Soccer / Football - All things here :)

• Thread starter Sebastian
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Alberto7

Living room guitarist. Ex-bedroom guitarist.
Contributor
Reaction score
Why is Spain playing so bad and making so many silly mistakes?! They've been killing it every time, even after the last Eurocup! So many good opportunities, and all of them wasted. It's like one day before their first match at the WC they decided they weren't gonna play well anymore. Let's see if they recover on this second half. Even if they did, it'd still be a sour draw/win. I'm frustrated and disappointed.

On the other hand though, Chile is doing great. This group B is really exciting.

... might have to go get me one of those Dutch or German jerseys. I accept donations.:rant:

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Zado

Reaction score
No idea why,maybe due to Champion's League + Liga fatigues,but seriously,Spanish players look everything but interested in what's happening.I'd never say "they are going to be kicked out of the competition" by looking at the match.They just don't care,too exausted maybe.

IbanezDaemon

Raptus regaliter
Reaction score
Why is Spain playing so bad and making so many silly mistakes?! They've been killing it every time, even after the last Eurocup! So many good opportunities, and all of them wasted. It's like one day before their first match at the WC they decided they weren't gonna play well anymore. Let's see if they recover on this second half. Even if they did, it'd still be a sour draw/win. I'm frustrated and disappointed.

On the other hand though, Chile is doing great. This group B is really exciting.

... might have to go get me one of those Dutch or German jerseys. I accept donations.:rant:

The manager Vincente Del Bosque has got to take much of the blame for Spain's demise. He picked teams based on sentiment. Xabi Alonso and Casillas who had nightmare performances against Holland were inexplicably chosen for tonight's match and were atrocious yet again. Exciting players like Koke, Mata and Fabregas were left on the bench and should have been used from the start. Costa also doesn't suit Spain's system, he's one of the most overrated strikers I've ever seen.

Santuzzo

Reaction score
That used to be the general opinion a couple years back. Even though I'm Portuguese (which by itself does not mean I like Ronaldo, one would be surprised to see the hate he gets in his own country) and like Ronaldo more than Messi, it has become clear in recent times that Ronaldo's "arrogance" is nothing more than a huge amount of self-confidence that gets perceived as arrogance.
Messi on the other hand has the support of the press which has made him the "good boy" and yet he has been involved in so many scandals... from attacking other players on the field constantely to shooting balls towards opposition supporters, throwing up each week because his internal organs are all screwed (because of the treatment he received at Barça when he was younger, to grow up) and even tax evasion related to charity matches...

Both are amazing players, though. Really brilliant and they are definitely marking a generation because they are way better than everyone else. But Messi is not that good of a boy that one would think he is...

Still, I don't think neither Argentina nor Portugal are title contenders this year. I'd put my bets on Germany or Italy. The Germans are too strong and the Italians are always a pesky side to play against! You and your amazing tactical systems :lol:

Regardless of the things you just mentioned and which I did not know, to me it's just the way these guys come across to me.
There is a fine line between self-confidence and arrogance, it's just my perception/opinion, could be just me. But if I look at players like say Mueller or Robben, to me they come across as very self-confident yet very humble.

But yes, I may not do Renaldo justice by seeing him as arrogant. :shrug:

Alberto7

Contributor
Reaction score
I knew the Spanish team's uniform this year was ugly anyway...

The manager Vincente Del Bosque has got to take much of the blame for Spain's demise. He picked teams based on sentiment. Xabi Alonso and Casillas who had nightmare performances against Holland were inexplicably chosen for tonight's match and were atrocious yet again. Exciting players like Koke, Mata and Fabregas were left on the bench and should have been used from the start. Costa also doesn't suit Spain's system, he's one of the most overrated strikers I've ever seen.

True there. I have no idea what was going through his mind. And Fabregas is such an incredible player too, I have no idea why he didn't play this match.

But it's not only that. The players today and last time were simply not into it. They were kicking balls all over the place, missing passes, doing backward passes in the oddest of situations and places, Casillas had no idea how to handle the ball when it was given to him. Receiving the ball for any of them was like a nightmare; they would literally stop for a second as soon as they got the ball as if they were scared of it. They hesitated too long. They had open spots to shoot through on Chile's side but they decided to pass to teammates that were being covered by Chilean players. It was honestly just BAD.

And with that said, MASSIVE props to Bravo (Chile's goalkeeper), because he earned it. Man of the match for me. What a dude.

IbanezDaemon

Raptus regaliter
Reaction score
Great energy in that Chilean side. They deserve to go through.
Don't know how much we can now read into Holland's thrashing
of Spain though you can only beat what's put in front of you I
suppose. My faves for the tournament now would be Germany.
Looking forward to seeing more of Italy though, along with the
Germans they really have the know how in tournament football.

alvaro89

Reaction score
ADIOS ESPAÑA !

