So the day has finally come at last...

• Thread starter -One-
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Petal

Reaction score
Haha its grown so fast. Soon there will be sub-genres within the "genre of djent", if i may.

MikeH

Bring the gain
Reaction score
There already is. "Ambidjent". :rolleyes:

And to anyone debating that djent isn't a genre, read the definition of genre.

A music genre is a categorical and typological construct that identifies musical sounds as belonging to a particular category and type of music that can be distinguished from other types of music.

Razzy

[10]
Reaction score
I guess this means I can officially start my own genre. I shall call it, "pinch harmonic."

The Reverend

GHETTO KING OF SWAG
Reaction score
My favorite part of this article is the bit at the bottom, talking about the similarities between djent and progressive metalcore. I like the use of "unclean vocals". Makes it sound unpure, almost. :lol:

elrrek

Contributor
Reaction score
If "Meedly Meedly Meeee!" is being claimed then I'm bagging "dow dow-dow dow-dow dow-dow dow", "boop boop boop boop boop" and "jug jugga-jug jugga-jug jugga-jug jugga-jug jugga-JAH-JAH!".

troyguitar

Reaction score
If "Meedly Meedly Meeee!" is being claimed then I'm bagging "dow dow-dow dow-dow dow-dow dow", "boop boop boop boop boop" and "jug jugga-jug jugga-jug jugga-jug jugga-jug jugga-JAH-JAH!".

and the dragon comes in the NIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIGHT

Guitarman700

Reaction score
155502_10150109322975329_744315328_7875423_3095711_n.jpg

Evil7

LowCrushingMetal
Reaction score
Now who can do Djent more dirty and nasty then meshuggah? It needs some darker direction then a lot of the djent i hear..

asher

So Did We
Reaction score
I think this is pretty neat. Credentials of it being a proper sub-genre aside, the huge amount of use it's been getting lately warrants, in my opinion, an entry like this that directly addresses the issue (I would argue it's probably a valid sub-genre descriptor, or it will be soon). This is how these things start, at any rate, and it's a generally well-written article.

Ibanezsam4

Reaction score
Now who can do Djent more dirty and nasty then meshuggah? It needs some darker direction then a lot of the djent i hear..

which is why i only rely on Meshuggah for all my non-existent djent needs (i dont have djent needs, i just have meshuggah needs).

')