So...Why do People Hate on Gibson and Fender Again?

• Thread starter Church2224
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

AngstRiddenDreams

Filthy Casual
Reaction score
:lol: Guys, how could you have forgotten? It doesn't matter what wood or pickups Fender or Gibson's use. Each guitar has twang and baldness inducing blues wankery pixy dust rubbed into it before it leaves the factory!

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

flint757

Reaction score
:lol: Guys, how could you have forgotten? It doesn't matter what wood or pickups Fender or Gibson's use. Each guitar has twang and baldness inducing blues wankery pixy dust rubbed into it before it leaves the factory!

:rofl:

They have a bottle of Leo Fender and Les Paul's jizz stored away just for this process (warning kids that's not pixie dust ;)).

Curt

Where we're going we don't need neck pickups.
Reaction score
I can tell you this - If my Eclipse was USA made and not Japanese made, I certainly wouldn't feel it was worth it's price, either.
Explain this to me, please. If your roughly $1500-$2000 ESP was made in the USA, it would suddenly not be worth what you paid? :scratch:

Baldness, and blues wankery be damned... I love my fender. :lol:

CTID

Pondering My Orb
Reaction score
Explain this to me, please. If your roughly $1500-$2000 ESP was made in the USA, it would suddenly not be worth what you paid? :scratch:

My guess is that he's probably saying that if it was made in the USA to the same quality it was made in Japan, it'd probably cost significantly more.

But that's just a stab in the dark, I really have no idea.

RevelGTR

Reaction score
I was/am a huge Ibanez fan boy for several years. I picked up an LP traditional gold top a couple months ago, and to my ear and hand it sounds and feels so much better then my Ibanez guitars that I was shocked. I've since bought one of the custom shop satin ES-335s and have a firebird on the way. Gibson stuff sounds, looks, and feels great and is just plain cool. I also love Fender as well, and my AV52 Tele-Esquire conversion is an awesome guitar as well. Different strokes for different folks as they say, but a big fan of both here.

baptizedinblood

Z̶̭̠̻̳̲͗̎̾͒͛̃̒ͭ̚͢
Reaction score
I can't speak for Fender, but Gibson is too busy supporting Guitar Center and Musicians Friend with lower grade guitars for the masses that they have diluted the company to a point where they are turning out shit. Anything worth a damn from Gibson will come from the Custom Shop by a master luthier, but it is all show. And, they are too busy suing luthiers like Gil Yaron, Ken McKay and others for reproducing period correct replicas. Instead of suing, they should license these guys.

My 1300$ SG Standard would like to have a word with you.

:fawk:

People dislike Fenders and Gibsons because they aren't ERG superstrat/RG shaped customs 69" Scale 8 string guitars preloaded with BKPs.

Too many opinions formed on firsthand experiences with Squiers and Epiphones. :cool:

Curt

Where we're going we don't need neck pickups.
Reaction score
My guess is that he's probably saying that if it was made in the USA to the same quality it was made in Japan, it'd probably cost significantly more.

But that's just a stab in the dark, I really have no idea.
I didn't think about it that way.
Though, I dont see a problem with Gibson pricing. But, that is just my opinion.

yingmin

Parker über alles
Reaction score
I didn't think about it that way.
I don't really see any other way to interpret his statement but that he thinks Japanese labor is intrinsically better and/or more valuable than American labor.

Jakke

Pretty wisdomous
Reaction score
Other killer Gibson for a shamelessly low price, which I'm also probably picking up one of this year, is the SGJ and the LPJ.

These are great guitars, and most of the reviewing sector seems to be raving about these currently as well.

Oh yes... Come to Jakke..
SGJHVCH1-Finish-Shot_zpseaaa1133.jpg

yellow

Banned
Reaction score
Hey Church :) For the same reason people here hate EMG's: no reason at all....well that and trashing other people's opinions to feel better about their own AKA frontrunning

I used to own a Gibson SG Standard when I was a new player, and now I know why after years I prefer Ibanez and ESP, I still think the SG is a helluva guitar

McBonez

Banned
Reaction score
Explain this to me, please. If your roughly $1500-$2000 ESP was made in the USA, it would suddenly not be worth what you paid?

No. I'm saying that if it was made in the USA, the price would be far higher than it is for the same product, and there's no arguing that.

fortisursus

Reaction score
My friend's American Strat Standard is one hell of a resonant piece of wood. Nice guitar. People like to hate what is different to their personal taste. Then over time figure out there is nothing inherently wrong with the ladder. I think you can get some sweet tones from Fenders and Gibsons, but maybe they aren't detuned uber metalz.

Haters gonna hate. Nothing more than that.

Addison90

Reaction score
I've met people who bash fender and gibson because they can't play the blues, and underestimate pentatonic scale..

Captain Shoggoth

Gotoh 1996T shill
Reaction score
Gibsons are like the most metal thing there is (well, LPs and Explorers anyway)-massive slab of mahogany, thick-ass mahogany neck and hot passive pickups. Hell yeah.

If you think the neck is too big to shred then man the .... up and shred anyway :2c:

pushpull7

Banned
Reaction score
Well, I original chimed into this thread to mention it's rough to see many Gibson and Fender prices. I stand by that, but I picked up this Fender HSS American strat and though it's not ghastly, but it's the most expensive guitar than I've had*. The quality is pretty f'ing amazing though. Better than the EC I had years and years ago. The frets are REALLY well done, the trem now is a pop-in and I can move that arm where I'd like, stays in tune great, sounds terrific with the stock pups.

*I'm auditioning a MM SM but I'm pretty sure I won't keep it, but yeah the combined price would rival a custom shop or higher priced LP

Whitestrat

Reaction score
I have a strat. It's nice. The vintage pickups weren't what I needed so I replaced them. Thanks to Paul Gilbert and his injectors, and some dimarzio area 67s, I now have a guitar that can so almost anything from vintage to all out modern rock. Oddly my mesa throttle pedal sounds best with the strat! And for those who say fender didnt update their designs, please have a look at the fender American deluxe strat. That S1 switch coupled with the modernish neck profile and the reduced heel is a great take on a classic guitar. I believe there's even a HSS version?

pushpull7

Banned
Reaction score
I have a strat. It's nice. The vintage pickups weren't what I needed so I replaced them. Thanks to Paul Gilbert and his injectors, and some dimarzio area 67s, I now have a guitar that can so almost anything from vintage to all out modern rock. Oddly my mesa throttle pedal sounds best with the strat! And for those who say fender didnt update their designs, please have a look at the fender American deluxe strat. That S1 switch coupled with the modernish neck profile and the reduced heel is a great take on a classic guitar. I believe there's even a HSS version?

You mean like this one:

http://www.sevenstring.org/forum/standard-guitars/238808-ngd-fender-american-content.html

:D

It seems really well made.

Latest posts

')