So this diet & exercise-thing actually works?!

Sjusovaren

7-string n00b
Reaction score
Very interesting discussion guys. :lol: I think BMI only works as an extremely rough guide, such as going from fat to not so fat. It's sad how it's overused today, but what can you do, sometimes people are too lazy to look into individual deviations.

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

stryker1800

Sweet Pickle
Reaction score
I'm 5'10 and built kinda big and can't imagine weighing as little as you nick, i would be just skin and bones. for reference i weigh 189 now

Sang-Drax

Reaction score
Nah, Nick has posted some pics of him now. He looks fine. No homo.

Ok, a little bit homo, but I'm not hitting on you u.U

leandroab

Stay Negative™
Reaction score
The word of advice here is moderation. You can eat whatever the fuck you want. But int moderation...

This whole "I'm only gonna drink water and eat lettuce" talk can be very dangerous. A balanced meal + exercise habit is key. I've always eaten ok, almost never eat fastfood BUT I never exercised. The result is no muscle mass and a moderate beer-made love handles...

I started working out roughly 2 months ago. I weighted 64.5 KG and I'm 1.74m tall.

I have now 66.6 kg (not kidding!! :metal:) and it's all muscle mass!

EDIT: that BMI page scared me a bit:
fingerh.gif

:ugh:

stryker1800

Sweet Pickle
Reaction score
Nah, Nick has posted some pics of him now. He looks fine. No homo.

Ok, a little bit homo, but I'm not hitting on you u.U

i wasn't saying he looked bad ive never seen him so i can't comment I'm just saying comparing his description of himself to myself, being that it sound we were about the same build, I couldn't imagine myself being that light.

Origin

Rainbow In The Dark
Reaction score
Mine is 22.7, directly in the middle of healthy, and I still don't accept or trust BMI. It's like IQ, it can give a GENERALIZATION within a certain range of types of people, but any outliers and it's completely inaccurate and you just plain can't give a full picture of health (or intelligence) with a number.

I've been slightly steadily losing weight and toning, from 185 to 172 lbs running light lifting and watching my eating. I feel fucking fantastic though I'd rather actually be heavier (with muscle of course :lol:)

Jason

Forum MVP
Reaction score
I could have smoked crack. That would have been worse.

Oh that makes perfect sense :rolleyes:

Not everyone is made of muscle, some of us are just small.

I'm a couple of inches taller than Nick and have a target weight of ~130, up at ~145 right now and I still feel like shit because it's just a pile of 15 lbs. of fat right on my gut that just won't go the fuck away. I actually don't care at all how much I weigh, I just want my flat stomach back :lol:

Yeah, hence why bf% comes into play.
Very interesting discussion guys. :lol: I think BMI only works as an extremely rough guide, such as going from fat to not so fat. It's sad how it's overused today, but what can you do, sometimes people are too lazy to look into individual deviations.

No it doesnt really at all. I am considerded obese YET just had my bodyfat % checked and Im only 15% and weigh 206lbs.

shanike

Reaction score
congrats man.

the important thing is not being on a diet, but changing a lifestyle - eating, drinking, moving.

it took me a great deal to realize that the healthy food isn't that bad after all :)

Nick1

Reaction score
I was in the hospital all last week cause I fell down some stairs. (No I was not drunk!) The hospital food of course wasnt great plus I was in so much pain I was nauseous most of the time. So the thought of food was not appealing at all. So I actually lost another 5-7 lbs while I was in there. So now Im like 132 now.

Tiger

Reaction score
^ You give off vibes that you like being anorexic-ish. For the record, since 5 pounds equals 35000 calories, you would have needed a calorie deficit of 5000 calories a day for a week (run a marathon and you might hit that)

So you lost water weight or something, which would come right back to you anyway. Or you exaggerate.

Nick1

Reaction score
^ You give off vibes that you like being anorexic-ish. For the record, since 5 pounds equals 35000 calories, you would have needed a calorie deficit of 5000 calories a day for a week (run a marathon and you might hit that)

So you lost water weight or something, which would come right back to you anyway. Or you exaggerate.

Im thinking a lot of it was water weight. I normally drink about 2-3 liters of water a day not counting coffee or sugar free red bull. Since I didnt drink nearly that much water while I was there I assume that was the cause. My guess is that Ill gain it back in the next few days. Ive pretty much stayed at 135-140 for several months now. Im not "anorexic-ish" Im just happy I lost the weight and I dont want to gain it back. I do eat. Early in the diet I ate once a day. Now I eat a snack in the early afternoon like a piece of fruit or some trail mix and then an average sized dinner at night. I dont eat ANY thing fried or greasy or any candy or anything like that. I also havent had red meat in quite some time. Not that its bad but its not as easy to digest.

Winspear

Winspear/Noisemother
Reaction score
Didn't want to start a new thread to ask this:

I'm trying to bulk up while staying toned, working out regular and eating very well each day.
Februrary I was 160lbs. I cycled my way down to 147lbs while still weight lifting.
I'm trying to put on more now - and had gone up to 152lbs in the past week. I always weigh myself empty and unclothed. Lastnight I got quite drunk and danced for 2 hours. I weighed myself this morning and am 146lbs! 152-146lbs in less than 24 hours.
What did I do :ugh:

')