So this is what a $50,000 tuition to berklee gets you

• Thread starter Mastodon
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

noodles

Contributor
Reaction score
I absolutely refuse to believe they went to Berkley. That has to be three kids with some video editing tools on their mom's computer. If they're students, then I'm gonna apply to be a professor.

Nik

Arrogant asshole
Reaction score
DelfinoPie said:
hehehehe asshat, that never gets old lol :metal:

It does compared to 'buttnugget'.

What were we talking about again?

bostjan

MicroMetal
Contributor
Reaction score
My old cover band's name was 'asshat.'

I finally built up the patience to get through the second song. That whispering part really made my day :D.

Leon

{##[====:::.
Contributor
Reaction score
so what's with the "WILL BE REMOVED" business? i mean, it's terrible yes, but so are so many other things on the 'net.

Mastodon

Songs about My Cats
Reaction score
Leon said:
so what's with the "WILL BE REMOVED" business? i mean, it's terrible yes, but so are so many other things on the 'net.

Yeah I'm wondering about that too. This is the first time I've seen that on something on video google.

Naren

OldschoolGhettostyle
Reaction score
I can't believe for a second that they went to Berklee...

Some of the crappiest music I've heard. I was better at bass and guitar when I was a senior in high school...

Does he seriously compare himself to Marilyn Manson? He sounds nothing alike...

I listen to the first 1 and a half minutes, then skipped through a little bit, but wow. I can't believe how bad that is. Everything sucked. The vocals, the lyrics (oh, how I hate those lyrics), the bass, the piano/keyboards, the drums, the guitars (on the second song, it's just screaming).

I cannot believe these people have ever studied music before. Even 1 music class.

zimbloth

Nick // Axe Palace
Vendor
Forum MVP
Reaction score
Plenty of people who goto Berklee blow ass. I've had Berklee guys in my bands who we've had to kick out because they didn't cut it. It's no guarantee to be a good musician.

David

je t'aime
Contributor
Reaction score
zimbloth said:
Plenty of people who goto Berklee blow ass. I've had Berklee guys in my bands who we've had to kick out because they didn't cut it. It's no guarantee to be a good musician.
:agreed:

Education can give you knowledge... but no amount of classroom work will get you passion, flow, and style. I love going to jam sessions with old guys who have gone to school for music, and suck ass! I sound twice as good as them, I'm twice as creative, I'm a sophmore in highschool, but yet they feel that their degree makes them higher. Sound > Documents.

noodles

Contributor
Reaction score
zimbloth said:

Yeah, but a minimum they should have the chops. How do you make it through four years singing completely out of key? How do you make it through four years with severe tempo problems? I thought you had to at least prove the ability to play existing pieces of music along the way, to prove that you have developed the technical abilities required of you. :scratch:

Naren

OldschoolGhettostyle
Reaction score
noodles said:
Yeah, but a minimum they should have the chops. How do you make it through four years singing completely out of key? How do you make it through four years with severe tempo problems? I thought you had to at least prove the ability to play existing pieces of music along the way, to prove that you have developed the technical abilities required of you. :scratch:

Exactly. I mean, that's like getting a degree in American History and not even knowing the presidents of the US. Or, getting a degree in American Literature and not even knowing who wrote Moby Dick... If you have a degree form Berklee and can't even sing in key or in tempo, you're missed some of the most important and basic things (that you probably should have had before even thinking of attending).

Even if these people are really from Berklee, I see them as complete failures in whatever they were trying to do. :noplease:

Samer

Dybbuk
Reaction score
I think the important part is they are having fun playing music, isnt that what its really about. Sure the music isnt great, maybe they are still never students at berkley (trying to improve). But the important thing is they are having fun. (Better if they had fun in private thought) LOL

Latest posts

')