So this diet & exercise-thing actually works?!

Sjusovaren

7-string n00b
Reaction score
In March this year, I stepped on the scale here at home and almost lost it. I had finally reached the point I was dreading, I was over 100 kilos/220 pounds in weight which is pretty damned bad seeing as I'm just around 175 centimetres tall. After five minutes of panic, I sent a text-message to a friend and asked him to help me get started with going to the gym.

March 14th, I had my last piece of candy, at that point, I was at 103 kilos/227 pounds. :noplease:

March 16th, I went to the gym for the first time in my life. (well, been a couple times with school but that was never organized at all so it just meant dicking around) :idea:

Since then, I've tried to work out at least three times a week at the gym and then taking a few walks, plus giving up candy, soda, ice-cream, chips, popcorn, alcohol, all that stuff.

I've been forced to take a 4-week break from the gym recently due to a couple nasty colds and an ear-infection but I've increased my number of walks instead. I've kept to the no-crap diet going for close to 12 weeks too, which I'm extremely proud of, especially seeing as I had a birthday recently and I only had a couple of strawberries. :lol:

Weighed myself this morning, so far I'm down to 85 kilos/187 pounds which feels fantastic! I'm feeling a lot more confident overall and I'm still not done. Losing 18 kilos/39 pounds in 11½ weeks is something I'm counting as one of my biggest accomplishments and I'm extremely glad that I "put my foot down" at 100 rather than when/if I had been around the "Biggest Loser"-area. :cool: I've learnt that losing weight isn't that hard to do, as long as you stop thinking about it and just f'ing do it! :hbang: YAAAY!

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Murmel

Reaction score
Grattis! Hoppas det går lika bra i framtiden :D

Origin

Rainbow In The Dark
Reaction score
Fuck yeah dude. I've never been very heavy but I've never had a lot of muscle mass and still had baby fat. It's disappearing cause of responsible actions too ;) I'm utterly happy for you, got a best friend who's going through the same thing.

avenger

Reaction score
Man that is awesome. I am 207 and have just started working out again. I want to drop to 175-180. The first week has been brutal as I expected doing 5 work outs a week (rotating cardio/weights) and my lust for tons of food is insane but overall I alreayd feel a shit ton better then I have for the past few months.

Smoking is still awesome though :lol:

Sjusovaren

7-string n00b
Reaction score
Thanks brothers. :) It's been pretty hard though, going out and only having mineral water all night is annoying, especially since everyone keeps going "FUCKING DRINK!!!!!". :lol: Then again, it's worth it since all the walking around and occasional dancing/attempt at dancing makes it a night where I burn a couple calories rather than a night where I get drunk and drink a ton of "un-necessary" extra ones. :D Plus, not having to puke is always a nice plus. I just hope all this work is worth it in the end and I finally get enough confidence to seriously approach girls, something I didn't have before at fucking all.

Origin: Awesome, give my best to your friend. :) Also, love the sig, DeVries ftw. :lol:

avenger: Awesome, good luck to you. :) Yeah, the craving-part sucks, I've had such f.a.s. (g.a.s. but for food :lol:) for pizza this last week that I could kill somebody. If you get in that spot, think like I do. The future you will be able to eat all that good stuff a bit sooner if you keep off it right now. :)

Scar Symmetry

Ex Whiny Bitch
Reaction score
Losing weight is a piece of piss :cheers:

I am man, and man can acheive anything he wants to acheive! :hungus:

troyguitar

Reaction score
I started dieting myself in late February, it fucking sucks but at least you lose weight. I've only lost about 20 lbs though because I'm super lazy about it and don't exercise enough and still eat too much pizza and other shit on occasion. Drinking nothing but water is probably the biggest change though, most of the weight loss is probably due to that alone.

Sjusovaren

7-string n00b
Reaction score
I started dieting myself in late February, it fucking sucks but at least you lose weight. I've only lost about 20 lbs though because I'm super lazy about it and don't exercise enough and still eat too much pizza and other shit on occasion. Drinking nothing but water is probably the biggest change though, most of the weight loss is probably due to that alone.
At what weight did you start? :)

Also, sorry for putting this in the wrong section, I totally missed that it existed. *whoops*

troyguitar

Reaction score
165 lbs, far from fat but I used to be 135 and didn't gain much if any muscle on the way up to 165 :lol:

I don't really care about the actual weight, I just want to get the damned fat off my stomach.

m3ta1head

Contributor
Reaction score
I'm also 5'8" and I dropped from 185-190lbs to just under 150 in about 6 months, simply through regulating my diet and going for an occasional run. Losing weight is easy-I already eat healthy foods, so I just had to cut down on my between-meal snacking. I successfully kicked my snacking habit by stimulating my hunger right before a major meal through the use of a certain green plant ;)

MetalGravy

Making a meat suit
Reaction score
Dude, I know what you mean. Spinach is awesome--I put it on damn near everything!

Also, congrats to OP.

Awfulwaffle

Reaction score
Damn right shit works. I used to weigh 290 about a year ago, and I'm 5'8" (fairly stocky build but still), and now I'm down to 227 and still dropping. Didn't even change what I eat, but when and how much I eat. No more meals after 7, plus 40 hours of physical labor a week and a moderate workout every other day and voila!

Grats on the weightloss !

budda

Do not criticize as this
Contributor
Reaction score
Keep it up man! I used to eat right and work out 5 days a week.. fell off the wagon when I moved home but still ate decently and got exercise at work/walking around with friends, but after a break-up and coming back to school it's been tough - basically I don't have the discipline to just jump back into it, even though I want to.

The payoff is great :)

Bevo

Reaction score
Best tip I can give is to find a sport you just love doing and are good at. For me its Hockey, right now just playing twice a week but in winter it goes up to 5-7 times a week depending on games.

It is so fun and the effort to play well makes you want to work harder and be stronger.
You don't even know your losing weight.
As long as your not a junk food/alcoholic the weight will fall off you.

See what you buds are doing and get them to take you out for whatever they are into.
The social part is pretty cool, that will get you back on days you don't want to go.

Great job by the way!!

Latest posts

')