shape has a feel to it that is very unique and functional in surprising ways. The long upper cutaway allows for great balance. It also rests on your body, close to your heart. Since my ears don't hear as well as they used to, it has become really important to me how a guitar feels and resonates. The Fireman's upper cutaway rests against me and the notes literally go straight to my heart. I wasn't thinking about this when I flipped an Iceman upside down, but it is a happy accident that I really like. The guitar is made in China, which brings the price down quite low. And after trying and touring with several factory samples, I'm convinced that the quality is top-notch.

I don't know anything about the "limited" sales of it one way or the other. I put all my energy into making sure the specs on the guitar were perfect. But I have a feeling that if I keep playing it, they'll keep selling it.

And it's red!

Thank you,

Paul

MatthewK

Reaction score
Seems like a really cool guitar, it's fresh and oldschool at the same time. It's a little Gibson and a little Fender. Looks better with korina though. Yeah, I pretty much want one.

gunshow86de

Beef Jerky Time
Reaction score
Hmm, kind of excite. I've wanted a Fireman since the first pictures of it surfaced. A Prestige level Fireman would definitely peak my interest (probably in the $2200 range?).

Made in China worries me. The workmanship on most higher level imports is good enough. I'm mostly concerned about this "mahogany" that they are planning to use. If it's the same as what Schecter/LTD use, then I'll pass.

Reaction score
Made in China worries me. The workmanship on most higher level imports is good enough. I'm mostly concerned about this "mahogany" that they are planning to use. If it's the same as what Schecter/LTD use, then I'll pass.

So the fact that Paul Gilbert is touring the factory samples is not enough then?

theV

Reaction score
Official pic of this model:
FRM100TR-1.jpg

soliloquy

Reaction score
i dont like the body. much prefer the iceman. but if its for the right price, i might just get it for the pickups alone and a really different body shape

Rook

Electrifying
Reaction score
Oh shit!

I just pooped with excitement!

I've not been this excited about a piece of gear in forever, I WANT!

Latest posts

')