So...Why do People Hate on Gibson and Fender Again?

• Thread starter Church2224
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Herrick

Hello Mangs
Reaction score
If Fender made a reasonably-priced 7-string Strat (Mexican or USA-made) I'd Buy That For A Dollar!

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

sonicwarrior

Reaction score
Gibson also owns Steinberger.

Unfortunately. Look what they have done to that name. The Synapse series had/has [not sure if it's discontinued] more quality control problems than Gibson and there is no advertising (that I know of).
Ever tried to get replacement parts for a Transtrem 3? Good luck on that.

a herd/ hive mind mentality is something usually only present in the majority group.

Ehm, no. You can break up almost every group in smaller groups and that drasticallly changes the mainstream way of thinking.
Like we here as a group of guitarists are thinking subtle differences in pickups are a big deal whereas the majority of all human beings couldn't care less. Then there are smaller groups inside the guitar player group like people who would never use an active pickup and those who prefer them.

No hate here. A Les Paul and strat should be a mainstay in any guitar players arsenal IMHO.

I don't hate Fender and Gibson only a little for the Steinberger incident and some other things but statements like these? Argh. :ugh:
Their PR staff will like the statement of course. Did you get paid for that? :lol:

The only headstock from Fender that I like is the Telecaster one and Gibson doesn't make a single headstock I like. Apart from that the Gibson scale is too short for me and I don't like the angled neck.
Both don't offer the pure flat radius that I like, their neck joints usually suck and most of the finishes are boring or worse (goldtops, sunbursts with all this yellow/brown/reddish stuff).

So there is barely any Gibson/Fender which appears sexy enough for me and for those that are other brands are offering more appealing stuff.

Latest posts

')