So Synyster Gates from Ax7 Has a prototype 8 string

• Thread starter lewstherin006
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Chokey Chicken

mouth breather
Reaction score
8-string guitars are fresh now?

If all of the material you've written was on six strings, then switching to eight is indeed fresh. Just because the instrument isn't new/fresh doesn't mean it wouldn't be new/uncharted territory for someone who's never played/written music for one.

Michael_Ten

blergh yas
Reaction score
He was in a ska metal band called Pinkly Smooth with the Rev before he passed. They only released one ep though.

I hate A7X with a passion, but Pinkly Smooth was actually pretty dope.

But on topic, that guitar is... interesting. A7X would be a little late to the game if they decided to djent.

BrailleDecibel

Member Of The 27" Club
Reaction score
I can't really see A7X trying to djent...I have a feeling it would probably be more of a slow, groovy sort of thing with some super-low riffage in there. But then, I'm pretty clueless on them, for the most part...I didn't even really listen to them until the guitarist of my old band showed me some stuff.

bloc

tha vagina finda
Reaction score
If all of the material you've written was on six strings, then switching to eight is indeed fresh. Just because the instrument isn't new/fresh doesn't mean it wouldn't be new/uncharted territory for someone who's never played/written music for one.

But this is A7X we're talking about here :lol:

Alex Kenivel

Stunt Guitar
Reaction score
They need to rip off the bat-country Era A7X, no matter how many strings they have

jwade

Doooooooooom
Reaction score
I hate A7X with a passion, but Pinkly Smooth was actually pretty dope.

But on topic, that guitar is... interesting. A7X would be a little late to the game if they decided to djent.

That vocalist is godawful, but the music sounded vaguely like Dog Fashion Disco/Polkadot Cadaver, if they got a different singer....

Zalbu

More time than skill
Reaction score
He has never had or used a 7. He is just doing this to be trendy as f*ck and to try to seem relevant while he continues to play nothing but GNR and Metallica ripoff riffs.
There's a video of him busting out some Django at a guitar clinic, I personally don't care much for Avenged Sevenfold but the dude is better and more versatile than people give him credit for.

Zado

Reaction score
Zacky's new signature will be a regular 6 string model,nothing djenty on the way I guess...This one is probably a one off or a special edition/exclusive at best.

So that means they're gonna be ripping off Periphery instead of the usual Metallica and GNR then? :lol:

Dear God I hope not

lucasreis

ERG Ambassador
Reaction score
I love ERGs and Avenged Sevenfold is pretty cool in my book. Plus, anything that helps spread the word about ERGs is good to us. So, if they end up using them, I say go for it! ��

')