Soccer / Football - All things here :)

• Thread starter Sebastian
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

ShadowAMD

Reaction score
As a native English dude it's not a surprise we lost, especially watching the France match. Such speed and accuracy passing, always driving the right way and a great sense of player position and agility / speed. None of which England had...

Pleasantly surprised with the US and Dempsey has some balls to play ;), secretly routing for the US team. I hope you get into the last 16..

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Alberto7

Living room guitarist. Ex-bedroom guitarist.
Contributor
Reaction score
Just kinda speculating here, but it seems the world has finally found ways of countering tiki-taka and European teams are being dethroned. Kind of a shame, in a way, since I really like that style of playing. On the other hand, it's exciting to see the sport is still evolving.

And the US does not cease to impress me this year.

Zado

Reaction score
Do you remember when Europe was under heavy crisis,but you could say "hey,at least we have football!"?

Forget it:lol:

Alberto7

Contributor
Reaction score
OMG DAT GOAL LAST 30 SECONDS...!!

Don Vito

Reaction score
Damn it USA
you-had-one-job-9.jpg

Alberto7

Contributor
Reaction score
Do you remember when Europe was under heavy crisis,but you could say "hey,at least we have football!"?

Forget it:lol:

I do. :lol: I was living in Madrid (Spain, not US) when Spain had Fernando Alonso (Formula 1), the guy in MotoGP, Gasol (basketball), won two Eurocups and a World Cup, had Rafael Nadal (tennis) and I think we had also won a handball sort of world cup (I'm not sure... I don't follow that sport). We were winning almost every sport imaginable. It was wonderful, but it was also such a distraction from the huuuuuge issues in the country (and still is today).

Zado

Reaction score
I was about to post this
MzJCfkg.gif

But looks like next sit is for Italy,Portugal did it in the very end,lucky bastardz!:lol:

liamh

Geek-chic
Reaction score
Haha oh man poor Americans. 30 seconds left on a fairly long ET. Such injustice

ShadowAMD

Reaction score
Hmmm, Germany is a team to fear. I'll be watching that one, it'll be very interesting... If Portugal win against Ghana you guys are home free with GD, if you draw with Germany you're also home free. So you're still in it to win it :).

Zado

Reaction score
Hmmm, Germany is a team to fear. I'll be watching that one, it'll be very interesting... If Portugal win against Ghana you guys are home free with GD, if you draw with Germany you're also home free. So you're still in it to win it :).

The awkward moment when you realize that football sucks:yesway:

This guy feels the same
untitled-5jmj4o.gif

Centrix

Reaction score
Oh well. Can't say I didn't see that coming...

Everything is wrong with our team. From the chosen 23 players to the physical preparation plus team selection.
There is also no will to win, doesn't even look like we are a latin team. Ridiculous.

However I think the draw is the fairest result considering the total length of the match. Kind of a bummer for USA because it pretty much means they don't go through though. It's not like Portugal has any chance... Germany and Gana it is.

Grand Moff Tim

Some call me... Tim
Reaction score
Man, I opened the fifa page to check the score and it said "USA 2 -1 Portugal, 90' ," I almost jumped out of my pants, and then a MICROSECOND later it updated to "USA 2 - 2 Portugal."

I was so ready to gloat to all the obnoxious Brits at the expat bars here.

Zado

Reaction score
untitled-1241kuw.gif

Justice League feels disappointed.

Bruce's gonna spend his night w/ beetches.

How it was supposed to be
iA7wygWDGQcm1.gif

what really happened
5ya76XS.jpg

..I don't have a comment for this one
iu2QGuCKlelBw.gif

')