So, which commercially available 8 string...

• Thread starter NaYoN
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

NaYoN

Heavy Blog Is Heavy
Reaction score
Has the thinnest neck? I don't mean thin in the sense that neck width, but as in depth. I hate C-neck guitars that make me feel like I'm holding a plumbing pipe, I like thin guitars. So which commercially available guitar has that? Agiles? Ibanez RG2228? Schecter?

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

espman

Is beardless....
Reaction score
Without a doubt the Ibanez, Schecters generally have fairly thick necks, and Agile's are somewhere in between.

NaYoN

Heavy Blog Is Heavy
Reaction score
Thanks guys. That's what I was suspecting, but wanted to check.

Ibanez, for sure. My ukelele is thicker than my RG2228.

I hope that's referring to your small hawaiian guitar and is not the pet name you have given to a body part :p

Reaction score
Has the thinnest neck? I don't mean thin in the sense that neck width, but as in depth. I hate C-neck guitars that make me feel like I'm holding a plumbing pipe, I like thin guitars. So which commercially available guitar has that? Agiles? Ibanez RG2228? Schecter?

Without a doubt the RG2228. Its even thinner than my RGA8. I don't even know how they fit a truss rod in there. In my experience next would be the LTD, followed by the Agile and then the Schecter. I played the limited edition Pro Guitar Shop Silverburst Schecter Damien Elite 8 over the weekend when I was there looking at pedals and it reminded me exactly why I bought the Ibanez instead.

vampiregenocide

Reaction score
I think it's a pretty safe bet to say the 2228, though there are those Dean RC8s as well and I believe they have thinner necks, however only 25 were made so they are hard to get.

mountainjam

Reaction score
Ibanez claims that the rga8 has the same thickness as the rg2228. But the rg has a flatter radius, so im not sure :scratch:

Xiphos68

Reaction score
Ibanez RG2228

But those Deans (Vampiregenocide mentioned) might have a thinner neck.

Not sure though.

Ishan

Giant Fridge Magnet
Contributor
Reaction score
2228 is the thinest like many said, it's also one of the most comfortable I might add. I'm definitely considering having my Agile's neck reshaped to mimic the 2228, it's that good :lol:

Rook

Electrifying
Reaction score
It's not thicker, it is a different shape though, I can't get on with the RGA8, and I've played 7 or 8 different one's now, spent ages trying various setups... The 2228 is effortless to play, the adjustment from the smallest neck in the world (EBMM JP) to the biggest took about a day, it's that ergonomic.

iiDaBoss

Reaction score
I have a buddy with the 2228, and one with a schecter blackjack c8, and i own an rga8.

Personally, when i went out to buy a guitar i spent over an hour switching between the rga8 and the 2228, and i finally decided i prefered the playablility of the rga8.

I found it was a little bit flatter and more comfortable, and i switched to it from a six in a few more hours.

The blackjack was only a bit thicker however, and agiles are thicker again, so i would recommend an ibanez for thin (though you cant go wrong with a higher end schecter either)

')