I dislike Del Bosque from the first time he was our national team coach, he is a Fu**ing gutless and he deserved this (I have to say I'm Real Madrid supporter and I should like him, but no, I hate the way we won World Cup 2010 and Euro 2012) I hate "tiki taka", it is so boooooring, congratulations Chile and Netherlands !

bouVIP

Reaction score
Tiki Taka died earlier this year as evident by Barcelona's decline. They definitely should have changed their style of play and tactics.

So hopefully this is the for sure end of it.

Zado

Reaction score
The Germans are too strong and the Italians are always a pesky side to play against! You and your amazing tactical systems

It's a "we are diggin your grave" vs "let's defend,maybe they will score in their own goal" tactycal system.Dunno which one will be better:ugh:

Meanwhile

Someone is happy
BriefWhirlwindAfricanrockpython.gif

Someone feels st00pid
LavishLavishFerret.gif

Someone takes action
lmao.jpg

Someone is worried
Bqb5PgjCYAE22Kf.png

jahosy

Reaction score
Aus Vs Holland match was entertaining. And what a goal from Cahill.

asher

So Did We
Reaction score
Unfortunately I could not watch it, but from, what I have heard Australia may as well have won. :yesway:

Yeah, it was just a fantastic match overall. I think probably my favorite so far. I was really pulling for the Roos to win, which they really needed (Or a Spanish victory) to move on.

I actually don't think they should have gotten that PK though :lol:

you should find it somewhere and watch it if you can.

danresn

Reaction score
Yeah, it was just a fantastic match overall. I think probably my favorite so far. I was really pulling for the Roos to win, which they really needed (Or a Spanish victory) to move on.

I actually don't think they should have gotten that PK though :lol:

you should find it somewhere and watch it if you can.

The world game has the full replay online

liamh

Geek-chic
Reaction score
So much second hand embarrassment for Spain.
Still baffled as to why they didn't take Negredo; the guys been very impressive for Man City

Alberto7

Contributor
Reaction score
It's a "we are diggin your grave" vs "let's defend,maybe they will score in their own goal" tactycal system.Dunno which one will be better:ugh:

Meanwhile

Someone is happy
BriefWhirlwindAfricanrockpython.gif

Someone feels st00pid
LavishLavishFerret.gif

Someone takes action
lmao.jpg

Someone is worried
Bqb5PgjCYAE22Kf.png

LOL I was looking for a gif of the dude waving with the "adios spana" sign. It absolutely annihilated my insides when I saw him on live friggin' TV. :rofl::rofl:

I still can't get over Spain. However, if they were gonna play that shittily anyway, I am glad they are out. As a Spanish, it pains me to say that. I don't know if I should wear my Spain jersey tomorrow to university, :lol: although it's the Jersey from the last Eurocup, from the Spanish team at their very peak, from the Spanish team I still root for, and from the best uniform Spain has had till now, imo. Perhaps there's not much shame in wearing that jersey. :lol:

Regarding Australia, I seriously wanted them to go to knockouts and make it until at least quarter finals. They deserved it. They were putting up an incredible fight against world-renowned teams and took everyone by surprise. Just that alone is enough for me to make me want to root for them.

Now that things begin to look a little clearer, I find Germany has an incredibly strong team. I wouldn't be surprised if we saw them in the final. Rooting now for the Netherlands and Germany. :D

jahosy

Reaction score
Think the Italians will be there abouts too. Still reckon a south american team will win it.

Have to say it's been a fantastic world cup so far. Most teams set out to attack which is something you don't see often.

Now let's bring the 2022 world cup tournament to OZland! :fawk:

Centrix

Reaction score
Regardless of the things you just mentioned and which I did not know, to me it's just the way these guys come across to me.
There is a fine line between self-confidence and arrogance, it's just my perception/opinion, could be just me. But if I look at players like say Mueller or Robben, to me they come across as very self-confident yet very humble.

But yes, I may not do Renaldo justice by seeing him as arrogant. :shrug:

Ah yes yes, I see your point and I agree. There is definitely a difference when comparing that type of players to Ronaldo.

Also please don't take it personally man, I was just explaining my opinion :yesway:

In other news, Spain got the beating that was predicted...
Funny (or not lol) to see how Iberian teams dominated European competitions (two spanish teams on CL final, one on Europa League + Benfica) and yet our squads have been absolutely demolished. I just hope Portugal manages to win the next games to avoid going home so soon... :wallbash:

')