So what is everyone excited about in the 4th-coming months?

• Thread starter Dan Halen
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

aturaya

Reaction score
2012 is looking amazing so far in terms of music. The world is ending on a good note. That was a pun.

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Demiurge

Reaction score
While they're not completely my bag anymore, I'm really interested in hearing Meshuggah's next album. They've managed to separate themselves from the pack fairly-well for most of their career, but now as highly-influential band, I can only imagine them flipping-the-script in a big way to retake the gap between them and everyone else.

Eptaceros

Wayfarer
Reaction score
While they're not completely my bag anymore, I'm really interested in hearing Meshuggah's next album. They've managed to separate themselves from the pack fairly-well for most of their career, but now as highly-influential band, I can only imagine them flipping-the-script in a big way to retake the gap between them and everyone else.

That is to say that their focus is to differentiate themselves from the norm, which has never been at the forefront of their efforts.

aturaya

Reaction score
That is to say that their focus is to differentiate themselves from the norm, which has never been at the forefront of their efforts.

They somehow manage to always do it anyways. I'm sure they'll do again it this time.

Fiction

For Mod
Reaction score
Grind the Ocean by The Safety Fire \m/ Also, from the studio updates, I'm very excited for the new Periphery album, seems like a bigger group effort than the debut, which should be interesting as they're all great musicians. Does anyone know if there's a due date for the second part of Parallax: The Hypersleep Dialogues or will that be 2013?

403362_10150526987538189_115385878188_8911726_589296676_n.jpg

BTBAM said:
It has started...

That was posted 7 Hours ago by BTBAM :D

HeHasTheJazzHands

Reaction score
I'm gonna sound old here...

The new KISS, Sabbath (hopefully if Iommi can go through treatment in time) and Rush.

And hopefully a new job. :lol:

technomancer

Gearus Pimptasticus
Super Moderator
Reaction score
I'm gonna sound old here...

The new KISS, Sabbath (hopefully if Iommi can go through treatment in time) and Rush.

And hopefully a new job. :lol:

I figured the new Sabbath was probably off for a bit since Iommi has cancer... if not add that to my list

Is Rush releasing a new studio album this year? If so add that to my list as well

Sephiroth952

Ibby Fanboy
Reaction score
Album wise I'm really looking forward to the new Rush & D-force. (flame shields set to full power)

Concert wise I'm going to see Rammstein in may

Wolf ov Fire

Hellspawn
Reaction score
My new Schecter Damien 7
Gojira, Meshuggah, Tool, Obscura, Deftones
Anyone think Necrophagist will release this year?

Aside from that, driving, and proving to every gullible fool that 2012 is a heaping load of schisse

Dan Halen

Reaction score
Album wise I'm really looking forward to the new Rush & D-force. (flame shields set to full power)

Concert wise I'm going to see Rammstein in may

DF is always exciting. hopefully this new guy can really belt it out. i dont want them to turn into a Van Halen.

Eptaceros

Wayfarer
Reaction score
Anyone think Necrophagist will release this year?

I wouldn't look forward to it. At this point, there MUST have been something serious that's holding them back because they've been going against their word for years. Do they even make updates anymore?

I'm pissed because they stole Romain Goulon just to have him do nothing...we could've gotten new Disavowed in this time.

Somnium

DEATHGRIPPIN
Reaction score
Thuh Land of Ooo, where fake niggas don't make it
Yeah I gave up on Necrophagist a loooong time ago. Sucks, because Dawn & Demise showed some real promise. Anyway, these are what I'm looking forward to: Meshuggah, Terminal Function, X3N, P.H.O.B.O.S., Dodheimsgard, Godflesh, Defeated Sanity, Malignancy, Wormed, Sickening Horror, Gorguts...that's about all I can think of for now. Besides music, I'm just looking forward to paying off my possession charge and saving up for a Pod HD Pro. Damn cops don't want me pursuing my musical career!

piggins411

Reaction score
403362_10150526987538189_115385878188_8911726_589296676_n.jpg

That was posted 7 Hours ago by BTBAM :D

OH SHIT.

I'm excited for ^ that and:

Maybe Periphery (just got into them)
Minus the Bear
The Mars Volta
Say Anything
The Offspring
Children of Nova