Soccer / Football - All things here :)

• Thread starter Sebastian
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Zado

Reaction score
And now,forgive me guys,but after WC 2002,I honestly hope Russia will score 5-6 million goals.

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Zado

Reaction score
It's not properly "hate" cause they did nothin (except trying to slaughter other players),it's just that this brings out painful memories

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZPd8YmFcvtQ

how can one celebrate after winning that way it's a mystery.Of course I am pissed of for what happen to Italy (1:46 starts the show),but Portuguese and Spanish supporters have something to be quite angry too.

EDIT: ok,after watching the vid once again i can say it's pretty close to "hate"

Santuzzo

Reaction score
I am a few days late with this comment, but I forgot to mention that I'm happy for Messi to have scored a goal in Argentina's match against Bosnia.
Unlike some of the other soccer-stars like Balotelli or Ronaldo, for example, that (at least to me) come across as somewhat arrogant and big-mouthed, Messi seems to be very quiet and humble which I really like him for. So, in my opinion he really deserves success in this WC.

Zado

Reaction score
dqilou.gif

ehw

Alberto7

Living room guitarist. Ex-bedroom guitarist.
Contributor
Reaction score
It's not properly "hate" cause they did nothin (except trying to slaughter other players),it's just that this brings out painful memories

how can one celebrate after winning that way it's a mystery.Of course I am pissed of for what happen to Italy (1:46 starts the show),but Portuguese and Spanish supporters have something to be quite angry too.

EDIT: ok,after watching the vid once again i can say it's pretty close to "hate"

I was 12 years old. I was still living in Venezuela, so most matches were past midnight. I was so excited that my parents let me wake up at 3 in the morning to watch Spain play against SK. It was my first time being up so late at night (which, at that age, is exciting in and of itself), and it was to watch my favorite team play (Spain). That match marked the first time I ever cried of sheer anger and helplessness. Then, I learned what they did to the other teams. I will probably never ever root for the SK team.

asher

So Did We
Reaction score

Yeah some of that stuff was right bullshit.

So was that music though I had to mute it :lol:

OmegaSlayer

Reaction score

Now, you see me posting here, but I'm just seeing highlights, and not always.
I stopped watching soccer matches around 5 years ago.
Still I have to keep updated because in Italy everyone talk soccer, and having a store with people coming even to talk about it...I have to know what happens, it's a kind of customer service LOL
It's impossible for me to look at a show/sport when I know I'll get angry because there are direction flaws, both for inadequacy or bad will.
If 2 Countries I can't care less about play against each other and one dosn't get a clear penalty, I get very pissed, so I don't want to stare at a screen for 2 hours knowing I'll get angry.
The day soccer will be a sport where referee's errors/mistakes will be very limited, will be the day I'll follow and support soccer again.

Centrix

Reaction score
I am a few days late with this comment, but I forgot to mention that I'm happy for Messi to have scored a goal in Argentina's match against Bosnia.
Unlike some of the other soccer-stars like Balotelli or Ronaldo, for example, that (at least to me) come across as somewhat arrogant and big-mouthed, Messi seems to be very quiet and humble which I really like him for. So, in my opinion he really deserves success in this WC.

That used to be the general opinion a couple years back. Even though I'm Portuguese (which by itself does not mean I like Ronaldo, one would be surprised to see the hate he gets in his own country) and like Ronaldo more than Messi, it has become clear in recent times that Ronaldo's "arrogance" is nothing more than a huge amount of self-confidence that gets perceived as arrogance.
Messi on the other hand has the support of the press which has made him the "good boy" and yet he has been involved in so many scandals... from attacking other players on the field constantely to shooting balls towards opposition supporters, throwing up each week because his internal organs are all screwed (because of the treatment he received at Barça when he was younger, to grow up) and even tax evasion related to charity matches...

Both are amazing players, though. Really brilliant and they are definitely marking a generation because they are way better than everyone else. But Messi is not that good of a boy that one would think he is...

Still, I don't think neither Argentina nor Portugal are title contenders this year. I'd put my bets on Germany or Italy. The Germans are too strong and the Italians are always a pesky side to play against! You and your amazing tactical systems :lol:

OmegaSlayer

Reaction score
Kudos to the courage of saying the truth about Messi, which is a steroid machine.

Italy only got back into the game for the poor quality of the other teams.

IbanezDaemon

Raptus regaliter
Reaction score

Scandalous decisions in that vid. At least they didn't go on to win it. Biggest fix since the 1978 World Cup in Argentina were Holland and Brazil were robbed. I remember Argentina having to beat a very good Peru side by at least 4 clear goals to progress. Before the match Argentina lifted all sorts of trade embargos on Peru and sent grain to the country. Officials were bribed all over the place. Of course Argentina went on to beat Peru 6-0 in the match which knocked Brazil out. I think it came out years later that the Peruvian goalkeeper was born in Argentina. Check out the Peruvian defence:

IbanezDaemon

Raptus regaliter
Reaction score
Goal of the tournament so far by Gary Cahill for Australia!

Alberto7

Living room guitarist. Ex-bedroom guitarist.
Contributor
Reaction score
HOLY SHIT this game is AMAZING. Can't wait for half time to finish :lol: Australia is taking me by surprise. I genuinely fear for Spain now not making it to knockouts.

asher

So Did We
Reaction score
"Somebody forgot to tell the soccerroos to just roll over and die. Really taking it to the Netherlands. Great attacking football."

asher

So Did We
Reaction score
This is a hell of a game! Wow! Really exciting, some great playing here.

')