So Synyster Gates from Ax7 Has a prototype 8 string

• Thread starter lewstherin006
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

lewstherin006

Reaction score
12279081_10153443750704261_9218218143089189720_n.jpg

Dont know how I feel about this.

EDIT: so i miss read and it looks like this one is actually for sale, so im guessing he had it and didnt like it?

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Zinter

Canuck Guitar Tech
Reaction score
Can't even recall seeing him with a 7 when I was really into a7x haha, does he play ERGs or is this just a branding thing? Either way its a sign of the times

lewstherin006

Reaction score
Can't even recall seeing him with a 7 when I was really into a7x haha, does he play ERGs or is this just a branding thing? Either way its a sign of the times

I think he just got this for his own use. The dude is actually a good guitar player minus the stuff his band does. I dont think he has even had a sig 7.

neurosis

Reaction score
Maybe Schecter gave it to him as a gift and he thought to himself... nah.

Or maybe he asked for it and found no use for it.

It looks kinda cool, despite the gaudy inlay work IMO.

Now... why a Floyd?

J-Fender7

The Son of Fender
Reaction score
Schecter just posted on their instagram that this is a 2016 prototype. This might be interesting if he starts using 8's. After the trainwreck that HTTK was, they need something fresh.

Bearitone

Reaction score
What if A7x wants to go Djent? :lol:
Maybe they'll use it for on really extravagant song like "a little piece of heaven"
Maybe they want to go lower and heavier for the next album and bring back the screaming?

I think this is good news guys. Means we're in store for something interesting

Chokey Chicken

mouth breather
Reaction score
If I recall correctly its a dcgl exclusive. Meaning it has nothing to do with the artist and everything to do with sales.

Not sure why it matters. Guillotine, the guy doesn't need to be trendy, he's already immensely popular. I also had no idea you were the "who deserves to play an 8" authority.

BrailleDecibel

Member Of The 27" Club
Reaction score
Avenged Eightfold would be quite interesting, but I can't imagine them using 8-strings...I guess we'll just have to wait and see when their new album comes out.

Alex Kenivel

Stunt Guitar
Reaction score
The pups and inlays aren't for me but the rest is! Some folks need to stop hating. Good for him/them for even thinking about ERGs.

Latest posts

')