So...

• Thread starter Kwonnie
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Kwonnie

Reaction score
If I get an eight-stringed guitar (which I quite plan to in about two weeks or so), how will I go about changing the strings when the need arises? Will I need to get a specific brand, etc.?

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Cheesebuiscut

Loves his Q-tuners
Reaction score
The same way you've been doing... you just need to purchase more strings now...

Kwonnie

Reaction score
I don't know of any brands to sell eight string packs. Sorry if this is a nooby question.

Lasik124

Reaction score
I don't know of any brands to sell eight string packs. Sorry if this is a nooby question.

If your looking for packs I know there's plenty as I've seen this thread a lot! I'm sure someone soon will kindly point you in the direction soon enough as I do not know where!

As for my 2 cents, I actually found with the 8 string pack I got once I didn't like the exact gauge and ended up making my guitar a custom gauge and ordering them by the string at www.[B]daddariostrings[/B].com

They offer gauges i think as low as .80? Which I got and ended up not even liking ha...Oh and sorry about the font...It just won't turn off after I linked you that...Ha

Hope I helped a little bit!

All_¥our_Bass

Deathly Chuuni
Reaction score
You might have to "build" your sets by buying singles or buy a sixer set and two extra strings.

schecter007

Reaction score
yeah i build my own sets for my 7s and 8, just get a 6 set I like n add whichever singles I feel like

Tirell

Reaction score
I buy a 10-46 elixir set +56 +68 (elixirs don't have any thicker than that, but considering my hate for D'addario I stick with that)
Some other brands have 8 string packs (labella, schecter, something else from rondomusic, daddario) but they all suck IMO
Oh and wait for Adam to come and share his favorite octave4plus.com :)

BlackMetalVenom

Vallz und Veinaz
Reaction score
^ You could get some from Octave4plus.com
I hear most people get those for their extended scale and thicker gauges.
Well, it depends on what gauge you're after, I'd put an 80 at least on that low F#. :D

MF_Kitten

Set up us the bomb
Reaction score
just get a .09-.42 set of strings, then add a .52 and a .74 string. simple!

you just buy two extra separate strings.

Deadnightshade

U gonna eat that?
Reaction score
I buy a 10-46 elixir set +56 +68 (elixirs don't have any thicker than that, but considering my hate for D'addario I stick with that)
Some other brands have 8 string packs (labella, schecter, something else from rondomusic, daddario) but they all suck IMO

From what i've read here,the 80 bass string from elixirs have the same ball end as a guitar something like that you may want to check it out

Yeap Adam is gonna post about Octave4plus when he gets online here for sure :lol:

Adam

Contributor
Reaction score
Yeap Adam is gonna post about Octave4plus when he gets online here for sure :lol:

:squint:

:lol:
They are great strings, I just put one of his .070 strings for E1 at the 30" scale and it is very tight and sounds much clearer than the regular .070 that was on there.

He makes his strings out of stainless steel too so that will help with longevity since at this price point that a major plus, his sets are also balanced unlike a lot of major string manufacturers. So if you have the coin its well worth it

Reaction score

For the record, LaBella strings most certainly don't suck. I've been using them on my XL for awhile now, and they dominate. I'm not the biggest fan of D'addario, so I'll agree with you there. I hate getting stuck with D'addarios. :noplease:

Latest posts

')